Bringing Geralt into the world of Oblivion

+
nVidia Drivers? Best on the market? with there fob-Off attatude!Thank you!, I haven't laughed this hard since my mate fell into a cow ditch.

FreddyKruger said:
In this case please name me other graphics cards that are better! I really want to know! And if they can be dx10?
ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT 512MB GDDR4 £117.49 inc VATPure DX10.1 hardware with shader 4.1Lets take a look at nVidia's closest and latest match.Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3 £126.89 inc VATComparison
SupportnVidia 9600ATI 3870
DX1010.1
Shader Model44.1
core650MHz775MHz
RAM512MB GDDR3 1800MHz512MB 256-bit GDDR4 2250MHz
Stream Processors64320
Hardware Video 1080pûü
HDMI with 5.1 audioûü
DVI supportüü
I'm sorry, but I know where my moneys gonna be spent. ;)And thats just one example. See, ATI are Veterans at DirectX, its what they have been doing for a very long time. nVidia have only just brushed on that area. And unfortunatly OpenGL is dinosour code thats slowly being fazed out, because it hasnt changed in over 7 years, and Vista (SP1 comes out next week hopfully) supports DX more than GL.

This thread was already one kind of off-topic, being about TES: IV, not The Witcher. We don't have our "own" mod-making tools for TW yet, and must wait until May to see what they will be like. Given that the game has Bioware's Aurora under it, that could be something as useful as the NWN1 and Oblivion systems, or as cranky as what Obsidian offered for NWN2. Meanwhile, although it's true that nVIDIA is as likely to cut its own nose off its face at the top levels, their hardware isn't "bad", and AMD's isn't "good", the current nVIDIA hardware is quite good, and the current AMD hardware has fallen behind and is just catching back up. The causes of nVIDIA being late to market with Dx9 and SM-2 were related to the time it took them to meet Microsoft's demands for the original XBox's video, so that the GF-4's were mostly a rehash of the GF-3s, and the FXes were a total disaster at Dx9.It was just ATI, before the merger, with the contract for the XBox360 video chips, and they chose to do something similar, such that the X300 through X600 VPUs were all rehash parts based on the Radeon 9600 family of Low-Medium level video chips, but they also lost momentum in their long-range development area, and the top end of their HD 2*** / HD 3*** cards aren't as strong as nVIDIA's best, although they do have more experience with the architecture (programmable hardware). It's not an either-or, black and white situation, but the very top management at nVIDIA does follow some very petty and small-minded tactics, so they cannot wear white hats. They aren't total crooks, although I was personally put into some financial strain from believing in them and investing in several of those nasty FXes from four years ago, and I really think that they still owe us *all* a ton of apologies for that crap ! Ever since the Geforce 8*** cards followed the ATI lead into programmability and general purpose functionality, nVIDIA is struggling with their drivers, which hadn't been so true before, although I have already pointed out that at the top levels of the company, I believe there has been a conscious choice made about the Geforce 7*** drivers versus Oblivion, to literally and maliciously program the drivers adversely in some manner. It's the only conclusion I can draw from the results.

LordLethris said:
ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT 512MB GDDR4 £117.49 inc VATPure DX10.1 hardware with shader 4.1Lets take a look at nVidia's closest and latest match.Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3 £126.89 inc VATComparison
DX1010.1
Shader Model44.1
core650MHz775MHz
Stream Processors64320
Hardware Video 1080pûü
HDMI with 5.1 audioûü
DVI supportüü
I'm sorry, but I know where my moneys gonna be spent. ;)And thats just one example. See, ATI are Veterans at DirectX, its what they have been doing for a very long time. nVidia have only just brushed on that area. And unfortunatly OpenGL is dinosour code thats slowly being fazed out, because it hasnt changed in over 7 years, and Vista (SP1 comes out next week hopfully) supports DX more than GL.
Thanks! that was all I wanted to know!I see that the ATi is cheeper,but so does the nVidia,I mean why are they so cheep? ??? The 8800 was like 1000 Euros

FreddyKruger said:
Thanks! that was all I wanted to know!I see that the ATi is cheeper,but so does the nVidia,I mean why are they so cheep? ??? The 8800 was like 1000 Euros
I told you. nVidia hype properganda. "Oh i MUST get an nVidia 8800 cos' there dx10", so nVidia pump up the price knowing damn well that people will get it. Shame they failed to mention that it only "supports" dx10, and isnt future proofed.... Because nVidia need to fill there gigantic pockets with your money!Since people are strting to wize up and notice nVidia's driver issues, AND the fact that ATI can produce a "Hardware" DX card cheeper, they have to be "tactfully" competative to save there own asses.

LordLethris said:
LordLethris said:
What are you trying to say here? nVidia drives are the best on the market!Name other that are batter than nVidia in this case!
Har Har.
Hear hear for the har har ;)nVidia have good hardware, but their drivers.. sheesh.However you can't really talk too much about hype - dx10.1 is a wasted feature until nvidia also put it in their cards.

kalniel said:
However you can't really talk too much about hype - dx10.1 is a wasted feature until nvidia also put it in their cards.
Not really. when it can be dynamicly used in dx10 compatable game. And ATI have heads up on this... for a cheeper price.remember the great DX10.1 debate? the .1 requires new hardware, thus making the old 8800 cards redundent, and by the looks of it, unless nVidia have done somthing smart like "firmware updatable chipsets", it looks like there new "9 series" cards are also not yet ready for DX10.1

LordLethris said:
LordLethris said:
However you can't really talk too much about hype - dx10.1 is a wasted feature until nvidia also put it in their cards.
Not really. when it can be dynamicly used in dx10 compatable game. And ATI have heads up on this... for a cheeper price.remember the great DX10.1 debate? the .1 requires new hardware, thus making the old 8800 cards redundent, and by the looks of it, unless nVidia have done somthing smart like "firmware updatable chipsets", it looks like there new "9 series" cards are also not yet ready for DX10.1
The FX series also had hardware features that supposedly made the competition redundant, and we know how that turned out..A feature is not worth the transistor count unless it is actually used, and so far every comment from the developers has been very dismissive of the possibility. Unless nvidia cards also start including it, then they might bother.

LordLethris said:
LordLethris said:
In this case please name me other graphics cards that are better! I really want to know! And if they can be dx10?
DX1010.1
Shader Model44.1
core650MHz775MHz
Stream Processors64320
Hardware Video 1080pûü
HDMI with 5.1 audioûü
DVI supportüü
9600GT is lower performance than the Radeon HD 3870, and ATi's 3xxx series support DX10.1 while curent nVidia cards don't!But there is no curent game that makes use of it!And GeForce 8800 Ultra is better than the Radeon HD 3870 so I'll stick with nVidia!

hiver said:
How about not recreating Geralt in oblivion at all. I mean...for gods sake - why?
Why not. Next step is to create Martin into the witcher :p Or jauffre or maybe sheogorath :p hehe, the madgod in the northern kingdoms,now how would that end. I think the best option to create a geralt like character into Oblivion and other ES games is to have a pc version and use mods.Because with the standard systems you never get that result.

Top Bottom