Audio Quality Issues

+
Audio Quality Issues

Hey guys, first off, wonderful game and congratulations.

However, I'm experiencing some (what I would consider) serious issues with the quality of audio in the game. When I refer to the audio quality, what I'm talking about specifically are sonic artefacts and distortion. I'm guessing this is an audio compression issue. Think of a highly compressed mp3 for example, containing strange warp-like sounds in the high end. It's similar to that. I use studio monitors at home, so these artefacts are like torture to my ears (lol).

To clarify, the issues are almost entirely dialogue-based. Atmos and foley sounds are sounding fine to me at this point. And when I mean dialogue sound, that includes random speech from NPCs as well as (and especially) conversational scenes. Basically, all dialogue. Furthermore, it’s constantly occurring, not just every now and then.

Okay, so at first, I thought it may have been my sound system acting up, to which I cross referenced other games. They sounded normal. I also tested the game on headphones. Same issue. For some reason I thought that maybe my installation didn't work correctly, so I re-installed it. No difference. I went and returned my game today to exchange it for a different copy, hoping that the first disc was corrupted. No difference.

At this point I'm thinking a few things. It may be my xbox, but unlikely, or it may be a bug. Couldn’t say for sure. However, I’d like to point out that two of my friends have told me they’re not experiencing the same issues as me for Witcher 3 and that I couldn’t find any other forum posts about this matter.

Apologies if I’ve forgotten to include other important info to help you guys reply to this.

Regards,
Hugh

Hello,

I also want to say thank you for crafting a wonderful game. This is the first CD Project Red game I've bought and I'm now a big fan. Incidentally, I'm really looking forward to the Cyberpunk game [my other favorite genre]!

I have noticed small audio issues with my Xbox One version of Witcher 3. It is unlike the previous poster's issue - it is more of an audio scratching or distortion noise that happens with ALL audio, including music, sound effects, and dialogue. It sounds like the entire audio stream gives out or fails to process and gets distorted altogether. I've switched between movies and other games [Destiny, Forza 5, Netflix, etc.] on the exact same audio setup, so it appears isolated to Witcher 3 only.

I'm hoping this isn't just an Xbox One problem, as that would really ruin the experience for me. Can you guys look into a potential fix?

Once again, thank you!

Last edited:
yeah I have heard similar issues at first I thought my sound bar was acting up. Seems to happen at times the game lags a little bit.

Top Bottom