Antonio Lucchesi in Phantom Liberty

+
Hey y’all.

I’ve been wondering, Phantom Liberty is a “spy-thriller” type story wherein you work for NUSA. So it’s pretty likely Militech will be as heavily involved as Arasaka is in the main story. And as such, I think it likely that we’ll interact with Antonio Lucchesi in-game.

”But he’s dead!” I hear you say. That may be. But considering we’re basically only told that through a couple of shards, it doesn’t necessarily have to be true. It’s entirely possible that both Lucchesi is being kept on some life-support/suspended animation, and legally declared dead. The reason being, Militech is aware of Arasaka‘s Relic and wants to use it to preserve him. So he can design weapons to his heart’s(?) content. And declaring him dead is a way of obscuring this. Which especially works, since Lucchesi’s date of death is 2077, same year this whole Relic thing took off. Personally, I think there’s a lot of wiggle room for CDPR to do this. I mean, the idea of a company’s co-founder becoming digitally enslaved to it in perpetuity is a very awesome story idea here.

After all, as the man himself said: “To retire, would be to die.”

Last edited:
Hey,
I hope CDPR won't overdo it - armies of soul-killed cyberpunks led by a dying merc with three minds in a body battling in cyberspace while being mind-controlled by aliens...sounds a bit over the edge :D

I like the base game partially because it stays real and only touches these topics from a distance :)

Top Bottom