Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, TW3 didn't have guards spawn from nowhere anywhere you were in the game world and try to blindly kill you if you accidently bumped a pedestrian whilst galloping about on Roach either. Let's talk immersion in a dystopian worl..... Oh nevermind....

I'm not saying the Bloomberg write-up has any accuracy to it. In the current times "reporting" deals less with facts and more with pushing agendas. It's not a stretch to assume incompetence is involved somewhere along the chain though. Otherwise there wouldn't be an official apology and a game outright pulled from specific hardware platforms.

if cops didnt spawn on you, they would never be a factor in the game at all. They already can't keep up with you, and your character supposedly has high tech face hiding software.
There's some very interesting and telling lines in the 2019 Deep Dive:

Q: What kinds of things are exclusive for pacifica, because you don't want people to just come for the quests and leave and that's it. You want people to keep coming back to the district, so what can people find there.

A: Uhm, I mean ..it .. this is what I meant when I said ..uh..like it's a very fun process to think of these kind of things, because these sorts of characteristics that we give a district directly sort of birth the things that you find there. And uh, amongst the destruction you'll still find people living there. Right uh.... pacifica has a by and large hatian commnunity, and each district has a dominant gang that has taken over there. And for Pacifica this would be the voodoo boys, and unlike the Maelstomers that we saw last year the voodoo boys are deeply ingrained within the community that lives there. And uh.. they're not your typical gang that you might see out there (...he goes on describing the voodoo boys, and that they are cool).

So the question was what kinds of things will keep players coming back to Pacifica beyond quests. Which is a fantastic question, probably one players have asked themselves. And the answer is that the Voodoo boys are a really neat gang. There's lots of red flags looking back in a lot of the interviews. This isn't deceptive, as much as it shows that there is already a misalignment with what people expect to find, and what the game has. I'm not trying to give the dev any crap for his answer, clearly he's put on the spot, and chose to talk about enviromental design. But for some people there is an issue of "What does bring us back beyond quests?"

There are a number of odd things, like they show a scene of you riding a train, they say the game is a full fledged RPG, but have apparently changed that in the marketing post launch. They talk up pacifica and say that the bustling markets are places to by special contraband hardware, but there is nothing really special about the markets in pacifica. They say playful stuff that it's really dangerous walking around and you'll need to use a fast moving bike or armoured car. Are they talking about gameplay or lore? They don't really say, and as we know from the game you can walk around just as well as anywhere else.

It's not as bad as the 2018 trailer mentioned in the article. I wouldn't say there's blatent false advertisement or anything. But, to just take one example: that it's dangerous to walk around Pacifica, and you'll need a fast moving bike or armoured car. What are they talking about exactly? Can you see how players would be confused as they move about the game and don't encounter a game world that is inferred?

actually Pacifica has a bunch of unique legendary cyberware, mostly intellegience focused and blue quickhacks. But I will say, would have been nice if they had a way to get cool with vdbs and open up much more quests/world stuff. also if they wanted it to be very dangerous, put way more scavs on the out the edges, maybe have some turrets that shoot cars. perhaps they had to scale it back, but they didnt really seem to have much grand plans for it, especially from your quote.

The facts are they knew the game will not run on base consoles.
They knew that the wanted system and the AI that they said will be in the game are not in the game.
The game is not complex at all lets not bullshit ourselves.
The game mechanics are simple, they did not invent FPS or driving. Almost all of the mechanics in the game are already been in games for decades.
The game did not give us anything new. Nothing that is not already been in other games.
So the excuse that the game is very demanding and cannot run on base consoles in my eyes is total bullshit.
You have really complex games like GTA V and RDR2 that have working AI, beautiful graphics and big maps and they work on all platforms.

If the gamers knew that the AI will not be there and the game will not run on base consoles, do you think CDPR would have got 13 mil sales?

If the gamers knew that the AI will not be there and the game will not run on base consoles, do you think CDPR would have got 13 mil sales?

they maybe "only" would've gotten 9-10 million or whatever.

Don't wanna answer your other points bc its already been discussed earlier or in other threads at length. (and I don't particulaly am on board with them)

Seems like It doesn't matter what CDPR does at this point, it's always a lose-lose scenario and all kinds of people will always find ways to be dissatisfied with something.

Or they find ways and/or make up things so they are able to be dissatisfied again.

It's kind of weird to watch this all. I got a game I wanted. I never wanted this game to be GTA. I realized when playing GTA 4 that most I enjoy is driving. I never really cared about side activities and plot somehow lost its steam at some point for me.

So how much is anticipating something a part of product experience, and/or complaining and making statements about it. An RPG Experience Next.

Cut content, what the hell that does to do with quality? Movies are cut, not every track recorded ends up on album, not every idea in writers room makes the cut, even if they aren't necessarily bad, but pacing issues.

There's no 16 hours cut of James Cameron's Titanic, not because they couldn't make it happen, but audience even on disc/ streaming platforms, have some sort of understanding that more doesn't necessarily equal better.

[...]

The game works fine on my old GeForce 660 ti, it runs surprisingly well considering that before that I was unable to play PUGB and CoD (the ground was not visible and I was flying in the air!). So for me, I was literally shocked that it works and runs smoothly on low+ settings.

I didn't look trailers as I never do since Fable. I also don't read reviews as they are fake by majority. Same with movies. Because looking at trailers gives you not full picture, it misleads you, it is totally normal with trailers as they are work in progress. If you watch trailers without having that in mind... Well that's your own mistake.

So maybe, instead of blaming everything on CDPR, we should start blaming some players?!
That the game works for you or that you went into the game without knowing anything about it doesn't change the fact that CDPR was misleading and delivered a game that was broken for many people and is missing not just content they indicated would be in the game, but also baseline game content that should be in there by default.

It's kind of weird to watch this all. I got a game I wanted. I never wanted this game to be GTA. I realized when playing GTA 4 that most I enjoy is driving. I never really cared about side activities and plot somehow lost its steam at some point for me.
Same for me.

Although I pointed out there should be a more fleshed out story/pre story to be able to better connect with characters and add stuff here and there. Ofc bugfixes and AI etc.

But it's still surreal to watch these things unfold in the forum.

YES, because if "AI was there and it ran on base consoles" it would have sold even more (20% more according to sales analysts), not the other way around.

Those 13 millions people choose to continue playing the game instead of refunding, and they had ample opportunities to do that.

Seems like It doesn't matter what CDPR does at this point, it's always a lose-lose scenario and all kinds of people will always find ways to be dissatisfied with something.

Or they find ways and/or make up things so they are able to be dissatisfied again.
I posted about this a few weeks ago saying that no matter what CDPR says it will only result in further battle between white knights and goblins and every time CDPR says "We're sorry" a white knight will be summoned and every time a white knight is summoned 10 goblins will be summoned to storm the castle again. Sometime before that I posted the best thing for CDPR to do would be to remain silent and improve the game like Hello Games did with No Mans Sky.

It was sage advice and there is a very good reason for the phrase "silence is golden." When you've constructed a false reality on lies, every time you speak you're giving people information which is actually puzzle pieces to find more lies and deception. What is the result of that puzzle being put together, white knights being summoned to say "look they apologized" and goblins being summoned to say "look, they lied again".

It's the charade of life. Masks being put on, masks falling off.
download (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom