Are you "still" playing Fallout 4?

+

Are you "still" playing Fallout 4?

• Never heard of it.

• I have seen it. I may play (try) it someday.

• Played it but have not touched it in years.

• Still play it once in a while.

• Oh yes! Every few weeks or so. It holds up even to todays games.

• HELL YES! More than a few hours a week! I love the game IP!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fallout 4 has gotten many new large mods this month. Some are saying the game is as strong now as ever. Meaning people are still playing, it is still getting new players, and has a very active mod making community. This made me wonder if there was other players here like me still playing this game regularly while waiting for the DLC and or next patch of CP2077. Anyone know what single player game over 10 years old has the most players still playing it?

er... could it be Doom?

Last edited:

"ARE YOU "STILL" PLAYING FALLOUT 4?"

Heard of it, but never played it, and never will. Don't like first person games at all, and avoid them like the plague.

Edit: Thanks everyone. Got the message. Fallout 4 can be played both in 1st and 3rd person. When I saw this thread, looked online for some Fallout 4 gameplay as I, although heard the name before, never actually saw it. Saw a vid where the game was played in 1st person, so incorrectly assumed it was a 1st person only game.

And just so you're wondering what the hell I'm playing a 1st person only game for when I mentioned that I'm avoiding them like the plague? Well, I anticipated upfront that Cyberpunk would receive a TPP mod soon enough, and was very pleasantly surprised to see I was right. That's why I bought it exclusively for the PC.

Enjoy your game.

Last edited:
I've started playing it once, may try it again some day, because the first hours were pretty fun.
I remember vitriolic hatred this game was getting from Obsidian's Witnesses, which always seemed really goofy to me - truly, the Fallout fanbase is among the most obnoxious.

Heard of it, but have no intention of ever playing it. Post-apocalyptic, guns, a way overused story premise... no thank you.

I try, with mods (the few "good" ones available on Xbox) between Cyberpunk playthroughs to see if the Serie X could make me replay (and enjoy) it again.
But unfortunately, I couldn't play more than few hours (I just reach Diamond City that's all...), I lost all interest :(
(but played about 500 hours since release)

Havent played in some time but since its a mod game on PC i play it every now and then. Kinda like skyrim. bethesta kinda hit the jackpot with there modding communitys. Shame more companys dont follow that road.

Heard of it, but never played it, and never will. Don't like first person games at all, and avoid them like the plague.

So you do not like/play CP2077. o_O
You are on theses forums just for the Witcher/Gwent game then? Or does CDPR make other games I do not know about as I have lived under the Bethesda rock for over a decade.

I came here for the CP2077 discussions. I stay because I still believe CP2077 and CDPR will be a comfortable shelter after the fallout76 "MERDE" storm I ran from.

Just so you know, Fallout 4 is not a first person game. It CAN be, however it is arguably made as a third person (more practical for melee combat) and a player camera view that can zoom in and out from way in 1st to way out 3rd (even top down if you angle it right). It is part of Bethesda's design philosophy about trying to be all things to all players "do what you want - go where you want - play how you want".

Last edited:

Played it but have not touched it in years. Spend some time with nexus mods, but Skyrim and Witcher 3​

is more replayable.:beer:

Also i moved to Gwent from Tes Legends and so far not disappointed, maybe quite a bit. :coolstory:

I played it with mods,mi adventure just never stops...sometimes i go there just to walk around and have some adventures...despite all things the game can be very fun for roleplay purposes.

I know you play CP2077 with the TPP mod installed but that is just such a weird thing to say considering the base Fallout 4 experience is not limited to first person contrarily to CP2077. It, in fact, like @SpookyFX said, plays far better in third person if you want to melee (ranged combat is decent in TPP) and just fine if you want to go first person.

As for the OP - Yes, just like Skyrim, I fire it up every now and again.

I got my proven-to-work-well-together mods setup on an external drive. Whenever I re-install either Skyrim or FO4 I just throw my mods in, add a few new ones, unavoidably troubleshoot the hell out of it all and then I spend a few weeks playing what is essentially a new experience every single time. Neither Skyrim or FO4 has the narrative depth of games like CP2077 but they offer more replayability than anything out there, especially so with mods.

So, since I'll definitely end up re-installing FO4 sometime this year, what are these large new mods you are speaking of? I don't really keep up with them these days and every time I re-install I end up spending a lot of time figuring out what's worth checking out. It would definitely save me a lot of trouble.

R001c

Forum regular
I think it gets a spill of players from 76, who are fed up of paying a sub for a stash box, every now and again.

I think I last played F4 the year before last when I got given the DLCs for free, I stopped playing during the last one (Nuka World) which hit my immersion so hard I couldn't continue.

Finished it once but... it was painful. I wish all the factions never existed as they felt like caricature of themself. Player were handled everything, especially power armour which was on every corner....
I like few mechanics though, like weapon crafting, the graphic wasn't bad and some areas were pretty atmospheric (as was waling in Power Armour).

I love Fallouts 1 n 2 so I guess I'm just another fanatic for some, as already suggested here but I swear, I do not have anything against Bethesda doing Fallout (except I wish original series continued too) and I did enjoyed some Elder Scrolls.

Good to see that some games are that mod friendly and so many players are enjoying that even after years though.

P.S. I do still play old Fallouts, 1st ATM.

I like few mechanics though, like weapon crafting,

They had the best of any game I have ever played. Spoiled it for me with other games. Maybe unfair, but after Fallout 4 weapon crafting I am annoyed by them in other games. I am playing some Metro Exodus and the weapon upgrades and attachment is like close but no cigar.

Other that come to mind are CP2077 and Outer Worlds that are just disappointing.

I think the biggest thing for me with this was the visuals Fallout 4 used, I really felt like I understood what was going on crafting the weapons. It was more clear and real to me. By "real" I mean immersive not that it was like real life. And of course no one can do "junk" and components the way Bethesda's Engine can. It is the reason they stick with it and keep it on life support.
Post automatically merged:

So, since I'll definitely end up re-installing FO4 sometime this year, what are these large new mods you are speaking of? I don't really keep up with them these days and every time I re-install I end up spending a lot of time figuring out what's worth checking out. It would definitely save me a lot of trouble.

This is interesting:

I just got this one as well (feral ghouls):
But I am editing it now to remove the spitters. Or at least make the spit range more believable.
Post automatically merged:

"Never heard of it."

OK, yes I know I was the one to make the Poll, but seriously, some gamers have never heard of Fallout 4?

I only included that because of the %1 percent rule, but I did not really think more than one person would pick it. I am probably too biased to the kinds of games I play. I mean I bet someone could throw out the name of the world famous "tower defense" or "RTS" game and I guess I would have to say I never heard of it.

But the games this forum is based on are open world, so how?
Or maybe it is because the game is (like me) so old, there may be "not old" gamers here that would have not had accesses to such games many years ago?

Last edited:
I love Fallouts 1 n 2 so I guess I'm just another fanatic for some, as already suggested here but I swear, I do not have anything against Bethesda doing Fallout (except I wish original series continued too) and I did enjoyed some Elder Scrolls.
Well, there is a posibility of a New Vegas 2 now. But actually Microsoft could go crazy and go back to classic series-I doubt-, imagine in their new game conference starting with that:

1644003445651.png

Top Bottom