[AE DECK] Northern Realms Weather-Control Siege Deck

+
[AE DECK] Northern Realms Weather-Control Siege Deck

NOTE : I am aware that right now it's too early to even talk about a strategy , but I thought sharing some ideas wouldn't harm anyone. The difficulty here is that we have absolutely no idea about the cards. We don't know what was reworked , added , removed. What we have is a database of the cards shown until now. I will solely talk about the strategies and maybe give some pointers towards what to pick from a mixture of the W3 cards and the shown ones.

[ NORTHERN REALMS ] [ WEATHER-CONTROL ] [ SIEGE ] DECK
by AngelEclipse

[ NORTHERN REALMS ]

Pick this if you're going for a siege deck. Apart from the pretty good minions it has on the specific lane it has good Leader Cards that work well with a weather-control deck.

You'll have two choices for a leader card , I'll present both and show their pros and cons.
{ THE SIEGEMASTER }

'Horn on siege row.'

My personal favorite , since it's a one-size-fits-all leader card. It's useful at ALL times.​

{ KING OF TEMERIA }

'Pick a Fog card from your deck and play it immediately.'

This helps a lot with your weather control type. It throws away the worry of not having a Fog. HOWEVER , what if :

• The enemy deck is based on close range?

• The enemy deck is based on siege?

• The enemy doesn't have any ranged minions in his deck?

This is just an example of 3 situations when your leader card will be useless. You need a versatile deck , not a situational one.

Now that we're done with the leaders , let's discuss the units.

Mostly , you'll want all of the siege units in your deck , since they're fewer than any other type of card. Here are some recommended ones you should try to have ( again , it's a mixture of old and new ) :

Kaedweni Siege Support
Absolutely necessary , have as many of them as you can ( in the old one the limit is 3 , dunno about the new one )

Nenneke A good medic , since it also brings in some points .

Redanian Elite A very powerful card , watch out for scorch and plague , and the round has high chances of being won.

Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry Again , a very powerful card. Must have!

Shani Very very very good. Play it on your second or last round.

You can find info about these cards HERE.

Everything from the old cards is mainly based upon spies. Get all the spies you can , preferably those which are NOT siege minions , since you'll freeze and fog the close and ranged lanes , reducing the points you'll give to the enemy , making the trade very profitable.

Pick as many heroes as you can. You'll need support from the other lanes .

For a look on the old cards , look HERE.

[ WEATHER-CONTROL ]

{ MAIN STRATEGY }

Even though it's called a weather control deck , don't set up things before you even get into the point race. Keep your weather control as a surprise , near the end , where turns have a bigger value. Then , when your opponent clears the weather , you'll have two options.

1. Is to play more weather debuffs , hoping they're not enjoying the game with 3 Clear weather in their hands.

2. Build towards promoting units to heroes.

Another possibility is that the enemy will play a Torrential Rain , making you clear the weather. Here's where your freshly promoted units and heroes will come into play.

But , as we all know , we can't wait for the Heroes to come on a white horse and save us. You'll have to do something by yourself , as Heroes will be ( I expect ) expensive or very rare. The only thing you can do is keep the deck count at a minimum so you'll get more weather cards in your hand. That's what a weather control deck is , after all.

{ COUNTERS }

You have 3 very difficult counters. I'll list them going from the easier one to the more advanced one.

1.{ HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY }

'Pick a Rain card from your deck and play it immediately.'

This guy will make you shoot yourself in the leg. The strategy here is to play your weather cards early , which would lower the chances of him creating a full storm on the board. Don't show him your siege cards. Give him hope that he'll win with his inferior siege units , since it's his only opening , and crush him at the end. If he plays a Clear Weather , start playing normally , and be careful for his ability.

It's less likely to see this leader card showing up , since his ability is situational.

2.{ LORD COMMANDER OF THE NORTH }

'Clear any Weather effects in game.'

This should be a very popular Leader Card , which you'll mostly see in lower ranks ( if the game will have a ranking system ) due to it's simplicity and utility. Don't be afraid of it , it's just like a bonus clear weather , which you'll see anyways in every match. Just Frost or Fog his strongest lane ( taking into consideration he is a close or ranged main ) , and lure him into wasting his ability. If he's a siege main ( it's possible , the NR are very strong on the siege side ) , just battle him on that lane and you should win with your superior cards. If he has the same cards as you and a better hand at the beginning , lose a round on purpose or try the basic things you see on the Google search " how to play gwent " , I won't go through all of them here.

3.{ THE STEEL-FORGED }

'Scorch Siege if enemies Siege strengh is 10 or higher.'

You could compare this one to the one on the 2nd place , but remember that a scorch could always be more painful than a weather change. Where weather is controllable ( by this lovely weather control deck ) , dead cards can only be revived by medics , which you may or may not have in your hand.

You can't defend this one , just take 2 Scorches in your deck for a possible trade with him.

[ NEUTRAL CARDS ]

Yennefer of Vengerberg is a lovely card , while Geralt and Ciri could always come in handy. As for the new cards , definitely get Priscilla . For special cards choose Mushrooms , Epidemic or Scorch , Decoy 2x , Commander's Horn 1x , all the weather cards excepting any Torrential Rain.

Be sure to look for some Decoy tactics and basic Gwent Strategies , as I don't explain starter stuff here.

P.S.: This deck is my first one , and I'll work towards making it better , or even changing some strategies ( or even adding a 'what to do if i'm missing cards'). It's really hard to talk about this now , since there are many missing variables ( that's why the ACTUAL deck from this post is missing ) , and I talk about enemy strategies only based on loads of Hearthstone matches. If you have anything to add, or to ask , or to mention the big logic holes I created while writing this, go on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom