[ACT III] This Thing With Shani....

+
[ACT III] This Thing With Shani....

Okay, so 'my' Geralt decided that Alvin should go to Shani, 'cause he don't really trust that little minx Triss... (Well, she walked in on Geralt doing the do with the PRINCESS,for heaven's sake! Just walked in, bold as you please, and started waffling on about Leuvaarden! I mean - timing, girl - ! He lost his fancy medallion because of that!)....and now Shani's decided she's in love with him and is asking for a ring, presumably to show his 'commitment to the relationship.' or some such thing.*sigh*Question is... how would this affect the rest of the game? If I give her the ring, does it mean that she's gonna get all narky every time Geralt has to have rumpy with another girl (for the good of The Quest, naturally..) Is Triss gonna be sooooo narked at him that all quest lines concerning her are closed off? Alternatively, what would be the consequences of NOT giving Shani the ring? Would that mean all quests concerning her are closed off?*whine* I thought the whole point of being a sterile, monster-slaying witcher was that chicks weren't going to behave like this around him, mithering on about things like 'commitment' and stuff! *end whine*

It's worth playing through twice so you can choose both of them.Whoever you choose the other one doesn't take it too well but you will still have some dealings with them later.Shani won't know if you screw around but you never know if Triss is watching you through a magic mirror.

Well, hopefully Geralt hasn't already screwed things up in the ring-bearing department as far as Shani goes.... he staggered back to Shani's house, totally trolleyed after his drinking sesh with the boys, and blundered upstairs to wake her up. I was pretty sure I had the required ring in Geralt's inventory, so he woke her up and activated the Gift-giving icon... only to find...Aaaarrgh! Disaster! I'd forgotten to go and get it out of storage from the innkeeper! In desperation I looked through his inventory to see if there was anything reasonably nice Geralt could give her instead (well, since he'd already woken her up I thought I'd better at least make it worth her while) Lemme see; chicken leg....? Nah, probably not..... Drowner brains....? Hmm, not very romantic.... Fisstech.... ooops, no, how'd the heck that get in there, I meant to put that in storage! How about a nice Swallow potion? Hmmmm.... say it with poison, maybe not then.... In the end I just gave up and cancelled out of it, and Shani sighed "Oh Geralt, what is this?" and went back to sleep. Maybe I should've waited 'till he'd sobered up? :-[

You can try giving her lots of stuff and she will say similar till you give the ring she wants.She'll only keep the ring.Also make sure you speak to Alvin at least once while you're drunk. (just for fun)

The scene with Triss plays out pretty much the same way. But you also have to treat Alvin correctly too. The ring is not enough. You have three options with Alvin and the ladies have different expectations as to Geralt's fatherly duties. If you have the ring you may need to save and reload to get the right combination.

You can just try with Alvin over time as you bumble around - just pop in the house and talk to him, say something- check with Shani if she will take the ring or requires more Alvin'ery. I took Triss and Shani hates me, but we still get along well enough to get through Act V. The moment you choose who gets Alvin is when all of the hatred bubbles from the other - so you are already too late to keep them both remotely happy, Triss is pissed. :p

Candi said:
You can just try with Alvin over time as you bumble around - just pop in the house and talk to him, say something- check with Shani if she will take the ring or requires more Alvin'ery. I took Triss and Shani hates me, but we still get along well enough to get through Act V. The moment you choose who gets Alvin is when all of the hatred bubbles from the other - so you are already too late to keep them both remotely happy, Triss is pissed. :p
Ohhhhh yeah, Triss is pissed alright....! She talks to me like I'm dirt in her house - although I notice she still hints at the possibility of rumpy whenever she's at the party in the inn with Leuvaarden - who's she trying to impress? (And just how long does that shindig go on anyways??)

Meh... I think it's Triss just showing her true colors. She'd probably end up stabbing Geralt in the back for political expediency anyway. I'd bet she's banging Leuvaarden.She might genuinely have some feelings for Geralt but they're secondary to her ambition and serving the Sorceresses Lodge.

Top Bottom