Are wet-cloth effects going to be in Witcher 3?

+
Are wet-cloth effects going to be in Witcher 3?

Many RPGs, no matter how gorgeous, always seem to lack wet-clothing effects. Basically, you look dry all the time, even when you're standing in the middle of a thunderstorm, or just got out of a lake.

One game in recent times has done the wet-clothing effect beautifully, and dynamically -- Assasin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Red Dead Redemption and the last two GTAs had it too.

So, does Witcher 3 have this effect? Not a deal breaker, but it does wonders for immersion, IMO.

What's the difference?

I think he means like the detail of the cloth, IE: You wade into knee deep water and just the knee's an dbelow get "Wet" vs a scripted "wet" effect where say you wade into knee high water and your entire body get s wet.

I don't mind either way, as long as the effect looks good.

I think he means like the detail of the cloth, IE: You wade into knee deep water and just the knee's an dbelow get "Wet" vs a scripted "wet" effect where say you wade into knee high water and your entire body get s wet.

I don't mind either way, as long as the effect looks good.

Ah, in that case, I agree.

Right as he's about to fight the drowners.

I think that's just because of Geralt's boots which are shiny. I can't appreciate a wet effect... I believe the boots look like that before even touching the water.
Are you completely sure? I think this element is very important considering the "underwater world"... Please, it must be true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom