Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
well Jason Schreier is well known for discover this type of thing, so as now is even more impossible to get what most player wants, because this things dont even exists
Post automatically merged:

people i talked to seem to think cdpr is slowly becoming EA. if they knew the game was not ready for launch they should have delayed it for at least another 2 years 4 at most.
i will be willing to wait another 2-3 years for the game of century

Fix the Bugs, do a shit with DLC timelines etc...

Just do a second release in 2 Years and let have the modders there fun with CP atm. (Learn there too)

It's to much what CP needed.
yeah but the second release should be free for all (like borderlands enhaced), this is the minimum bare

Sorry but once again this guy article looks to me like 20% of real informations, mixed with 80% of speculation and drama inducing statements for "clicks".

Okay so first thing that stands out to me, " 2018 demo was almost entirely fake ".
Start walking on foot for a while arround Night City and look on details, assets, underpasses, overpasses etc ...and tell me if it was possible to make all of this in 2 years ? slap onto that all of the RPG elemenets, characters, cars, writing, weapons...well everything that glues the game together.

Well ? One district in this game has more work put into it than some entire games that sell for 60$. Now you could tell me that devs at CDPR are so overworked they could actualy put it together in 2 years. Sure, sure... "evil overlords from CDPR".

One thing people need to realize, the journalists are basicaly immune to getting " called out " about something.
Nobody will point the fingers and counter journalist with another article titled : " you're full of shit, and here's why...".

So all in all I would take this with grain of salt.

The "demo" was a vertical slice. It is common across the industry, and is what happens at E3 all the time. The problem is that those "reporting" on E3 articles rarely know wtf they are actually talking about and then these vertical slices are then called "demo" or "alpha's".

A vertical slice is a portion of a game which acts as a proof of concept for stakeholders before they agree to fund the rest. It is not the same thing as a prototype in that it is expected to look of final quality and play like the final game. It is like asking to see a piece of the final cake before agreeing to pay for the whole.

Requests for vertical slices are a key sign that your stakeholder (publisher, investor, whomever) has no idea what game making actually involves and is likely harboring many misconceptions about the process. The reason is that what seems like 10% of the content and therefore 10% of the effort is actually more like 70% of the effort.

Those who desire to see vertical slices make the mistake of thinking of game development as a pure production exercise, which of course it is not, and will likely misunderstand what further development will entail. Vertical slices are also simply not achievable in many kinds of game.

Guest 4402625

Sorry but once again this guy article looks to me like 20% of real informations, mixed with 80% of speculation and drama inducing statements for "clicks".

Okay so first thing that stands out to me, " 2018 demo was almost entirely fake ".
Start walking on foot for a while arround Night City and look on details, assets, underpasses, overpasses etc ...and tell me if it was possible to make all of this in 2 years ? slap onto that all of the RPG elemenets, characters, cars, writing, weapons...well everything that glues the game together.

Well ? One district in this game has more work put into it than some entire games that sell for 60$. Now you could tell me that devs at CDPR are so overworked they could actualy put it together in 2 years. Sure, sure... "evil overlords from CDPR".

One thing people need to realize, the journalists are basicaly immune to getting " called out " about something.
Nobody will point the fingers and counter journalist with another article titled : " you're full of shit, and here's why...".

So all in all I would take this with grain of salt.
Watch this below video, It was created by an amateur for fun.

cyberpunk street level
via @YouTube

Fascinating read.
At E3 in June 2019, CD Projekt announced that the game would come out on April 16, 2020. Fans were elated, but internally, some members of the team could only scratch their heads, wondering how they could possibly finish the game by then. One person said they thought the date was a joke. Based on the team’s progress, they expected the game to be ready in 2022. Developers created memes about the game getting delayed, making bets on when it would happen.
So yeah, no way around it. That anonymous report, that was confirmed by Shreier, was real. They had to complete the game in 1 freaking year..... No wonder everything fascinating about the game got the knife. On top of being understaffed for a project of this scope, organization was poor as well.

The complex reason why the Demo 3. person and Engine can't come into CP77 is (in my eyes) the PS4 and XBox.

There to old to handle that level of games. And I think it's cut, because of it. Another Problems are the devs who leaves
CDPR and a new Mainstory cuz of Keanu Reeves. Maybe it's sounds a bit like a conspiracy. But the differences are inexplicable.

My former boss Alexander alexandrovich an me were once sitting in our teekitchen next to our laboratory and some PhD students were discussing their pretty reactions.

He nudged me an whispered into my ear: "boy. You dont pay for a pretty face."

While that comment was clearly not nice, there is truth in it. When you pay money, you want supstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom