Asking nicely for an updated Tutorial on extracting Textures and Models

+
Asking nicely for an updated Tutorial on extracting Textures and Models

With all the Tools I am not able to extract the necessary textures. Can somebody provide a sure tactic on how to get Models and Texures out of the GOG GOTY Version so I am able to Export the Models with the Model Converter? Please ? I followed the tutorials, downloaded the Tools, did everything....Still....no results unfortunately. :-/ Can't somebody help me?

You can just use the official ModKit and follow its instructions and uncook the game via .bat file or command line (tedious and prone to error) or just use the W3OVEN instead of the command line which is a more refine GUI and than the ModKitchen.

You don't need the Model Converter unless you're an advanced user and know where and what you're looking for.

use for example:

Code:
cd /d C:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64\
call wcc_lite uncook -indir=C:\Program" "Files" "(x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\The" "Witcher" "3" "Wild" "Hunt" "GOTY\content -outdir=C:\Uncooked -imgfmt=tga -skiperrors

And right there is my Problem.....I tried that of Course. But after uncooking and unbundling there are no textures and I don't get the Reason why.
Used W3oven, ModKitchen, QuickBMS, I can open the Models with the Model Converter but without any textures since unpacking doesn't work. Got any Idea?

Not imported UVW. For Microsoft Visual Studio program. You open it fbx file and save it under a different name, then import.

cemkey;n7769000 said:
Not imported UVW. For Microsoft Visual Studio program. You open it fbx file and save it under a different name, then import.

Could you explain? What's UVW? And what fbx Files? Sorry...I really AM that noobish.

Thanks for trying. My Issue shouldn't pose much of a challenge for the experts around here though. Put simply, while uncooking the .xbm files or texture.cache files are not converted without so much as an error message. Is there any way to get the textures out of the xbm files or texture.cache without using lua? Or is there anyone who could provide me with uncooked / unbundled weapon-item files since they are the ones I am trying to get?

FI-NAL-LY!!!!!!! Circumvented the Issue by using an older Version of the Lua Libs. Damnit am I one happy son of a gun. And thanks to those who tried to help :)

your Uncooked folder empty for unpack
run wcc in administrator, clic right propriety compatibility run in administrator

That wouldn't work as well....guess I am missing some runtime somehow. But since I succeeded mostly with LUA consider this Topic closed. Thanks :)

Top Bottom