Are NG bronzes generally underpowered?

+
Oof. It's hot in here.
Not gonna try anything smart, but here is my relevant subjective observation - when I play Assimilate (and tbh that's what I play 90% of the time nowadays), and get matched against another NG player, I feel compelled to keep my Imperial Diplomacies in hand, because unlike in certain other matchups I almost never feel like options I get are bad. For example, people disrespect Rot Tossers, but if you get them off ID, you get two deploy triggers and two assimilate triggers off a single 4p card, plus 5 raw points, plus threatening double removal (let's be honest, you can probably create another cow carcass in a game against NG). So...assuming you have two surviving Assimilate engines or Nausicas, 5+2+2 on deploy, plus potential removal, plus potential Thirsty Dame value if you play against Ball. This situation may sound overly specific, but it happens quite often.

(When I feel super frisky, I play the Operator into Rot Tosser/Blightmaker and it's quite good as well. Instaloss against Siege though.)

I could spend hours describing merits and good uses of most NG bronzes in Assimilate/Nausicaa Sergeant heavy environment (so pretty much any NG game right now, lol). Granted, many of these bronzes would be meh without this clause, but again, Assimilate is a core mechanic for NG at this point, much like Bloodthirst is for SK. Meanwhile, playing Diplomacies against ST or SY always feels scary, so go figure.

Last edited:
Topic outdated. Simple:howdy:
sorry
surly not that simple
the last 2 expansions brought a lot of strong options and revived some old staples like N-sarg. With that ponitslam options (bitterly missed befor) added the controll theme of NG bronce cards are very capable of competing the seefaring masters of the bronce age (sk)

Oof. It's hot in here.
Not gonna try anything smart, but here is my relevant subjective observation - when I play Assimilate (and tbh that's what I play 90% of the time nowadays), and get matched against another NG player, I feel compelled to keep my Imperial Diplomacies in hand, because unlike in certain other matchups I almost never feel like options I get are bad. For example, people disrespect Rot Tossers, but if you get them off ID, you get two deploy triggers and two assimilate triggers off a single 4p card, plus 5 raw points, plus threatening double removal (let's be honest, you can probably create another cow carcass in a game against NG). So...assuming you have two surviving Assimilate engines or Nausicas, 5+2+2 on deploy, plus potential removal, plus potential Thirsty Dame value if you play against Ball. This situation may sound overly specific, but it happens quite often.

(When I feel super frisky, I play the Operator into Rot Tosser/Blightmaker and it's quite good as well. Instaloss against Siege though.)

I could spend hours describing merits and good uses of most NG bronzes in Assimilate/Nausicaa Sergeant heavy environment (so pretty much any NG game right now, lol). Granted, many of these bronzes would be meh without this clause, but again, Assimilate is a core mechanic for NG at this point, much like Bloodthirst is for SK. Meanwhile, playing Diplomacies against ST or SY always feels scary, so go figure.
Playing Assimilate (which is NG) with NG as opponent is of course very strong as you will get cards from your own faction which obviously work incredibly well with your deck most of the time. However, this doesn't show at all how good or bad Nilfgaard's bronzes are, just that hey have synergies with other Nilfgaardian cards, which is the case for every faction.

Top Bottom