Another Romance Thread

+
I know it's been brought up many times but honestly if there were more options then one per gender it wouldn't be that big a deal but seriously why wasn't Pam and Judy Bi by default including the players to give us choice and in a verse where you can visit your local ripper and change out body parts on demand?

I agree the romance system is not very well developed.

And about the ripper doc, yeah it's pretty interesting. Altering your anatomy to influence romance options would be pretty funny imo.

And about the ripper doc, yeah it's pretty interesting. Altering your anatomy to influence romance options would be pretty funny imo.
funny but if your crush changed their genitals...would you still be interested?, you'd still be the same gender, just with different bits, it's not a free pass to romance everyone. such a really strange take on this for romance purposes. the npc would have to be into that sort of thing, other wise you're just catfishing

I think a romances and romance options were cut short. What I've read so much of everything was cut from the final game. In the (2018?) demo when they originally only had one lifepath, fem V had options to flirt with Viktor. Viktor's an awesome character who was probably planned as a romance option originally?
Post automatically merged:

funny but if your crush changed their genitals...would you still be interested?, you'd still be the same gender, just with different bits, it's not a free pass to romance everyone. such a really strange take on this for romance purposes. the npc would have to be into that sort of thing, other wise you're just catfishing

What if V decided they're transgender?

funny but if your crush changed their genitals...would you still be interested?, you'd still be the same gender, just with different bits, it's not a free pass to romance everyone. such a really strange take on this for romance purposes.
I wouldn't put something like that in the game. The original poster brought up ripper docs changing your genitals. I thought about it and realized, yeah, it would be interesting if that mechanic was in the game.

And to answer your first question, no I wouldn't be interested. I'd be long gone if that happened.

I think a romances and romance options were cut short. What I've read so much of everything was cut from the final game. In the (2018?) demo when they originally only had one lifepath, fem V had options to flirt with Viktor. Viktor's an awesome character who was probably planned as a romance option originally?
Post automatically merged:

What if V decided they're transgender?
I didn't write the npc's sexual preference, the way the game is coded/written is when you pick your gender at character creation is who you can and can't romance, choice of genitalia doesn't make a bit of difference, swapping "bits" on a whim to romance different genders seems a bit odd in a game, it's coded to gender not your bits.

I didn't write the npc's sexual preference, the way the game is coded/written is when you pick your gender at character creation is who you can and can't romance, choice of genitalia doesn't make a bit of difference, swapping "bits" on a whim to romance different genders seems a bit odd in a game, it's coded to gender not your bits.

This wouldn't require much work to change around just remove a line of dialogue here and there. Again just lack of choices for the player that could easily be changed with no major story rewrites needed. PC players will get mods for this I'm sure but what about the console players?

This wouldn't require much work to change around just remove a line of dialogue here and there. Again just lack of choices for the player that could easily be changed with no major story rewrites needed. PC players will get mods for this I'm sure but what about the console players?
but if you did that, what's the point in genders? if you could romance anyone regardless of gender and genitals, why not scrap genders and have one option...we'd all have hermaphrodite characters

but if you did that, what's the point in genders? if you could romance anyone regardless of gender and genitals, why not scrap genders and have one option...we'd all have hermaphrodite characters

Don't think to deep into this it's just a video game :) I know what you mean but I'm sure players would as whole would appreciate 2 romance options. I mean Mass Effect 1 all those years ago had 2 for male and female( Liara was kinda a easy cop op I know but still ). I think V no matter the what current body part installed would like it to. People of the future are transformers...get it :)

Don't think to deep into this it's just a video game :) I know what you mean but I'm sure players would as whole would appreciate 2 romance options. I mean Mass Effect 1 all those years ago had 2 for male and female. I think V no matter the what current body part installed would like it to. People of the future are transformers...get it :)
oh I'm not thinking too deep, romance is meant to be a side gimmick, not a main feature, this ain't a dating simulator game, sure change your bits at a whim, but it ain't gonna change your gender or the npc's preferences....

oh I'm not thinking too deep, romance is meant to be a side gimmick, not a main feature, this ain't a dating simulator game, sure change your bits at a whim, but it ain't gonna change your gender or the npc's preferences....
That's the problem with this game right now as a whole. This game is on life support with the story and characters and that's pretty much it. I really don't care that much about the highest textures or Ray Tracing but outside the main story quest and few gig's Night City feels empty and lifeless with zombie npc's. I hope more life and content is coming to Night City in the years to come but I'm just worried their attention will just be to address the bugs and stability then move onto multiplayer because that's where the profits will come from and that's all investors care about. Investors don't care about story or characters just the micro's.

their attention should only be focused on bugs and stability at this moment in time, anything extra,qol or wish lists will probably be anywhere from 6-12 months away, if you believe the hearsay, multiplayer is like 3 yrs away at best, they've probably already planned out the dlc for the single player game long ago, they need a working game before they add more to it, be patient my friend :) I'm just curious to see how multiplayer will be implemented, I heard it's a standalone game, would it be like an online mmo, or a coop based game...

It wouldn't really be catfishing, and when you think about it it's probably something that would be pretty routine in the world of Cyberpunk.

YOU might not like it, but it fits the lore. Hell changing faceplates is mentioned more than once in the game, and Mr. Studd is already a thing that happens in the game.

People get boob jobs, nose jobs, and ass implants already. Swappable genitals would just be a natural extension of things we have already. Hell they even said it's something that possible in the world of Cyberpunk. Devs made statements about it when they announced that you could put a penis on a female character (which is utterly pointless in the end and was added 110% soley for marketing).

their attention should only be focused on bugs and stability at this moment in time, anything extra,qol or wish lists will probably be anywhere from 6-12 months away, if you believe the hearsay, multiplayer is like 3 yrs away at best, they've probably already planned out the dlc for the single player game long ago, they need a working game before they add more to it, be patient my friend :)

i don't think that whole team is working on bug fixes, there are plenty of other developers, there is a group of developers who understand coding and fixing bugs, but there is also other group people who build game. I don't believe 100% of staff is fixing game.

It wouldn't really be catfishing, and when you think about it it's probably something that would be pretty routine in the world of Cyberpunk.

YOU might not like it, but it fits the lore. Hell changing faceplates is mentioned more than once in the game, and Mr. Studd is already a thing that happens in the game.

People get boob jobs, nose jobs, and ass implants already. Swappable genitals would just be a natural extension of things we have already. Hell they even said it's something that possible in the world of Cyberpunk. Devs made statements about it when they announced that you could put a penis on a female character (which is utterly pointless in the end and was added 110% soley for marketing).
I never said anything about liking or disliking it, I just said it's hardcoded to your gender choice at creation, sure it's part of the lore, you can be a female with a penis by all means or a male with a vagina, but don't expect a lesbian npc you want to romance be too thrilled with it...that's all I said, having the correct bits makes no difference, you have to be the correct gender, that's how the game works...

their attention should only be focused on bugs and stability at this moment in time, anything extra,qol or wish lists will probably be anywhere from 6-12 months away, if you believe the hearsay, multiplayer is like 3 yrs away at best, they've probably already planned out the dlc for the single player game long ago, they need a working game before they add more to it, be patient my friend :) I'm just curious to see how multiplayer will be implemented, I heard it's a standalone game, would it be like an online mmo, or a coop based game...

I'm a QA tester. DLC is usually planned out while the game is still in pre-production. As the game develops more DLC may be added or changed of course.

A lot of projects I've worked on we've started QA testing DLC weeks before the game was released. Game releases, we're already working on DLC #2. DLC #1 comes out, we're working on DLC #3, and so on. It has to be this way. Especially when also releasing on console. It all has to be submitted, which takes time. While and after submission, you can't change that build anymore, which is why day 0 patches exist.

I'm a QA tester. DLC is usually planned out while the game is still in pre-production. As the game develops more DLC may be added or changed of course.

A lot of projects I've worked on we've started QA testing DLC weeks before the game was released. Game releases, we're already working on DLC #2. DLC #1 comes out, we're working on DLC #3, and so on. It has to be this way. Especially when also releasing on console. It all has to be submitted, which takes time. While and after submission, you can't change that build anymore, which is why day 0 patches exist.

cool to know, thanks :)

for the record, the only thing I questioned was the logic used in the original post to change genitals to romance the opposite sex without the OP taking into account the NPC's sexual preference.

That doesnt mean the npc's will have to date him...
So it means that, I as a player am forced to change what i want to play in order to achieve my desired romance/ending ? Honestly the choices we can make in this game only seems to take possibilities away from us.

Top Bottom