audio pop/ stuttering issue.

+
Besides, this bug didn't exist until the last patch.

True. And there's a similar type of issue with the lighting on Xbox. Just because a problem manifests after a specific patch, that does not automatically mean that it directly caused the issue: correlation is not causation. It's not that simple -- especially not when dealing with huge amounts of code.

Numerous people with different tvs, monitors, different sound setups have reported the problem. As for me, I have the same issue on two different monitors, and on two different sets of headphones. I have also reinstalled the game twice, created a new save, even changed my hdd...

I find it a bit hard to say that the issue doesn't lie on the code and that its source couldn't be identified. It just seems the devs don't care to look into it, but I could be wrong this last part. The fact that there is no response to support tickets suggests otherwise tough.

And again, what about the vast majority of people that do not have the issue? What about the hundreds upon thousands of PS4 / TV / speaker combinations that do not experience the audio popping? Not with this version nor prior versions.

What's different? What, exactly, changed? Why is it affecting this system...but not this one or this one? What's the answer?

This is where, unfortunately, the answer is: "Don't know." I may try a hundred tests, then a hundred more. I may get the issue to appear 10 times in a row, but when I move to the next setup, I can't get it to appear at all. I find a fix for two situations, but with the third and fourth, it doesn't work. That's just the nature of troubleshooting.

But I will conclude with this, once more:
If the problem were a direct result of the code, then every single person on PS4 would be experiencing exactly the same issue. Every person. That's what an error or bug in the code would mean. That's not the case. The issue might be fixed or worked around with a patch to the game's code, but that doesn't mean it's being caused by the game's code.

Just because a third-party writes some software that conflicts with a game's code, it doesn't mean that it's the game's fault for not knowing some other business was doing things differently. Nor is it the fault of the third-party for not knowing that some game wouldn't work with their software. And it's not the third-party's responsibility to fix it, either. In fact, they might even reject the game devs' request for help, making it impossible for them to do anything about the game, even if they can prove what's causing the issue.

There are a lot of potential hurdles that can make this a very difficult problem to solve, or leave the devs with no recourse.

If the game just won't work correctly, that's something to take up with Support.

Hello, i have this problem too.
I would like to say that i have already done all possible configs, tried on different systems and thd CD is a new one. All hardware is free from any physical problem.
I take this response from this development team as a very bad practice, unprofessional and lack of self-criticisim. How many messages do you need to solve this problem? Do we need to create a Change.com campaign in order to really catch your attention?
I mean, this is obviosly a problem in the code and i dont care the source of the problem, in fact, this should concern to the company of doing its work properly done. My only concern is to have my game running in perfect conditions, amd in case of a problem, I expect a good support, not a "sorry, but we dont see the problem".
As far as i understand, you're saying that because of "unknown reasons that "could be" in the code we can not enjoy without this problem. My question then is: If you are not able to asses a correct performance of your work with a problem that was reported even years ago, why is this is game still being selled as another game which can run without any issue?
Again, I want this problem to be fixed. And by the way, you will receibe more messages because of the Netflix series is pushing more people to buy your game, so dont desapoint us.

Last edited:
This issue came with one of the last patches, ive completed the game 3 times before the latest patches without this issue.

I can understand that not everyone will notice this issue right away. I noticed it after several days of playing with the last update. But once noticed you will always hear it when it happens.

A big reason why you don't see many reports about this, is because the game is almost 5 years old. A lot of people moved on and most people won't even bother to post / report on forums about an issue or bug.

Understand that people that post about it are annoyed by this issue, because the witcher 3 is one of the best games out there. And we can't enjoy the game anymore because of this problem.

So far ive played the game with the latest patch on 4 different TVs from 3 different brands (Sony, LG, Samsung) on 3 different playstations, but the issue remains.

Ive moved on by playing the game on Xone, without any issue. But i don't like it as much, since it's not my main console.

This issue came with one of the last patches, ive completed the game 3 times before the latest patches without this issue.

I can understand that not everyone will notice this issue right away. I noticed it after several days of playing with the last update. But once noticed you will always hear it when it happens.

A big reason why you don't see many reports about this, is because the game is almost 5 years old. A lot of people moved on and most people won't even bother to post / report on forums about an issue or bug.

Understand that people that post about it are annoyed by this issue, because the witcher 3 is one of the best games out there. And we can't enjoy the game anymore because of this problem.

So far ive played the game with the latest patch on 4 different TVs from 3 different brands (Sony, LG, Samsung) on 3 different playstations, but the issue remains.

Ive moved on by playing the game on Xone, without any issue. But i don't like it as much, since it's not my main console.
Totally agree with you. But whatsmore, people can not get a refound of his/her money. So they have a product that is "broken" and that even if they get another copy of the game, the problem persists. At least, they should give users the option to downgrade their game version in which game stability as far as I've read and asked to other people was far way better.
Problems seem to appear since version 1.5.

This is exactly it. Most people finished the game and moved on. And since the game become broken on the ps4 in the latest patch - that's why they not reporting the issue. And don't forget that some people are just too lazy to report it (or simply stopped playing and brushed it off)

THE ISSUE IS REAL! And fault lies in the code, not in our systems!

True. And there's a similar type of issue with the lighting on Xbox. Just because a problem manifests after a specific patch, that does not automatically mean that it directly caused the issue: correlation is not causation. It's not that simple -- especially not when dealing with huge amounts of code.

And again, what about the vast majority of people that do not have the issue? What about the hundreds upon thousands of PS4 / TV / speaker combinations that do not experience the audio popping? Not with this version nor prior versions.

What's different? What, exactly, changed? Why is it affecting this system...but not this one or this one? What's the answer?

This is where, unfortunately, the answer is: "Don't know." I may try a hundred tests, then a hundred more. I may get the issue to appear 10 times in a row, but when I move to the next setup, I can't get it to appear at all. I find a fix for two situations, but with the third and fourth, it doesn't work. That's just the nature of troubleshooting.

But I will conclude with this, once more:
If the problem were a direct result of the code, then every single person on PS4 would be experiencing exactly the same issue. Every person. That's what an error or bug in the code would mean. That's not the case. The issue might be fixed or worked around with a patch to the game's code, but that doesn't mean it's being caused by the game's code.

Just because a third-party writes some software that conflicts with a game's code, it doesn't mean that it's the game's fault for not knowing some other business was doing things differently. Nor is it the fault of the third-party for not knowing that some game wouldn't work with their software. And it's not the third-party's responsibility to fix it, either. In fact, they might even reject the game devs' request for help, making it impossible for them to do anything about the game, even if they can prove what's causing the issue.

There are a lot of potential hurdles that can make this a very difficult problem to solve, or leave the devs with no recourse.

If the game just won't work correctly, that's something to take up with Support.

"Audio popping the Witcher 3 ps4". Just try to Google it and you will see that we are more people that what you could imagine with this problem...
There are even YouTube videos concerning to this problem, and just think about how many people of all the affected are posting their problems cause most of them are just too lazy or even dont get to report it...

Any news? I have continued with the game but the problem persists. It is even more noticeable in some dialogs:
When red baron dies, go back to the village and try to save people there.
I have read in reddit and some Spanish forums that this problem seems to appear from last patches, since people claimed to end the game some time ago and notice nothing.

Any news?

There are no news at this point, no. Keep in mind, that the development on the game on ps4 was completed a long time ago. I wouldn‘t expect a new patch anytime soon. All you can do is send a ticket to support, as frequently mentioned.

There are no news at this point, no. Keep in mind, that the development on the game on ps4 was completed a long time ago. I wouldn‘t expect a new patch anytime soon. All you can do is send a ticket to support, as frequently mentioned.
I will keep sending messages for sure, but i wonder if it is possible to get an older version of the game (i.e. older than 1.5) and give it a try to see if something changes

I will keep sending messages for sure, but i wonder if it is possible to get an older version of the game (i.e. older than 1.5) and give it a try to see if something changes
If you install the game from a disc and don't allow any patches to install, the problem is not present.... only problem with this method is the game plays a lot better wih its updates and dlcs

If you install the game from a disc and don't allow any patches to install, the problem is not present.... only problem with this method is the game plays a lot better wih its updates and dlcs
Well, i own goty edition. Only gives the option to upgrade from 1.60 to another (i think it was 1.62).
In my gameplay, sound crashes most of the time: inventory, music and lately even sword clashes and litting candles.
Last mission where this audio problem happened to me was
when you find Letho
There also dialogs were failing. Popping and clipping makes the game very annoying

I've bought the game on PS4 Pro recently and I'm experiencing this issue as well, it's annoying as hell, I totally get how it can render the game unplayable to some, submitted a ticket to CDPR just now. Other than that has anyone received any worthy reply from them? Or does someone know of a workaround to revert the patch that caused this issue?

Edit: These are the steps I received from CDPR support, might help someone

. Turn off PlayStation 4. Do not enter Rest Mode.
. Once the indicator light on top of your PlayStation 4 is off and has stopped blinking, unplug the power cable from the back of the console.
. Wait minimum 30 seconds.
. Plug the power cable back into PlayStation 4
. Load older save

I haven't tried it myself though, I doubt it will work because I don't have a save from previous patches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom