Anyone else feels like not playing after reaching daily 3 level limit?

+
Anyone else feels like not playing after reaching daily 3 level limit?

I could play Gwent all day, but after reaching that 3 levels a day limit, progression just stops.

I wish we could at least still level up and gain minor reward like 25 ore or 25 scrap after reaching a new level, but not get any rewards in-between those levels like we do when doing daily levels.

Last edited:
you still get 25 ore when you reach a new level

sure it's a grind, but they can't just give away cards for nothing

you still get 25 ore when you reach a new level

sure it's a grind, but they can't just give away cards for nothing

Sure they can. I've opened somewhere around a dozen different kegs that I obtained via level ups. One keg had a choice of legendary cards during the "pick one, discard the other two" screen. Every other keg? Rare cards for that screen. Most also contained duplicates (seems like at least half of my kegs have had a "Fiend" card in them).

I know a dozen or so kegs isn't much to go off of, but let's look at this realistically: If my rate is even remotely close to the average, then someone would probably have to open hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of kegs to actually obtain a decent collection of epic and legendary cards. Given the amount of time involved, I doubt enough f2p players would make a serious enough effort to do it for it to cost the developers potential revenue.

Getting back on topic... I don't play past my three daily levels. I know I can still get a small amount of stuff when I reach each new level, but the amount of time needed for that just isn't worth the effort to me.

I could play Gwent all day, but after reaching that 3 levels a day limit, progression just stops.

I wish we could at least still level up and gain minor reward like 25 ore or 25 scrap after reaching a new level, but not get any rewards in-between those levels like we do when doing daily levels.

I couldn't agree with this more. Getting nothing except (maybe) the GG bonus game after game after game only makes me not want to play gwent at all. I do not understand this design decision at all unless they think it will generate them more money. IMO it will push away more customers than it keeps.

That's what I said in my post about there needing to be ranked. Gets boring to play now win after win. Anyone can grind to level 20-30 just stomping the level <5s. How is that fun? lel

Sure they can. I've opened somewhere around a dozen different kegs that I obtained via level ups. One keg had a choice of legendary cards during the "pick one, discard the other two" screen. Every other keg? Rare cards for that screen. Most also contained duplicates (seems like at least half of my kegs have had a "Fiend" card in them).

I know a dozen or so kegs isn't much to go off of, but let's look at this realistically: If my rate is even remotely close to the average, then someone would probably have to open hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of kegs to actually obtain a decent collection of epic and legendary cards. Given the amount of time involved, I doubt enough f2p players would make a serious enough effort to do it for it to cost the developers potential revenue.

Sorry to hear that your Kegs sucks. For instance i got a legendary and an epic in my first 5 Kegs, you are most likely really unlucky.
You could take a look at my spreadsheet (link in my signature) As you will see you really are unlucky. Or i'am really luck.

At this point i agree that playing only to perfect your technique is the only thing you can do.

Couldn't aggre more. But the game is still young ! If ranked were here it would be less noticable. and also more enjoyable.

I could swear I didn't get anything.

You did get you reward. It's just a visual bug, or you mistaken.

Remember its closed beta. The full game will have ranked play. You will want to keep playing to increase your rank.

After my 3 levels, I put game in windowed mode and just throw games. I get GG bonus and i help people who struggle with their daily levels. In fact, I am doing it right now.

Level limits have this effect. Square Enix attempted to do this in their reboot of their MMO. The goal of course, is to slow down progression. The downside is that you will cause power players to lose interest.

This IS easily resolved however. A laddering or ELO system for competitive players. Playing to advance your position in the leaderboards, or to work towards some alternate rewards structure based on your final standing, will fill the need of progression for games played. I have not seen a beta road map so I am unclear on what game modes are planned. But given that one mode is called Casual, I have to assume that they are planning on competitive systems with distinct match making and a separate rewards structure. In beta, it's annoying... in full release I suspect you won't feel so limited if it comes with additional modes.

Definitely yes.
The rewards are pretty low, and right now with the hilariously weak starter decks, my only objective is to collect cards for at least one viable meta/strategy.

Yeah, I don't feel like playing after the NEW DAY bonus. This system discourages long hours of play. On a weekend when I have a lot of time to play games, I would like to play but if they stick with this system I'd sooner just drop the game and not play it at all.

Top Bottom