After the 2.1 patch, do we need a new game?

+

Madi92

Forum regular
Just as in the title. Im doing my first ever playtrough and im still at the beginning.

Any chance, that after the patch, givent the changes, that we need to start a new game?

I also use some mods, so im guessing, if one of them, dosent update im toast, no?

You probably will not need to start a new game; it should just update, and the saves should be just fine (It's possible they get corrupted or there is some sort of bug but hopefully all is fine.)

As for the mods, they will 100% need to be updated, at least the core ones like CET TweakXL etc.... a lot of mods wont need updates most likely like clothing items etc... But the core ones and pre-reqs almost always break, So maybe turn off auto-update until those mods get updated.... If the mods break with the update and it causes big issues for the game, it may need a clean install, so I strongly suggest updating the mods before trying to play 2.1.

No.

But remove all mods and enable them only after they are updated.

Patch 2.1 is mostly immersive updates like adding metro and extending gigs with car chases if thievery went wrong.

^ Reinforcing this, as this is an important consideration and one of the most common causes of errors in games.

Whenever a game is updated, it's important to remove ALL mods and restore the game to 100% vanilla installation before updating. Whenever an update occurs, mod authors will need to update their mods individually or at least ensure that prior versions work correctly with the new game version. This is true of all games, not just CP2077.

(It's not guaranteed that mods will cause an issue, but if they are going to cause an issue, this is one of the most common ways.)

Top Bottom