I think players are right about the police in Night City

+
Initially I disagreed with the overwhelming police presence and I still don't find it too problematic, but I realized it may be because of how I play. I play with a high speed high maneuverable character so I can disappear before the heat comes down on me but that might not be the case for everyone.

Yes in a dystopian world there can be a lot of police but you'd think some of these police would be corrupt and not as dutiful as all the police in Night City appear to be. It can feel like these Night City Police have Justice for breakfast every morning alongside their coffee....they take their job very seriously. I doubt the devs will be able to make the AI that flexible so the best option is to have slightly less police patrolling.

I said it before on another post. The more NCPD missions I complete = the more lenient they should be towards me.

"Oh Hey V, yeah you're one of us, carry on V"
"Uh Dispatch, uh yeah, the perp got away"
"Have a great day V"

Not only there are too many cops, but their hatred against V, choosing to help gangsters against V even if those are assaulting civilians or have a reward on their head, is outrageous.

Also, for the background on Cyberpunk, there is too much police. Its not like there is a powerful totalitarian government enforcing policial pressence as a means of repression or control, but mostly the opposite: corporations got the power and protect their areas with their own security, while "public services" including police are at a precarious state, wich also explains (and is even a needed factor) of the super high crime and murder rate on night city. Far beyond being a "repressive policial state" is mostly a city full of crime where law is barely enforced here and there, with most crimes unresolved or straight closed if the victim isn´t important. Its even stated NCPD is on the verge of dissapearing or being privatized in favour of any corp private security service. The only "well-geared" group is the psysquad (Max-Tac on night city) and just because is a reduced group needed for the worse threats.

I hate the fact that I can't kill RIVER any time I want. That he's a protected NPC. I wish I knew I could leave him hanging years ago so that he'd just be another dead cop, cause that's the only good cop there is.

ACAB.

NCPD went from understaffed and overwhelmed faction to actual Judges from Judge Dredd universe :D

The only thing missing is them yelling; "I AM THE LAW!" as they gun down V just for breathing the same air as them.

Top Bottom