An Editors tale. - Enjoy.

+
Not long ago in a cybercity nearby, lived an aspiring BD editor and a tiny Cat named Dog, One rainy night the editor decided to pop out to fetch cat food for dog, It was cold rainy and the mechanical grunts and smell of the city's underbelly was the only form of company to be had.

The editor decided to call a Taxi to make the journey more pleasant as walking in the cold piercing rain didn't sound fun, The editor called but weirdly no response! and called again with yet no success. Irritated by this the editor had no choice but to continue walking getting soaked just to get cat food for dog. Time dragged on with no sign of any open stores or markets, but just as all hope seemed lost a glimmer of light could be seen flickering beside a rocky formation alongside the highway, As the editor moved closer the shape of a blue van could be seen behind the rocks and a small campfire with roasted marshmallows.

The editor moved towards the Van.

NOT ONE MORE STEP!

The editor startled by the voice suddenly stopped and yelled fearfully WAIT PLEASE!, I just wanted food for my cat and assumed you to be another trader passing through, Out from behind the Van a female with green, pink hair parted at one side in overalls stepped into the light.

A cat? she said looking confused, well you don't see many of those anymore, sorry for the scare kid I'm a little on edge, the city can do that to you...Anyway no I'm no trader sorry

The editor feeling more calm sat on a nearby wooden crate and informed her that the local stores closed and is only trying to get some cat food but no luck, the female leaned against the van and smiled What's the cats name?

The editor awkwardly muttered and coughed.... Dog.
She briefly giggled, Pffft What? haha no way for a moment I thought you were serious.
The editor sat in silence giving a blank stare.
Wait....For real, haha wow, here was me thinking people going by one letter names was strange.
The editor laughed and said it was named by a friend of the family.
The female looked at the editor with a sense of self-reflection, hmm hold up kid I think I can help.

The female walked over to the Van and out of sight, then metal clanking and random shuffling of objects could be Heard, she soon returned holding an old box.
It's not much but this should do the trick, this stuff lasts years in the can apparently.
The editor opened the box to find an assortment of dated canned catfood.

The editor gasped! Where did you get this stuff? it seems really old I'm lucky if I can get the artificial stuff let alone the real deal, Is it still safe?
The female responded, sure... I mean seemed safe when my grandparents used it, sorry for the water damage best hold it together kid.
The editor smiled and thanked whilst holding the box like it was the worlds most desired treasure.

Hey kid I'm heading back from where you came if you like I can drop you off?

The editor agreed and with that both got into the Van, The rain finally stopped as the remaining droplets cascaded on the windscreen.
the female turned on the radio only to find no signal, Urrghhh not again she huffed, reaching for a pack of smokes, She glanced over to the editor, ahh sorry kid bad habits, she put the smokes back down and opened the window instead.
The curious editor noticed a small bag nearby and reluctantly asked may I take a look? whilst reaching.

She hesitated....sure go for it, It's a prototype so be careful she warned.
The editor seemed surprised by her words, with that the editor unzipped the bag, and inside was a Black BD Rig unlike anything the editor had ever seen, the rig came with a small notepad with general instructions but one thing stood out, ''ProtoBD.V''

The female brought the van to a stop just outside the editors residence, It took 5 attempts to get a working build she said but seems to work fine,
Keep it kid I have the schematics for the updated version anyway, I really should stop giving these away she chuckled.

A little Confused the editor thanked her and exited the van but before leaving the editor felt the urge to ask something, Hey what's you're name?
She looked back at the editor with a mischievous smirk.

The names Judy.

-End-

By The_wafflenerd

Last edited:
Top Bottom