Any use for consumables?

+
Ok so its not just me. I feel like when playin the witcher or fallout, or Skyrim, those consumables are good for certain situations and enemies. In cp2077, it just feels like theyre just there to be there.

they get a bit more use in the highest difficulty, but let's be honest, the game is tuned to be easy. its not really about the AI. the AI is pretty deadly on the hardest mode, its more that you have infinite heals, and resources. Take any fps, and give a player the ability to heal 70% of health every 4 seconds and it won't be that difficult any more. And even if you do die, you generally lose virtually no progress/resources.

but I think thats fine for the game's audience. Maybe they will have some harder modes eventually, if it doesn't take that much effort to create. A very small % of players engage with added difficulty it seems.

If CDPR dose not do it first this will be EASY to fix with mods. The code is already in the game to give the food effects more variety, the DEV just did not do it yet. I am guessing because the code to show the timer for it on screen is the sticking point. But even with out such a screen icon timer shown other varied effects can be applied to the player by the existing code in the game.

I would like to see quality of life effects rather than combat effects such as drinking a sports Drink improves the driving a little (makes bike/car stats more forgiving).

And as you would have to choose either this food or that food (the food will not combine effects) this would make choosing your breakfast much more interesting and game-tactical.

Seeing a vending machine with your "favorite" food (preferred effect) would be fun in game.

Other food = QOL effects (non-combat)
Any one else have any QOL suggestions?

Veggie Delight = Greater ZOOM View

Real Fruit = Greater Jump

Burrito XXL Rosado = Reduce Fall Damage

EDIT: WATER gets rid of the Johnny Silverhand visual glitch for a long while!!!!

Last edited:
they get a bit more use in the highest difficulty, but let's be honest, the game is tuned to be easy. its not really about the AI. the AI is pretty deadly on the hardest mode, its more that you have infinite heals, and resources. Take any fps, and give a player the ability to heal 70% of health every 4 seconds and it won't be that difficult any more. And even if you do die, you generally lose virtually no progress/resources.

but I think thats fine for the game's audience. Maybe they will have some harder modes eventually, if it doesn't take that much effort to create. A very small % of players engage with added difficulty it seems.
CyberSycho Mode! that's what I'm talking about.

They're nice +5% buffs in boss-fights, but other than that, they're RPG-elements. The alcohol has weight, while the food/drinks does not have weight. So, it won't cost your carry-weight anything to keep food/drink in the inventory. Doesn't matter. But they're one income for eddies in early game, so that's nice.

Top Bottom