Anyone playing Batman Arkham Origins?

+
Anyone playing Batman Arkham Origins?

Is anyone playing this game? I love it, it's better than Arkham city imo. Gives a good depiction of a younger, reckless and more brutal Batman. Voice acting is also impeccable all around, and the combat has been refined with some new animations.. The graphical quality (especially PhysX) and performance on PC with maxed settings is also really awesome. None of the DX11 performance issues that plagued Arkham City upon release.

Only thing so far though, is that there are some nasty bugs and glitches. Hopefully they will get ironed out soon though.

A new patch just got released, not sure what it does yet. But yeah I actually agree that this game is better than AC.
More challenging combat, better boss fights, amazing interior graphics (outer not so much though), amazing voice acting, great character design.

Love it.

Edit: the new patch is hotfix for the tower bug.

I have it and stopped playing because of the bugs and glitches.

Avydia1 said:
the PC version is full of game breaking bugs and glitches
All versions have game breaking bugs. Not just PC this time.

Never really played any batman game, not a huge fan of comics but i heard that the games are quite good, i might check them out some day, some day...

Sirnaq said:
Never really played any batman game, not a huge fan of comics but i heard that the games are quite good, i might check them out some day, some day...
I became a Batman fan after Arkham Asylum. Read dozens of the comics & graphics novels as well after playing the game.

The game was and still is that good.

Sirnaq said:
Pretty much the same here, I only played first Batman for few hours but I didn't like it. I don't see much changes looking at footage online, no reason for me to get it.

LordFuzzyButt said:
Edit: the new patch is hotfix for the tower bug.

Got a source for that? As far as I know, the only patch released so far was for multiplayer which was released a few days ago.. I hope you're right though, as I'm currently stuck on that damn tower because of the bug.

Also, I can't get free flow focus to unlock despite meeting the requirements.

eskiMoe said:
I became a Batman fan after Arkham Asylum. Read dozens of the comics & graphics novels as well after playing the game.

The game was and still is that good.

Same here. Arkham Asylum = Best superhero game.

I am playing pc version of Batman AO(with xbox360 controller), it's good and probably the best looking unreal engine game.

You were right about the patch. I just booted up the game, and the Burnley tower bug was fixed, and my free flow focus was finally unlocked!

I can now go back to enjoying the game :D

So how is it narrative and story wise?

I found Arkham Asylum very solid and engaging plotwise, with good and mostly fresh lines and ideas well conveyed through eloquent narrative. Visually the game was more striking because of its artistic content than the realistic, smooth graphical quality which was obviously notable. I'm a fan of the graphic novel and I think the game did a fine job reinterpreting it as a videogame.

Arkham city was a step forward in gameplay mechanics and combat, as well as technical graphics, but it felt emptier and with much less aesthetic value. The plot was only mildly interesting and poorly executed through the abuse of cliches and forced superficial exploration.

How does Origins compare? I'm sure the action is fun, but the rest? Remember Batman is not a super hero, he is more like an upset noir detective with expensive toys. How good of a *Batman* game is it?

Yeah I've been playing it and I definitely love it more than the previous two combined. Though I should note, I really only play the Arkham games for the gameplay. It doesn't have much to offer when it comes to story. The plot is always so brooding, depressing, serious and dull. And I guess I should say, repetitive.
Once again, the Joker ends up being the ultra badass that all the other badasses look up to. It's pathetic. Some originality please? I mean be creative. The DC universe is full of awesome and colorfull characters, yet they just rehash the same dude with the same moronic twists. I was so excited to see the trailers for City, where it looked like Strange was gonna be the main antagonist. But oh my, was I disappointed...
So yeah. Gameplay is awesomesauce, been playing alot of the challenge mode with Deathstroke. GOOOOD I'm loving that guy. The character design is immaculate! Same move set as Robin from City too, so I was more than familiar with the dudes style. I'll be trying to unlock inJustice Batman as soon as I can.

Story is shit.

Volsung said:
So how is it narrative and story wise?

I found Arkham Asylum very solid and engaging plotwise, with good and mostly fresh lines and ideas well conveyed through eloquent narrative. Visually the game was more striking because of its artistic content than the realistic, smooth graphical quality which was obviously notable. I'm a fan of the graphic novel and I think the game did a fine job reinterpreting it as a videogame.

Arkham city was a step forward in gameplay mechanics and combat, as well as technical graphics, but it felt emptier and with much less aesthetic value. The plot was only mildly interesting and poorly executed through the abuse of cliches and forced superficial exploration.

How does Origins compare? I'm sure the action is fun, but the rest? Remember Batman is not a super hero, he is more like an upset noir detective with expensive toys. How good of a *Batman* game is it?
Haha, you posted mere seconds before me. Honestly, the narrative in Origin is just not good. At all. I wasn't engaged by anything a single time. Well, ok. There was one particular "session" which had a lot of potential. But it felt jarring and out of place because they haven't in any way set up that the game was about, well, *that*. Trying to avoid spoilers here. You'll know it when you play it.

Aside from an interesting idea right there, not once did I give a shit about anything that was happening in the story.

Personally, I'd say, if you want more of the amazing and truly well designed gameplay, pick the game up. Do NOT expect any Red Dead Redemption, Journey or Witcher level of storytelling though...

FoggyFishburne said:
Yeah I've been playing it and I definitely love it more than the previous two combined. Though I should note, I really only play the Arkham games for the gameplay. It doesn't have much to offer when it comes to story. The plot is always so brooding, depressing, serious and dull. And I guess I should say, repetitive.
Once again, the Joker ends up being the ultra badass that all the other badasses look up to. It's pathetic. Some originality please? I mean be creative. The DC universe is full of awesome and colorfull characters, yet they just rehash the same dude with the same moronic twists. I was so excited to see the trailers for City, where it looked like Strange was gonna be the main antagonist. But oh my, was I disappointed...
So yeah. Gameplay is awesomesauce, been playing alot of the challenge mode with Deathstroke. GOOOOD I'm loving that guy. The character design is immaculate! Same move set as Robin from City too, so I was more than familiar with the dudes style. I'll be trying to unlock inJustice Batman as soon as I can.

Story is shit.

Well, story in Origins is probably the best out of all three games.. it's definitely not shit

PrinceofNothing said:
Got a source for that? As far as I know, the only patch released so far was for multiplayer which was released a few days ago.. I hope you're right though, as I'm currently stuck on that damn tower because of the bug.

Also, I can't get free flow focus to unlock despite meeting the requirements.

I used a workaround to that tower bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw

it took me 3-4 tries to get it right but that worked on day one. So if the patches don't solve that try it.

Was actually the only bug I encountered.

Playing it from day one,
gameplay is awesome(as always),story is
better than in previous games(much better
,but reviewers dont like the game...

Alextyc1 said:
Playing it from day one,
gameplay is awesome(as always),story is
better than in previous games(much better
,but reviewers dont like the game...

Im waiting for Angry Joe :)

misho87233 said:
Well, story in Origins is probably the best out of all three games.. it's definitely not shit

That's what I heard and read as well.

Asylum had the weakest story by far imo, it was pretty silly at the end. City had a decent story but its endgame is definitely rushed.

Top Bottom