Blood & Gore system

+
Red dead redemption 2 did it right. No over exageration and wounds and blood that stays on the ground and wall.I would expect the same but i am not so confident on it.

Red dead redemption 2 did it right. No over exageration and wounds and blood that stays on the ground and wall.I would expect the same but i am not so confident on it.
Agreed 100%. They should keep it realistic IMO, and I think they probably will most of the time, but am not completely sure. They may have some mild exaggerations to emphasize certain impacts.

Blood and gore being fairly realistic and true to Cyberpunk dark themes, mainly because I wanna see some cybernetic limbs and stuff blow off.

They literally showed legs and heads blown off with red clouds in slow motion.

That's pretty gorry...

I am all for gore as long as it's well done - with temperance and moderation.

If it's way over the top and all-present it loses it's impact.
For example, "Bloody mess" perk in Fallout turns gore into a joke as you turn enemies to mince meat in every encounter.

Dismemberment, head splattering and such should be reserved for high caliber powerful weapons and explosives, and as VERY rare random critical shot for low power guns.
That being said, regular hits should also show visible gunshot wounds and stagger the opponents if that part of the body has no armor.

They literally showed legs and heads blown off with red clouds in slow motion.

That's pretty gorry...

At the same time we also seen that there are no wounds from the bullets aside dismembered blood clouds yes. But so far i did not seen any blood on the ground too in the demo. Many FPS have the bad habit to make blood clouds but not even display wounds from bullets on ennemy bodies.

I am all for gore as long as it's well done - with temperance and moderation.

If it's way over the top and all-present it loses it's impact.
For example, "Bloody mess" perk in Fallout turns gore into a joke as you turn enemies to mince meat in every encounter.

Dismemberment, head splattering and such should be reserved for high caliber powerful weapons and explosives, and as VERY rare random critical shot for low power guns.
That being said, regular hits should also show visible gunshot wounds and stagger the opponents if that part of the body has no armor.
Pretty much this. Agreed 100%.

Guest 4211861

I want to mod the blood and change it to flowers, rainbows and hamburgers like in Serious Sam.

Yeah. In RDR2 online I was in a fight, got my clothes bloody, and then went to play poker. My sleeves stayed bloody the entire night, apparently until I swim/let rain fall on me, etc. (Online doesn't currently allow bathing the same way storymode does, but its coming). And this was in online multiplayer..

I've seen lots of antipathy against rockstar games, even though the worlds are incredibly detailed and have stuff like that.GTA and RDR are way more immersive with their realism than a whole bunch of SP RPGs...

I'm okay with blood and gore. It would benefit many games.
Just make it toggle enabled, default Off. And ask ingame if want to see it or not. ?

Top Bottom