Arena poll

+

What do you think about the upcoming game mode changes.

• This, that and the other - lets keep the arena mode and get the draft.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • At least let us play the arena untill the draft mode is up and running.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Good call CDPR - arena is getting old and boring and we don't wanna divide playerbase so its cool

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • What's arena mode?? - Play only ranked and don't care about anything else.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I have my own, different opinion that i want to express bellow on a couple of pages

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Following the "Arena Evolving" news and reading some of the reactions to it I decided to make a poll to see how are players feeling about this change. Cast your votes and elaborate if you feel the need.

I voted for keeping the current Arena until the new version is available, but I do think the overhaul is a good thing for Gwent. Arena is currently a hot mess. Too many leader abilities and card effects are Faction-specific, and the variation between the number of Gold cards drafted along with the total number of Provisions in your deck can be pretty extreme. I've drafted decks with only half a dozen Gold cards that were 150 Provisions at best, and at the same time, I've seen decks with 16+ Golds that were easily well over 200 Provisions. This level of imbalance completely breaks the mode.

Never been a big fan of Arena (even reroll any Arena daily quests I get), and I also don't really care that it'll be closed (long?) before the new mode is ready.

Like I said in the News thread I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with, but other than that I'm pretty much indifferent.

I think I finished between 5 and 7 arena runs (would have to sign in and check contract to confirm.) I have almost no skin in this game, yet I want to make a couple quick points.

1. The arena rewards as well as the contract rewards for arena were never sufficient to support it. Regardless of how the next mode plays it needs to be eligible for daily contract progress, daily crowns/journey crowns, and have contracts that pay at least as well as standard mode contracts.

2. Luck was too much of a factor. The number of Legendary and epics needs to be set within a range. It should never be the case that an opponent has more than 3 extra gold cards and more than 2 extra legendary cards.

3. The biggest danger with any mode is that it becomes too popular. Seasonal and Arena were never meant to take away from ranked. They were meant to offer a diversion for people who wanted to spice things up and play lower risk Gwent. That said, if they hamstring draft mode in order to keep from getting to competitive with ranked, they will pay a price. The player base who loved arena will be looking for an excuse to leave, and a new mode that takes months that makes the same mistakes and doesn’t address their primary concerns is a lose lose for CDPR and Gwent.

arena can die a slow and painful death, I just managed to draft a deck with 6 golds with a total value of 54 provisions. thanks for wasting my ore cdpr

Top Bottom