Being Visibly Armed,Holsters and Trunks

+
There was the "concealability" rating for weapons in CP P&P RPG. That may be usefull to use it in a certain way (conceal a saw off shotgun under a longcoat is acceptable, but conceal a machine gun is not ).
Excellent point; I hope that CDPR includes this mechanic in the game.

I too would very much like to see realistic portrayals of weapons carry, rather than "magic pants / bag of holding."

If you have a katana, you can wear it visibly on your hip or across your back, or have it in a special tactical rig under your shoulder, under your trenchcoat. Pistols can be in a hip holster, shoulder holster, thigh holster, or small of the back. Pistols retrieved in combat can be tucked in to your waistband. Things like that.

NO MAGNETS

hate weapons just attached to the back

LMAO!!!!! I see your point...

But what I mean is that every weapon u=you use is visible and is placed somewhere on your body, with holsters complimentary of CDPR of course.

If they do implement the hoslters/slings.... then you should be able to buy them to suit your character.

For instance my nomad would walk around with a hip sling leather holster, old west style, with a big ass revolver. And a large sheathed combat knife sideways on the back of his belt.

But my solo would want dual shoulder holsters, for wearing under his suit or or other every day clothes... on his combat kit he would want the shoulder holsters, as well as 2 hip holsters for SMG's, maybe another holster on the back of his belt, a slung rifle, and a boot knife.

My ghetto fixer, or techie, might just want to tuck a small pistol in their belt at the small of their back..

If they are really going this way, then it needs to be as customizable as the rest of your clothing.

Hmm...

What if they made a couple of animations for weapon slings (over the shoulder sling, across the back sling, under the arm sling, etc.) and just swapped out the weapon model? That way, they could re-use the same animation, instead of having to create a separate animation for each weapon.

Example:

You have a under-shoulder tactial sling, so you can conceal your weapon under your trenchcoat. In that slot, you can then choose whether to carry your SMG, your shotgun, or your bullpup caseless assault rifle. The animation for drawing the weapon would remain the same (or virtually identical, if your shotgun doesn't have a pistol grip.)

/edit

Riffing off Wisdom's idea, if you had a hip or thigh holster, the drawing animation would be the same, for the same weapon class. Any Pistol in a hip or thigh holster would use the same animation to draw the weapon.

Hmm...

What if they made a couple of animations for weapon slings (over the shoulder sling, across the back sling, under the arm sling, etc.) and just swapped out the weapon model? That way, they could re-use the same animation, instead of having to create a separate animation for each weapon.

Example:

You have a under-shoulder tactial sling, so you can conceal your weapon under your trenchcoat. In that slot, you can then choose whether to carry your SMG, your shotgun, or your bullpup caseless assault rifle. The animation for drawing the weapon would remain the same (or virtually identical, if your shotgun doesn't have a pistol grip.)

/edit

Riffing off Wisdom's idea, if you had a hip or thigh holster, the drawing animation would be the same, for the same weapon class. Any Pistol in a hip or thigh holster would use the same animation to draw the weapon.

Yup.... it would be a really unique touch to add, but not necessarily a resource consuming one...

All tomorrow's Parties with maybe my favourite Solo ever. So cool. And he hses the magnets to hold the blade, hyper sharp, from ever touching anything that isn't flesh.

I'll be happy with holsters at all, or slings, never mind different kinds. I mean, different kinds would be cool, but I'll take what I can get that isn't pulling an FN-RAL from nowhere.

Anyone read HArry Harrison's Deathworld? VERY cool arm holsters. Like one, please,complete with cable.

Hmm...

Example:

/edit

Perfect idea!

If they do implement the hoslters/slings.... then you should be able to buy them to suit your character.

For instance my nomad would walk around with a hip sling leather holster, old west style, with a big ass revolver. And a large sheathed combat knife sideways on the back of his belt.

But my solo would want dual shoulder holsters, for wearing under his suit or or other every day clothes... on his combat kit he would want the shoulder holsters, as well as 2 hip holsters for SMG's, maybe another holster on the back of his belt, a slung rifle, and a boot knife.

My ghetto fixer, or techie, might just want to tuck a small pistol in their belt at the small of their back..

If they are really going this way, then it needs to be as customizable as the rest of your clothing.

Yeah thats right. If there are holsters and slings, we should be able to costumize our character and be able to buy different kinds and styles.

I have absolutely nothing against weapons not being visible on the body, though I guess that would be neat. Having a shoulder holster where I keep my Blade Runner handgun would make me look pretty awesome. Still, it's not something I'd lose a second of sleep on. As long as the weapons are fun to use and the combat is engaging, I don't give a shit whether or not they're visible on you.

I have absolutely nothing against weapons not being visible on the body, though I guess that would be neat. Having a shoulder holster where I keep my Blade Runner handgun would make me look pretty awesome. Still, it's not something I'd lose a second of sleep on. As long as the weapons are fun to use and the combat is engaging, I don't give a shit whether or not they're visible on you.
I certainly don't have *less* fun, playing a "magic pants" game like GTA 4. It'd just be REALLY cool if CDPR could implement some of these ideas. IMO, it's small details like this that would set CP2077 apart from "just another sandbox."

Agreed.... hell even if its not done, I would still like to be able to choose holsters and knives and what hot as separate cosmetic layers for clothing customization...

I am all for accurately showing holsters and weapons slung properly, but at the very least it is an animation nightmare with the amount of weaponry they want to be available. (Fortunately they do show holsters, even for the Crusher SSG in the teaser trailer..so there is hope)

Depending on the rig or where it is there is a minimum of 12 locations that are possible, plus type of weapon...body location, gender (to some degree) and body size would effect the animation as well. When you are playing a game like Just Cause (Locational items) Hitman or Max payne since you are playing the same protagonist this makes things easier. Clothing changes and style of items make my brain hurt with the amount of variables there would need to be.

There is a reason most games have a only a few visible locations and usually just there for show (Attached by magnets)

What if clothing and holsters were equipment you purchased, and that dictated your inventory size and what you could carry along with wieght. When you purchase items in the store it could either be sent directly to your vehicles trunk or a shopping bag is spawned that you have to carry, I my self lean towards directly to trunk.

I am all for accurately showing holsters and weapons slung properly, but at the very least it is an animation nightmare with the amount of weaponry they want to be available. (Fortunately they do show holsters, even for the Crusher SSG in the teaser trailer..so there is hope)

Depending on the rig or where it is there is a minimum of 12 locations that are possible, plus type of weapon...body location, gender (to some degree) and body size would effect the animation as well.
These were my thoughts on it from the prior pages:

Example:

/edit

All depends on whether we get an inventory, or load-out screens for missions. This is one aesthetic I don't prioritize over game mechanics, and many other game devs feel the same way since countless RPG's allow you to pull whatever you want out of your ass at any time. So in this case, aesthetics are contingent on the gameplay.

This is one aesthetic I don't prioritize over game mechanics, and many other game devs feel the same way since countless RPG's allow you to pull whatever you want out of your ass at any time.
...you must go to ChaosWolf's ripperdoc. =p

Agreed though. As stated previously, I think it'd be cool if CDPR *could* implement some / all of these ideas. But, you're right; shouldn't be a priority over gameplay.

Top Bottom