Are you satisfied with the US Version of The Witcher

+
Are you satisfied with the US Version of The Witcher

Where I am coming from?I am a big fan of The Witcher to the point when I found out an Enhanced Edition was coming out, I stopped playing the standard edition, sold it and pre-ordered the Enhanced Edition as soon as I got the chance.What is annoying me?After many months of waiting for this day (today - as New Zealand got it later) to finally come - I got my courier package just to find out the box was smaller. But that was not all. I then find out that I have got the US version of the Enhanced Edition (which was not what was advertised when I pre-ordered)So what is so wrong with the US Version? You have the game don't you?Yes, I do have the game and there is no complaints about that. Its the packaging and what was delivered that I am annoyed about.What is wrong with what you got?I got less.When the first photos of the Enhanced Edition was released I said to myself I got to have that. The nice looking box, the printed materials, the map and the individual dvd covers. What did I get? An accountants version of the Enhanced Edition.- no individual dvd covers- 1 less printed book- and worse of all, a pathetic looking box - no where as cool as what was first shown.So you got less,whats your problem?My problem is that I did not need to have paid for this. I could of kept my standard edition and downloaded the patches and various other things.I paid for it because I thought I was getting what was first shown when it become public.I paid for it because I wanted to contribute to these great developers.I paid for it because I wanted too.So why are you starting a whole new topic just because you have a grudge?I want to know that I am not the only one that feels ripped off.Sure its different for some of you that got it off the shelves - but as I said, I am a big fan and I couldn't wait like many of you.Why dont you just take it back if you have such a problem?I have.Okay, I am annoyed like you - so what?I want to know how annoyed so maybe, just maybe the accountants at Atari will take notice.

I don't really care what the box looks like, and for myself, I'm happy with the game the way it is. But I think that having the game guide in booklet form and the game manual in PDF -- with no notice of that anywhere -- is bound to mess up new players, and I agree that Atari should be taken to task for screwing up.

Sorry man, but it sounds like your complaint is with the retailer, not the game developers. If they misrepresented the product, you should return it for a refund and buy it again somewhere else.

Treasa

Forum veteran
I got what I expected to get, so no problems, there.Yes, I'm still having problems registering the game, but I am POSITIVE the fault is partly mine. Just have to figure out which part. ;)The game itself runs fine and I'm enjoying it.The download of the blood revival didn't work, but I can re-download that and try again.*Developers, don't hit me* I haven't looked at/listened to the other content, yet. :angel:So, I'd say I'm satisfied.

Why did you get the US version? I live in Australia and I picked up the UK version today from ebgames. That really sucks. Did you buy it from an online store with a physical outlet nearby? I find it peculiar that you'd get a different version than us Aussies.

Treasa said:
I got what I expected to get, so no problems, there.So, I'd say I'm satisfied.
The difference is did not get what I expected. So problems here. I am happy that your are satisfied with what you got. :)
Treasa said:
Why did you get the US version? I live in Australia and I picked up the UK version today from ebgames. That really sucks. Did you buy it from an online store with a physical outlet nearby?
It was delivered to me by the online store who failed to let me know until after delivery that it was the US version. And it does suck so thank you. :)
Treasa said:
I don't really care what the box looks like
Im glad that you don't care, but I do. Thanks for your comment though :)
Treasa said:
Sorry man, but it sounds like your complaint is with the retailer
Correct - that is what I thought I had said :-\
Treasa said:
If they misrepresented the product, you should return it for a refund and buy it again somewhere else.
I have returned it.And I will buy it from somewhere else :)

As Corylea said, its really Atari's decision on what to include. As far as I know, they only read their emails and possibly their own fora, but ignore dev fora like this one.There is a Witcher section on their ataricommunity forum though where you might get heard.

I completely agree with you – I also would be mad after receiving different product from what I have ordered. But remember you have full rights as a customer to receive exact product you’ve ordered! Just write to the shop from which you have bought The Witcher.One more thing – unfortunately if you have ordered game in US version you should know that Atari decided to publish the game in the form you have receive it… so if you have ordered an US version – it’s a pity it’s smaller than most of the- for Example European ones but you can’t do anything about it… :peace:

vanworden said:
It’s a pity it’s smaller than most of the- for Example European ones but you can’t do anything about it… :peace:
And more importantly (for the purposes of this forum, at least), neither can you guys at CD Projekt Red -- this is an Atari problem.

STGhost said:
As Corylea said, its really Atari's decision on what to include. As far as I know, they only read their emails and possibly their own fora, but ignore dev fora like this one.There is a Witcher section on their ataricommunity forum though where you might get heard.
Totally off topic: I could kiss you for using the correct plural of forum. :-* I thought I was the only person left who even knew what the plural was.

This is one of the few reaasons that I did not buy TWEE in the US, where I live. I purchased it from a seller in England. I is worth the extra 10 to have the complete game in all respects.

STGhost said:
There is a Witcher section on their ataricommunity forum though where you might get heard.
I thought this was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, forums regarding The Witcher. :-\
STGhost said:
But remember you have full rights as a customer to receive exact product you’ve ordered!
Correct. In New Zealand we have the Fair Trading Act - which I have used and they have allowed for a return with a possible replacement with the UK version :D
STGhost said:
One more thing – unfortunately if you have ordered game in US version
Completely understand but in my case I didn't.
STGhost said:
Totally off topic: I could kiss you for using the correct plural of forum.
Not only do I vent my frustration in this topic, I learn something too - bonus :)
STGhost said:
...I purchased it from a seller in England. I is worth the extra 10 to have the complete game in all respects.
Someone that agrees :)

God help us all if Atari sinks its claws too deep into The Witcher. Look what's happened to the Neverwinter Nights franchise. It's rapidly going down the toilet.

Was it even really Atari's fault though? Since I thought it was some US retailer that asked them to cut down the package size. That being said I am sure Atari could have fought harder to preserve the product the way it was. They probably could have kept it uncensored even since the content is not that bad.

Tierce said:
Tierce said:
Totally off topic: I could kiss you for using the correct plural of forum. :-* I thought I was the only person left who even knew what the plural was.
[OT] Tierce: Why thank you, I suppose it pays out to have dabbled in Latin a bit ;D

Log onto the Neverwinter Nights forum, and read a few dozen posts about various topics (mostly the 18 month delay in releasing a game module called Mysteries of Westgate). If one post in ten praises Atari I would be very surprised.

Well, I admit that I am perfectly satiesfied with my USA version of The Witcher Enhanced Edition (TWEE sounds too cute ;) ).I have no problems with the "less nudity" and other stuff.I got me manual and when I need help or am not sure how to do something, I can just ask the lovely people in this forum :beer:

To update I now have both the UK and US version.The US version of the packaging has better embossing. The UK version of the packaging is nicely individualized - in terms of separate DVD/CD covers for stuff.So I suppose there are options for those that do have the choice. For those that like compact packaging - then the US version is for you. For those that want a "collectors" type box, then the UK version is for you.

wharekura said:
To update I now have both the UK and US version.The US version of the packaging has better embossing. The UK version of the packaging is nicely individualized - in terms of separate DVD/CD covers for stuff.So I suppose there are options for those that do have the choice. For those that like compact packaging - then the US version is for you. For those that want a "collectors" type box, then the UK version is for you.
Hey mate,I too come from NZ and got screwed over with the last minute, unnotified change to the Version. Just out fo interest, where did you get yours form?Thanks,Matthew

matthewmw64 said:
I too come from NZ and got screwed over with the last minute, unnotified change to the Version. Just out fo interest, where did you get yours form?
Hurray - I am actually not the only one!I dont really want to name names (as I am currently in discussions with them regarding a refund) but what I can say is the company recently got changed over in the last week. The online NZ company I dealt with has the "Ask ask and we'll beat it' price scheme.When I got it I immediately said I did not want the US version and demanded a refund as the packaging was too different from what was advertised. The next day I went to the local store (JB HiFi) and got it for $5 more but was worth it in the end. Don't go to DSE - they are selling it for $105 NZD a clear ripoff.What I get annoyed with is how some retailers think us gamers are stupid and think they can flick off a product for the same price, but for less packaging, and think we will say "hey, they sent me less for the same money but I am happy about that".

Top Bottom