Anyone else struggling to enjoy Gwent?

+
TW3 gwent was fun as minigame, but even as that after while it was really repetitive and boring (get as many gold cards as you can and stuff your deck with spies and decoys). I am really loving this version of gwent and I think CDPR made really good job.

MisterBurkes;n6891880 said:
Not sure I understand your attempt at providing useful feedback. It sounds like you'd prefer to see a lot of overpowered cards?

I found the original TW3 Gwent very bland, so I played the Deluxe Gwent Mod, and this official Gwent is basically the mod on steroids so I'm happy with it so far. More mechanics, more cards, better gameplay.

Really? What gave you that impression?

I'm in the end of blood and wine and after a ton of time without having a gwent match I got one with the small girl and damn, it did look primitive after playing the new gwent. Basically you could easily win against anyone with the spy NR mechanic and also I could defeat anyone if I got cerys with Skellige.

Tracking my mood after a match (together with GG/no GG and other details about the matches).

Positive feeling outweighs the negatives for now.

Strong negative = -2, mild negative = -1, Neutral = 0, mild positive = 1, strong positive = 2.
Current sum = 13.
Tracked over ~50 matches.

That's not a great total sum, so the enjoyment is not the greatest over all. And if a string of annoyances turns into rage, then the rage is fierce.

Last edited:
I know it's off-topic, but can we just take a minute to appreciate the fact that "GwentStefani" is a great pun?

Anyway, please, as you were...

Lenkorn;n6889800 said:
Was REALLY looking forward to it but, it doesn't feel like the Gwent I played in TW3. I appreciate it has to be balanced more etc etc but, I am finding it really boring, wheras in TW3 I still enjoy the game immensely. I don;t feel they captured the essence of TW3 Gwent with err..Gwent.

Am I alone in this?

Not alone in this... feeling the same way after a couple of hours in, to be honest.

I feel like there is still so much to add that the part we are playing right now has too many issues to be much fun. The leveling up system is really bad right now. After two levels I lose most of my desire to play as I am earning hardly anything. Then on top of that I have to deal with people not giving the gg. Scoia needs to be buffed pretty badly which would help a lot. Then some cards really need balancing like Phillippa.

--- Updated 08-11-16, 14:59 ---

DziejopisWawel;n6916600 said:
No, even lead designer and co-creator of gwent left the cdpr as he saw in how wrong direction gwent is coming

:troll:

That is a very big assumption to make. You can only guess as to why he is gone. You have no idea for sure what the problem was, heck it could have had nothing to do with Gwent at all.

I'm not struggling to enjoy it, no. Are there some things I'd like to see cleaned up? Sure. But for the most part I'm having a good time with the game. The only real major stretch of pain I hit was when six opponents in a row forfeited. And we're not talking an "earned" forfeit - these people were forfeiting before cards had even been drawn in most cases, once after the cards were drawn but none played. Only one was due to someone losing their connection - in all other cases the other player still issued a "GG" to me for the game. I find myself struggling to understand why a player would do that, and I absolutely found it unpleasant to keep getting bounced from forfeit to forfeit without actually getting to play. I'd rather lose a few games than go through that.

As far as comparing Gwent:TWCG to Gwent from TW3, I prefer the former. There are some abilities I miss from the TW3 version, but it's hard to deny there's a lot more depth to the standalone Gwent. I think that ultimately it will stand much better on its own than it would have left as it was.

Top Bottom