Anyone else think ammo is too plentiful?

+
yeah it'll always be a debate, as no one owns it as HIS genre. existentialism is much like it in that regard. kiekergaard, nitechze, doestoevsky all are called "fathers" of the philosophy, but none coined it themselves so who really is to say who is more deserving?

never heard the sub-genre argument used before. but it's a compelling one. i've always thought of cyberpunk as a sub-genre of science fiction, much like grimdark as a subcategory of fantasy, and never thought to divide it further.
I think you hit the nail on the head, especially since the line can be blurred (I'm a massive 70's-90's hard scifi nerd) you could honestly put a lot of more cerebral sci-fi books in the cyberpunk genre. There is kind of a spectrum running the gammut from cyber heavy sci-fi like the Harvest of Stars cycle all the way to classic cyberpunk like The Diamond Age. I think the center point of that would be something like the Illium/Olympos series by Dan Simmons would be dead center in that spectrum.

I think you hit the nail on the head, especially since the line can be blurred (I'm a massive 70's-90's hard scifi nerd) you could honestly put a lot of more cerebral sci-fi books in the cyberpunk genre. There is kind of a spectrum running the gammut from cyber heavy sci-fi like the Harvest of Stars cycle all the way to classic cyberpunk like The Diamond Age. I think the center point of that would be something like the Illium/Olympos series by Dan Simmons would be dead center in that spectrum.

<3 dan simmons. i'll never forget my first read of hyperion

Agreed.

Like cyberpunk, the sci-fi genre on it's own is just as fragmented, with various sub-genres branching in different directions. And to go a step further, one could quite convincingly argue that cyberpunk and sci-fi are "sub-genres" unto themselves of an even more expansive parent genre. Which makes sense in the context of crossover. I'll also be looking into those recommended reads. Thanks (y)

Agreed.

Like cyberpunk, the sci-fi genre on it's own is just as fragmented, with various sub-genres branching in different directions. And to go a step further, one could quite convincingly argue that cyberpunk and sci-fi are "sub-genres" unto themselves of an even more expansive parent genre. Which makes sense in the context of crossover. I'll also be looking into those recommended reads. Thanks (y)

A lot of it is 80's popcorn sci-fi but Harvest of Stars is worthy of a tv series like The Expanse, Earth is basically cyberpunk hell administered by a massive AI construct system.

Do I think ammo is too plentiful ?

Euh...
Well, for hand guns indeed it is.

I've got 220k somehow.
Don't even use handguns, I like to smash with Gorilla Arms.

Just discovered this.
Is this a bug or is my game very generous to me ? :)
IMG_20210205_233944[1].jpg

Its a lot more then I have. it seems like a bug or something.

I think it must be.
Its the Iconic gun called "Plan B".
Its Dex's gun.
With all the other handguns the max ammo is 500.
I like the game but the bugs are weird.

I'ts not a survival game. I enjoyed that I didn't had to conserve ammo and HP items. If you feel like you have too many dismantle them.

I don't have a problem with this personally. This game isn't really designed to deal with ammo scarcity in the same way that the 3D fallout games can be and frankly I would find it more of a hindrance to spend half my time scrounging for ammo in this game, though this would be made pretty redundant by the fact that you can easily just craft bullets from thin air in this game so you would have to remove that to have ammo scarcity as a serious mechanic in this game and even still I don't think it would bring much to the game.

Ammo, Health, Guns whatever everything is too much in this game. There was no gameplay designer on this team like with every Open World game, just go and uh collect things, enjoy the characters and story and thats it.

CDPR just gives zero shits about carefully crafting any gameplay encounters. I'm really trying to grasp why they need 5 years to craft this ubisoftesque open world, yes nice world and better written characters then most games but gameplay? Whatever just specc into anything and become broken 1/3 into the game. Just chug those infinite inhalers don't think about any mechanics when fighting a boss or anything just use those 150 inhalers you have in your inventory without even crafting one of those because there is no downside to this.

Just taking a random game i just played through, jedi fallen order. You actually have to use your brain when fighting enemies or bosses on higher difficulties and guess what you can't infinitely heal yourself because it has limited uses! It's just your typical Open World game design nothing special, no room for failure. A boss fight coming up? Here are 20 inhalers and 5000 ammo. You died? Here is your autosave from 10 seconds ago. Open World games are so unbelievably safe and boring.

Too many gang encounters, ammo has no other choice but to be plentiful.

Sometimes less is more, gangs should have less members, and every member of a gang should be a memorable character and treated as a mini boss. For example in the movie Robocop (1987) Clarence Bodicker gang only has five members for the entirety of the movie, but they still gave Robocop a hard time, the movie The Crow (1994) same thing happens, a small gang but memorable and challenging.

The story, characters, lore would be richer, and counting bullets would really mean something.

It's video game based on fighting enemies. There has to be plenty of targets to eliminate. Each drop a weapon and some ammo. V can carry an armory in pockets with 20 machineguns and 10k of bullets...

I think it might be a bit more challenging if ammo were a little more scarce. It would encourage the player to conserve ammo, save up $$$ to buy ammo or explore some more.

Or is it because I'm playing on Normal and higher difficulties make ammunition harder to find?
Everything is plentiful even on very hard, whether that is weapons, armor, ammo, food, health stuff you name it. The issue is that the whole economy in CP is broken.

You can craft ammunition so you will rarely run out except maybe in the very beginning of the game.

I find that early on in the game I find myself almost running out of ammo and not enough raw materials to craft myself enough. I'd have to go hit up some vending machines and buy a bunch of munchies just to craft those to build up enough raw materials just to craft more ammo.

It doesn't take long though to start getting enough together to craft more. Later in the game I think it would have been more challenging to not make it so easy to craft more because you can do it on the fly and not even think twice about it. The Devs should really change this.

If anything I think the opposite. Kind of find it weird that when you kill NPCs they don't ammo drop. They drop weapons etc but never any clip rounds with their drops.

Sometimes in a big fire fight you end up running out of ammo, because all the bodies have dropped zero ammo and you cant craft in the middle of combat.

Just kind of 'unrealistic' that NPCs be shooting at you, then when they die their ammo goes up in smoke.

Top Bottom