Assassin's Creed Unity

+
I have a smartphone tho i only use it for necessary calls and listening to music and i certainly wont use it to unlock a fucking chest in a video game -.-
Ubisoft stop with this now View attachment 7550

Attachments

• hand.gif
    hand.gif
    195 bytes · Views: 95
I have a smartphone tho i only use it for necessary calls and listening to music and i certainly wont use it to unlock a fucking chest in a video game -.-
But when you unlock it you can share the treasure you find with your friends from various social networks-almost immediately :sick:
And they will not stop I'm afraid :angry:

I just don't even get the phone app bullshit coming together with video games now. Watchdogs sort of made sense, but anything else makes no sense.

It's like you're Aiden Pearce playing Unity and you have to use your super duper phone to unlock the chests.

The way Ubisoft is doing the phone app stuff is just wrong. I'm fine with optional little apps that really don't do much. Metal Gear Solid V has a phone app. You can view the in-game map with it while you play (I found myself using this now and then. I could see stuff I marked without pausing the game), play a little motherbase building game, or listen to the audio tapes you picked up even when you aren't playing. That's all fine. It doesn't lock you out of anything and has a little neat game for playing now and then. Locking chests though? That's just not right. You paid $60+ for a game, but now you need to buy a phone to get all the content in it?

Agreed, apps that don't push exclusive shit are fine in my book so long as it's truly extra.

Played a good bit today though, can't say I'm completely enthralled by the story but it's simply okay. Less framerate issues for the most part in sequence 5-9. Did hit a glitch where I could notppull up map or menu(PS4).

Hmm. I've just heard a whisper that AC:U performs *much* better when run completely off-line. Not sure whether this has legs, but it may be yet-another-ubisoft-self-inflicted-DRM-wound.

PC frame rates "doubled", Console +5ish were what I heard. Might be worth an explore to see.

Hmm. I've just heard a whisper that AC:U performs *much* better when run completely off-line. Not sure whether this has legs, but it may be yet-another-ubisoft-self-inflicted-DRM-wound.

PC frame rates "doubled", Console +5ish were what I heard. Might be worth an explore to see.
It's true, a friend of mine plays it on PS4 and he said the game is better if played off-line. Probably there's something wrong with Uplay.

It's true, a friend of mine plays it on PS4 and he said the game is better if played off-line. Probably there's something wrong with Uplay.
Ubisoft fixed most of the issues with Uplay on PS4 yesterday IIRC.

@LordCrash I was qouting YOUR benchmarks pal so I only have the information as far as what you provided. If your going to call me out for commenting on "matters I don't know about" because "I haven't played it" then I would like to remind you that you did the exact same thing in the mgs thread regarding that franchise and its quality of story and gameplay. Hello pot meet kettle.
So you didn't do at least a basic research on the topic yourself? Bravo, mate. You know, there is link broadly written on the benchmarks screens which lead to a site on which you can find the whole article with a lot more in depth information on the topic. If you want to talk about a topic and justify and strong opinion on an issue I would at least expect that you gather some substantical information about it yourself. Or it makes no sense to take your opinion and comment any serious at all, sry.

About MGS: talking about story and game design is something completely dfferent than talking about bugs and technical execution. Story and game design are solid things which are exactly the same for everyone. Two reviewers will experience the same basic narrative, the same cutscenes and the same basic gameplay. So yes, you can talk about that on a general level even without having played it yourself by just reading a lot of first-hand experiences and reviews. And then story and game design is still something which involves a lot of personal opinion. I can raise my opinion on these topics without having played it by comparing it to similar games and similar narratives.
With bugs and glitches and stuff, it's totally different because some people will experience them and some not. The ones who experience them will most likely explain while the other stay silent. So argueing with something like "unoptimized garbage" or something along these lines makes little sense because that's just an assumption without any proof. The only proof you have is that SOME people have bugs and glitches. But you don't have solid information how many people have serious bugs. Is it a badly optimized game if 1 out of 10 customers has serious problems? Or 1 out of 5? Or maybe 1 out of 20? You don't know this ratio nor do you know the same from other games so every comparison is kind of pointless, especially the strong, insulting ones which result in stuff like "garbage", "crap" or even "fuck, Ubisoft". That's nothing else than simple, plain, brainless bashing imo.

Last edited:
Some input from ex-Ubisoft employee

http://asidcast.com/index.php/2014/11/ex-ubisoft-employee-talks-experience/

EDIT:

I was in a meeting personally with Yves Guillemot, who said that he doesn’t care about PC gamers because, and i quote “90% are pirates anyway”, that’s after a direct question from a well-respected, well paid programmer back in the late 2000s asking “why are our pc ports fucking shit?”, so we outsourced it all to Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
Some screenshots from AC:Unity NeoGAF thread. Gameplay wise this may be bad, but from the artistic pov it's a bloody masterpiece.

Some screenshots from AC:Unity NeoGAF thread. Gameplay wise this may be bad, but from the artistic pov it's a bloody masterpiece.
Gameplaywise it's pretty much the same as every other AC game with slightly tuned and modified controls and combat. But the basic formula is very much the same. So if you liked the previous games you'll probably like this one as well. The opposite is probably true if you disliked the previous games.

I personally don't think that gameplay is bad.

You mean some statements from an anonymous person on the internet who uses known statements from the Ubisoft CEO from some years ago?! Yeah, sure, whatever...

Last edited:
The lighting is unbelievable. I will be getting a free Ubisoft game with my GTX 970 and I think I will go with Unity, just to test my PC.

Whoah! Such passion!

I kind of look forward to playing AC:The Latest Endeavour. I've more or less enjoyed the ones I've played, and have Black Flag on it's way.

Should be fun on my new hardware.

Now, that said, passion is never a reason for using words like fanboy or fratbrother or aaaaaany of the other "high-trigger" words. Not only do they obscure communication, but they are, you know, kinda verboten around here.

The point of these boards is not -only- communication, but also pleasant, relatively courteous communication. Truth, perceived or otherwise does not supercede those boundaries.

It doesn't.

I love me some Cyberpunk. If I could, I would, I dunno, set fire to anyone who fails to appreciate it as I do. Or fire them into space, where they could find a wormhole and do some HORRIBLY BADLY WRITTEN adventures of relative dumbness.

But because I like Cyberpunk or when someone makes what I perceived as an error about this Truth of mine, does not give me license to snap at them, call them names, put them down or insult them. It doesn't.

If you insist on doing this again and again, your need for Truth has obviously overcome your desire for courteous and friendly communication. When that happens, moderators step in and fix the issue. And, if necessary, your ability to communicate here.

I, personally, am not fair. I'm not really nice. I try to be polite. Mostly. If I think you are more trouble than you are worth in an arena I have control over, you are gone. Temporarily for sure, possibly for good.

So what is the point of communicating here if what you communicate costs you the ability to do so? And it will.

Those screenies are amazing but when I look up gameplay nothing I can find looks that good. I think it's time to kill the franchise, unless they plan to take it in a new direction. Ubisoft is disappointing fans with each iteration of Asscreed while FarCry seems to be doing much better.

Top Bottom