Bekker's Twisted Mirror - Card Text misleading.

+

Derity

Forum regular
Bekker's Twisted Mirror - Card Text misleading.

Bekker's Twisted Mirror reads: "Swap the strength of the strongest and weakest units on the battlefield. Ties are resolved randomly."

However, what the actual effect does is damages the strongest unit on the battlefield (Health goes red), and strengthens the weakest unit on the battlefield (Health goes green). I crafted this card thinking that it would work well against Mardroeme, but it doesn't work because it doesn't actually Swap the values.

I think for a Gold card, that it should outright swap the values. But if this won't be a change, then I think that the card description needs to be reworked.

Derity Thanks for the heads up, I haven't gotten the mirror yet, but I also thought upon reading that everything would swap (current Base value, current state (Red, White or Green) as well as current STR. Seems weird that if used, for example, to "swap" a Prize winning Cow and a 17 Base STR Skirmisher that a D-Bomb will undo the "swap" because nothing was actually swapped, just damaged and buffed accordingly.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Treamayne;n7387650 said:
DeritySeems weird that if used, for example, to "swap" a Prize winning Cow and a 17 Base STR Skirmisher that a D-Bomb will undo the "swap" because nothing was actually swapped, just damaged and buffed accordingly.

Oh, I see now. Your explanation made things clearer.

Derity

Forum regular
TheLimnalhymn;n7386270 said:
It doesn't say "Swap the base strength" though, text seems fine to me.

I still think it's misleading, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to think it does straight up swap the Stength because that's exactly what it says.

If it said "Swap the base Strength" then that would be a different effect, because for example, if I had a minion that had 1/1 HP and you had a minion that had 5/10 HP and I used a card that said "Swap the Base Strength", my minion would become 1/10 HP and yours would become 5/1 HP.

The real problem is that it doesn't swap all of the weakest with all of the strongest which is how it is worded. It says Units not unit. It should swap multiple 1 strength minions with say an equal number of highest strength minions. This would make the card much more playable.

viceversa;n7420220 said:
The real problem is that it doesn't swap all of the weakest with all of the strongest which is how it is worded. It says Units not unit. It should swap multiple 1 strength minions with say an equal number of highest strength minions. This would make the card much more playable.

I admit the card text is slightly ambiguous. However with the way it is worded the plural refers to the two units one of which is the strongest and the other the weakest. What you are suggesting would have the card text 'Swap the strength of all of the weakest units on the battlefield with an equal number of the strongest units on the battlefield.'

viceversa;n7420220 said:
You do notice "Ties are resolved randomly" part of the description, right? Also, devs will never tweak this card to swap single strong unit with multiple weak ones.

The card text is very misleading.
It does not seem to affect gold units, but that's not written on the card. And it's a gold card, so there's no reason to think it couldn't affect gold cards (Dbombs, shackles, all gold direct damage dealers do after all).

LDiCesare;n7707190 said:
It does not seem to affect gold units

That's not true. It can affect gold units. I've just tried it without any problems.

I had one9 STR unit on my side, one 1 STR unit, and there were 2 gold STR 10 units on the other side. My 1 and 9 switched.
The 10 STR were NR, so they were 9+2, but it's not base strength, so I don't understand why it happened thus.

LDiCesare;n7712900 said:
I had one9 STR unit on my side, one 1 STR unit, and there were 2 gold STR 10 units on the other side. My 1 and 9 switched.
The 10 STR were NR, so they were 9+2, but it's not base strength, so I don't understand why it happened thus.

Not sure. You should try it again later and if it happens again, report the bug in the tech forum.

Top Bottom