Blood and Wine Start Golyat Boss Bugged

+
As title suggests I've ran into really weird glitch/bug that's preventing me from even playing this DLC. When I start it accept contract and travel to cutscene where boss fight about to start. It glitches up and does head collecting bounty scene then teleports me 600meters away in underground cave while boss fight keeps on raging. Nothing I do can fixed it. I've tried:
Reparing steam pc game files
uninstalling and resinstalling DLC
removing all mods
trying different save
doing complete fresh install of game
clearing %temp% files
skipping cutscenes and not skipping cutscenes
fast traveling to another map and back

Nothing I did works nothing:( I'm so upset can't keep playing game. I've played game 5 times over and never once has it happen before. Can anyone please help thanks
P.S I've attached 3 screenshots to show some of moments and also one showing map of where I got teleported to by game
Also tried loading save all way from Isle of mists and still bugs/glitches out same way.

Attachments

• 20190311014407_1.jpg
    20190311014407_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
  • 20190311014007_1.jpg
    20190311014007_1.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 20190311014003_1.jpg
    20190311014003_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 20190311035047_1.jpg
    20190311035047_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Unfortunately, a few mods can cause issues even after removing them.

Did you really remove every TW3 file before reinstalling it? Sometimes there‘s still something left after uninstalling a game.

Unfortunately, a few mods can cause issues even after removing them.

Did you really remove every TW3 file before reinstalling it? Sometimes there‘s still something left after uninstalling a game.
Thanks for fast reply! I'm not sure what TW3 file needs removing that gets left behind bec I used steam "uninstall game".

Just look for the folder where you installed the game. After uninstalling make sure to remove everything that‘s left there (except save games of save games). If nothing helps contact support and send them your save game.

Just look for the folder where you installed the game. After uninstalling make sure to remove everything that‘s left there (except save games of save games). If nothing helps contact support and send them your save game.
Hi thanks again for fast reply I just uninstalled game again via steam and indeed there was some folders still left in The Witcher 3 Folder. Bin-Content-Mods- _CommonRedist. I've deleted these and "The Witcher 3 folder itself is now empty just only my save games remain. Do you think this will fully resolve the iusse?

I can‘t say for sure, but you should definitely give it a try with one of your more recent save games,

I can‘t say for sure, but you should definitely give it a try with one of your more recent save games,
Ok I just finished doing fresh install but it still bugged out same way even without any mods attached. I'm not sure what else to do at this point:(

You haven't mentioned if you have tried to run back to the place, so I will assume not or that you can't leave the cave.

However you can teleport back. which might solve your problem.

Create this file in this directory:
w3dir\mods\modFix\content\scripts\local\teleportexec.ws
add this code below to the file (.ws files can be opened with notepad)

Code:
exec function tpback()
{
    var pos : Vector;

pos.X = -153.0f;
    pos.Y = -364.0f;
    pos.Z = 27.0f;
    pos.W = 1.0f;

thePlayer.Teleport(pos);
}

That will allow you to teleport back.

If you do not have the debug console enabled then go to this file:
w3dir\bin\config\base\general.ini
and add `DBGConsoleOn=true` in the file under `[General]`

That will allow you to push F2 or ' on your keyboard to open the console.
Type in 'tpback' and it will teleport you back to the windmills where golyat is.

You haven't mentioned if you have tried to run back to the place, so I will assume not or that you can't leave the cave.

However you can teleport back. which might solve your problem.

Create this file in this directory:
w3dir\mods\modFix\content\scripts\local\teleportexec.ws
add this code below to the file (.ws files can be opened with notepad)

Code:
exec function tpback()
{
    var pos : Vector;

pos.X = -153.0f;
    pos.Y = -364.0f;
    pos.Z = 27.0f;
    pos.W = 1.0f;

thePlayer.Teleport(pos);
}

That will allow you to teleport back.

If you do not have the debug console enabled then go to this file:
w3dir\bin\config\base\general.ini
and add `DBGConsoleOn=true` in the file under `[General]`

That will allow you to push F2 or ' on your keyboard to open the console.
Type in 'tpback' and it will teleport you back to the windmills where golyat is.
Thanks everyone so much for your help. Ok sorry I had to edit this reply. I can't find w3dir\mods\modFix\content\scripts\local\teleportexec.ws anywhere all I have is this in screenhot I sent. Do you mean make file here?

P.S Update I put that code in that notepad file and did tpback and it worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH<3 You saved my game I was so emotionally upset I wasnt going to be able to play anymore but now its fixxed. And thank you "devivre" also for taking time to help sort this iusse out. Uploaded second screenshot showing I'm past that part:)

Attachments

• W3 file.png
    W3 file.png
    280.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 20190312221409_1.jpg
    20190312221409_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Thanks everyone so much for your help. Ok sorry I had to edit this reply. I can't find w3dir\mods\modFix\content\scripts\local\teleportexec.ws anywhere all I have is this in screenhot I sent. Do you mean make file here?

P.S Update I put that code in that notepad file and did tpback and it worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH<3 You saved my game I was so emotionally upset I wasnt going to be able to play anymore but now its fixxed. And thank you "devivre" also for taking time to help sort this iusse out. Uploaded second screenshot showing I'm past that part:)
I have the same bug but i don't understand what to do exactly. There is no folder named w3dir or mods or modifx. Can u tell me what should i do?

Top Bottom