ATTENTION - The TPP FPP THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW. OTHERS WILL BE DELETED

+
Is it possible to organize a poll somewhere? Because even though the threads may be very populated, it's difficult to see how many are in favor of and how many are against.

But perhaps a poll shouldn't be done on this site in order to reach a larger percentage of the potential playerbase (for example, I only registered to post about it since I am very concerned, but I wonder how many people do that).

Is it possible to organize a poll somewhere? Because even though the threads may be very populated, it's difficult to see how many are in favor of and how many are against.

But perhaps a poll shouldn't be done on this site in order to reach a larger percentage of the potential playerbase (for example, I only registered to post about it since I am very concerned, but I wonder how many people do that).

We could do just a poll with no replies, but that only illustrates that people who post are concerned about it. The FPP and I-don't-care crowd aren't going to bother, because they are either getting what they want or don't care.

So the poll is immediately skewed.

We could do just a poll with no replies, but that only illustrates that people who post are concerned about it. The FPP and I-don't-care crowd aren't going to bother, because they are either getting what they want or don't care.

Hmm.. what about organizing a poll in the newsletter for those subscribed for updates?
22.gif
That way it reaches the attention of all who are invested enough to subscribe for information, without relying on the.. "reactionary" ..facet of people who join message boards just to shout at each other on the internet.

It would also technically primarily target those who are already subscribed, meaning you couldn't just sign up for the newsletter just to get at the poll after it was posted - thus weeding out anyone who was trying to inflate numbers one way or the other, or attempts to mob the poll.

I dunno, that's about the best I can think of.

Hmm.. what about organizing a poll in the newsletter for those subscribed for updates? View attachment 10971788 That way it reaches the attention of all who are invested enough to subscribe for information, without relying on the.. "reactionary" ..facet of people who join message boards just to shout at each other on the internet.

It would also technically primarily target those who are already subscribed, meaning you couldn't just sign up for the newsletter just to get at the poll after it was posted - thus weeding out anyone who was trying to inflate numbers one way or the other, or attempts to mob the poll.

That's fairly out of the box, I can kick it Upstairs.

See, here's the thing, though - CDPR knows this was gonna be a kicker. Yes, yes they did. It was not a small decision to make.

So they are aware that a lot of people want TPP and decided otherwise. Us closing threads and threatening everyone with forum death if they keep it up was predicted by the mods - especially those of us who've been here awhile. Everything Is Expected. Sadly. I wish people were kinder and more reasonable but this is the internet. Thus, thread locks.

What -I'm- not sure about is whether CDPR understands how many people have motion sickness issues - nor would they tell me, as I am a lowly worm - but I hope to make that clearer. A

And that's acknowledging that many people without motion sickness will claim to have it because, again, the internet. And that some who have it will demand a solution that is unfeasible. Sigh. So many issues here.

So all we can do, as forum users and moderators, is be calm and peacefully bring the issue to CDPR attention.

But yes, they absolutely know that many, many people wanted TPP. No question. For them, though, they have done well and become loved because Story Is King. And that was the final decider.

Hey, I can't do what they do, so I can't speak to the accuracy of that call. It's way above my skilset - and pretty much everyone else who isn't CDPR senior design.

Hmm.. what about organizing a poll in the newsletter for those subscribed for updates? View attachment 10971788 That way it reaches the attention of all who are invested enough to subscribe for information, without relying on the.. "reactionary" ..facet of people who join message boards just to shout at each other on the internet.

Unfortunately I think any voluntary-response survey will encounter the same issue of bias we saw in the TPP/FPP thread poll. Although they are in the minority, those that feel passionately about the issue will disproportionately take the time to respond, where as the FPP/Don't care crowd will just skim the e-mail and then go back to chain-watching the trailer.

To avoid this, a domain could be made for the only purpose of hosting such a poll, for a fixed period of time, and then promoted on social networks such as facebook, twitter and such. Also, the link could be sent to gaming journalists to make them promote that poll, as well.

This way, we could be reasonably certain that the poll would reach the largest possible amount of people, and that it won't be skewed. Also, numbers on that poll would actually matter, because i am incline to think that it would count thousands of voters.

My 2 cents, anyway

A question about this subject. Unfortunately the motion sickness tips thread was closed again after the discussion flowed over into that thread. Will it be opened again when tempers cool a bit? I found it helpful in tips and potential games to 'train' myself in dealing with FP.

Surely, the devs know why people are so fervent about the view, right? Workarounds exist, but if your inner-ear can't adapt, you're just delaying the nausea, not eliminating it. If they double down on FPP, I'll have no choice but to skip CP and wait for someone to stitch together gameplay and cutscenes on YouTube so that I can "experience" the story...It's a big bummer though, since I've been on the hype train since day 1...

I wonder if getting LASIK can help with the motion sickness...

Surely, the devs know why people are so fervent about the view, right? Workarounds exist, but if your inner-ear can't adapt, you're just delaying the nausea, not eliminating it. If they double down on FPP, I'll have no choice but to skip CP and wait for someone to stitch together gameplay and cutscenes on YouTube so that I can "experience" the story...It's a big bummer though, since I've been on the hype train since day 1...

I wonder if getting LASIK can help with the motion sickness...

I think experimenting with permanent laser surgery is a bit extreme...

I think experimenting with permanent laser surgery is a bit extreme...

Meh.

A) it's very cyberpunk

b) I got my eyes lasered. Solid plan, really recommend it to the short sighted. Of course, check with a professional, blah blah, but yeah, it rocks.

c)You'll need an expert to do this for you - it won't be an experiment. They would tell you either it'll work or not.

d) Kinda doubt this would work. Is there even anything supporting it working for anyone ever?

The FPP and I-don't-care crowd aren't going to bother, because they are either getting what they want or don't care.

Are you sure?

I mean, the big closed thread had quite a few of the FPP crowd being hugely vocal about their ideas. And you could also just as easily argue the other way.
This is a forum for an unreleased game, so the people posting are probably mostly huge CPR fans, so are more likely to agree with what ever the devs decide. And taking the devs into protection against TPP complaints did actually happen a lot.

I don't think it's obvious which side of this argument, and that is posting on the forums, is a relatively larger portion of the potential buyers. Of course no poll is going to be a perfect representation of everyone that would potentially buy cyberpunk 2077, but invalidating the results by assuming the TPP crowd is over-represented is not really fair imo.

Any poll that doesn't feature mandatory response from a sufficiently large and varied user base will always be dominated by those that are A) passionate about the issue and B) stand to gain something from a particular result.

The original thread, whilst it did have those reactively voicing their support of FPP, was primarily filled with those that were upset about the announcement and were looking for a way to voice their disappointment.

To be frank, by far the largest demographic in this debate are those that couldn't care less and were too busy rewatching the trailer for the 50th time to bother visiting or voting in that thread.

In my opinion there is no further ground to cover in this debate, or indeed the meta debate of whether or not the debate is valid in the first place! The decision to use FPP was not taken lightly by CDPR., and they have been very clear about their justifications.

Personally I feel that efforts moving forward should be focused on suggesting and discussing as many options as possible to help those that experience motion sickness enjoy the game in relative ease.

Personally I feel that efforts moving forward should be focused on suggesting and discussing as many options as possible to help those that experience motion sickness enjoy the game in relative ease.

..we could always just roleplay that our characters were born with a debilitating brain tumor that causes nausea and violent migraines that make us feel like we're having an out-of-body experience? That would account for the feeling of disconnect with the character of V and lack of immersion, at least.
19.gif

This FPP vs TPP thing isn't a debate, it's about people voicing their opinion. And as long as it stays somewhat polite and within certain rules, voicing an opinion should not be restricted.

This FPP vs TPP thing isn't a debate, it's about people voicing their opinion. And as long as it stays somewhat polite and within certain rules, voicing an opinion should not be restricted.
I mean.. discussing a difference of opinion is a debate.. there's just a difference between polite debate and aggressive debate. But it's still a debate.

I mean.. discussing a difference of opinion is a debate.. there's just a difference between polite debate and aggressive debate. But it's still a debate.

... and now we're debating about whether or not we're debating.

Can we please, please just let this beast die?

Top Bottom