Rosalind Myers

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
MYERS_CP77EP1_Profiles_1920x1080.png

The current president of the New United States of America, now gearing up to fight for a fourth term in office. As the former CEO of Militech, she had no scruples about using her connections to further the NUSA's expansionist dream.

Check out also:
Song So Mi "Songbird"
Solomon Reed

Nice and interesting;
In this picture, she looks a bit older than in the trailer.
Probably because the picture is a closer shot (and has better quality).

I really love her redesign! It looks so good. Hope her model in the devil ending gets replaced too. Although the TV stuff are pre-rendered and replacing her in the news isn't that easy.

Strictly speaking, and purely from the point of view of playing the game, there's no reason to think that that was Rosalind Myers. Outside of playing the game, and digging into game files, sure, we can see the placeholder asset for Myers used the same model, but it doesn't actually matter (there are potentially reasons of convenience for why that might've happened), because as you play the game there was nothing explicitly indicating "this is Myers" or "I am Myers" or anything like that; she could just as easily have been the White House Press Secretary for instance (or whatever equivalent the NUSA has). Meaning, the writers can easily wave their hands and declare that and it wouldn't be incongruent with what the audience has experienced. Based on that, they don't actually have to change that specific video.

THAT being said, I would still expect those news clips to get some kind of update including Myers (e.g. the addition of a Myers clip, rather than a retconned clip).

Strictly speaking, and purely from the point of view of playing the game, there's no reason to think that that was Rosalind Myers.
Oh boy, here we go again.
There is reason to think that's her because it is. They say it's her, and she delivers a statement during one of the endings.

Outside of playing the game, and digging into game files, sure, we can see the placeholder asset for Myers used the same model, but it doesn't actually matter
It does. It's fine that it's placeholder, sort of, as they're replacing a general NPC mesh bearing blue hair with something more fitting the previous CEO of militech that is now the President of NUSA. If the TV says it's her, she says "My administration", and the mesh and ent files says it's her - that's her. We have every reason to believe it's her, my guy.
(there are potentially reasons of convenience for why that might've happened), because as you play the game there was nothing explicitly indicating "this is Myers" or "I am Myers" or anything like that; she could just as easily have been the White House Press Secretary for instance (or whatever equivalent the NUSA has). Meaning, the writers can easily wave their hands and declare that and it wouldn't be incongruent with what the audience has experienced. Based on that, they don't actually have to change that specific video.
They do actually because that's the weight of professionalism. It would be quite amateurish for them to not revise those recordings.

There is reason to think that's her because it is. They say it's her, and she delivers a statement during one of the endings.
Yep, there is one thing which make me think she was originally intended to be Rosalind, it's the "wording" :)
I could be wrong and it's maybe a french thing, but in the video, when she say :
"...Arasaka corpse increasingly antagonistic language has cause MY admisnistration..."
"... if necessary I will not hesitate to teach his son..."
"...if provoked I can assure you..."
In france, you will never see a spokesperson or adviser use "MY" or "I" when it come to gouvernement decision. The only person who will use "my" or "i" is the president himself.
Because indeed, the french equivalent of a "White House Press Secretary" can't assure something by himself (so he won't use "i") or even less talking about the gouvernement by saying "my administration", because well... it's simply not the case.

It does. It's fine that it's placeholder, sort of, as they're replacing a general NPC mesh bearing blue hair with something more fitting the previous CEO of militech that is now the President of NUSA. If the TV says it's her, she says "My administration", and the mesh and ent files says it's her - that's her. We have every reason to believe it's her, my guy.

They do actually because that's the weight of professionalism. It would be quite amateurish for them to not revise those recordings.

Cool video but I've never seen that video in the game once. This is what I see during the Devil ending:

As it's actually presented there, they never mention who the NUSA rep is. No "my administration" or any of that.

Are you certain the video you posted is actually in your playthrough and not just datamined? If there's an alt version of the Devil ending I've just not experienced yet then fine, fair enough, but I'd like to actually see it.

Cool video but I've never seen that video in the game once.
I think it on TV after the Heist (after Yorinobu accused militech, also on TV)
I can't "affirme" it for sure, it's been a long while since I spent time to watch TV...

Edit :
Beside, the same guy published another TV show which include Rosalind Mayers, but clearly noticed it was "cut content", unlike this one.
Anyway, the fact that this video exist prove what Rosalind Mayers originally looked like. So I guess we all agree that the "new look" of Rosalind Mayers is way better than the orginal one :)

Last edited:
I think it on TV after the Heist (after Yorinobu accused militech, also on TV)
I can't "affirme" it for sure, it's been a long while since I spent time to watch TV...

Welp, if someone can prove that, then fair enough, I would agree that it would have to be updated. But if the only instance of "placeholder lady" is in the video I posted, then that particular clip wouldn't have to be modified at all. However, if the other video (the one @BabaBooey88 posted) is also in the game, then, sure, that would have to be retconned.
Post automatically merged:

Edit :
Beside, the same guy published another TV show which include Rosalind Mayers, but clearly noticed it was "cut content", unlike this one.
Anyway, the fact that this video exist prove what Rosalind Mayers originally looked like. So I guess we all agree that the "new look" of Rosalind Mayers is way better than the orginal one :)

Exactly, that guy seems to be posting datamined stuff not necessarily in the game. Like I said, if it's just a datamined video that was cut, then it doesn't prove anything beyond that model simply being a placeholder. That video would have to literally show up as you're playing - if it does, then yes that would prove she was meant to look that way originally.

Btw, it's worth bearing in mind that as with any production, be it film, tv, stage, videogames, etc., it's completely normal for things to get swapped, changed, rejigged, etc. before the final thing.

But yes, ANYWAY, I completely agree, ACTUAL Rosalind Myers looks BADASS :)

Last edited:
V: I see you've come out of your blue hair anime phase. Nice.

Myers: .........Ahem.

V (long pause, bewildered):.......oh thats right! I see you've come out your blue hair anime phase "Madame President".

Myers: (sigh) be better V.

I personally liked more the blue, long-haired Rosalind than this new short-haired Rosalind, but it's not a big deal what color and length her hair is.

This image of Rosalind Myers tells me a lot about her:

Firmness
Intelligence
attractive
Worry
Leader
Discipline
Sense of duty and justice

It will be very interesting to talk to her and make us complicit in her story in Phantom Liberty

Won't he have Yorinobu's evil?
Yorinobu could be considered as evil, but in fact he's not. He's more like Johnny, a rebel who chosen a "wrong/evil" path to (try to) achieve his goals.
No doubt, she look great, but with everything we know, I will be (very) careful about Rosalind too.
- She saved her soul on the Arasaka "Save Your Soul" program (her engram is in Mikoshi), so she have a kind of relation with Arasaka.
- She's the former Militech CEO, president of the NUSA, a state pretty much ruled by Militech.
- Militech, a corporation like most of corporations, which is not known to play fair game.
- So she's on Militech side, but she also collaborated a bit with Arasaka to save her soul... it seem quite suspicious to me.

So Rosalind might not be a "true evil" like Saburo is, but she doesn't really inspire me confidence either. I'm really interested to see how it'll go during the story :giggle:

Top Bottom