Bronze unit with damage ability must return (and damage overall need a boost)

+
1.With Iron Judgement coming, CDPR is mad if they think any damage ability we currently have on bronze unit can do anything

2.Only special card can do decent damage is a dumb idea, right there with reach removal. First they still don't do enough damage. Second special card leaves no body on board and removes one reduces the interaction between players.

3.Combine 1 and 2 you get to the worst state Gwent can be since Homecoming. Everyone will just use meta archetype (because appearantly it's how we do things again now) and force to bring special cards (because if you don't, you will need gold unit to control bronze engines), and building their own sand castle on their side without even have to watch other side of the board. Not to mention the hyper thin is back, people can bring 10 10+ provision cards and 15 4provision card because you will get all your gold anyway

Iron Judgement reveals so far are disappointing. Except bounty deck (which exist because an entire new mechnic is introduced), Both Crimson Curse and Syndicate expansion failed to bring new strong interative decks, and seems like Iron Judgement is going to follow the footstep

I support CDPR with cash money (even tho I have 125k scraps unspent) everytime an expansion is out, but if Gwent is only going to go back their old state and be interesting for 7 days each time an expansion is out, I will soon lose interest

There are still decks with far too much control/damage

I like the card reveals quite a lot and look forward to this one more than the Syndicate release.

Second special card leaves no body on board and removes one
That is exactly the point, why special cards are the main source of removing units. If you can negate the last play of your enemy and get an additional body on the board that means the game will just swing back and force, with nothing ever reached and previous turns meaning nothing.

So, instead of being able to counter every single card of your enemy, players have to decide which are the important ones and have to play around that. And nevertheless, there are even control decks possible in factions which are supposed to do so.

If something needs to change, locks have to become easier available with less impact, by making locks last only for a couple of turns and adding more lock effects to the game. That way it would be possible to shut an engine down only for a short time until you are able to deal with it elseway.

1.With Iron Judgement coming, CDPR is mad if they think any damage ability we currently have on bronze unit can do anything

2.Only special card can do decent damage is a dumb idea, right there with reach removal. First they still don't do enough damage. Second special card leaves no body on board and removes one reduces the interaction between players.
No, no and no, we have plenty of control decks already, enough with the control BS. Last patch made scorch/yen's invo/korathi heatwave quite popular, that's enough.

Agree with what others have said, control options seem good. We also now have more reasons to run purify. Also I'm maybe seeing row effects make a comeback as a possible control measure?? Especially for defender anyway..

There are still decks with far too much control/damage

I like the card reveals quite a lot and look forward to this one more than the Syndicate release.
No, no and no, we have plenty of control decks already, enough with the control BS. Last patch made scorch/yen's invo/korathi heatwave quite popular, that's enough.
Agree with what others have said, control options seem good. We also now have more reasons to run purify. Also I'm maybe seeing row effects make a comeback as a possible control measure?? Especially for defender anyway..

Quite interesting argument
Show me a good control deck now

People like you just don't think about what new expansion will bring

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im not a fan of control overall, last month i think i created a thread detailing exactly it's problems, on how effective it is against decks trying to build something, and this is not just a gwent HC thing, it also happened in betas.

However, this expansion really shaked things a bit. It didnt made control bad, just "old control" bad, mostly because of armor and defenders.

And there's a bigger problem here - when a metadeck really has no decent counters.

Look at the new rowdy dwarf deck, that's been generating so much buzz. There's no good counter for them, Lambert Swordmaster is good but not good enough for that scenario.

And when you add that to a Francesca... sorry, Mystic Echo deck, well, we'll have another month of stale meta, even with all these new cards.

Im not a fan of control overall, last month i think i created a thread detailing exactly it's problems, on how effective it is against decks trying to build something, and this is not just a gwent HC thing, it also happened in betas.

However, this expansion really shaked things a bit. It didnt made control bad, just "old control" bad, mostly because of armor and defenders.

And there's a bigger problem here - when a metadeck really has no decent counters.

Look at the new rowdy dwarf deck, that's been generating so much buzz. There's no good counter for them, Lambert Swordmaster is good but not good enough for that scenario.

And when you add that to a Francesca... sorry, Mystic Echo deck, well, we'll have another month of stale meta, even with all these new cards.

Exactly what I am talking about
Post automatically merged:

Is this a joke? Which NG control deck would you like to see?

How about one that effectively counters dwarf echo ?

Exactly what I am talking about

How about one that effectively counters dwarf echo ?
Dwarf echo being OP has nothing to do with this topic. CDPR gave an already strong deck a bunch of over tuned golds. Of course it's going to be OP. Defenders need to be fixed ASAP.

I see a lot of really strong decks besides dwarves.

Guest 4368268

I think less damage will be needed if engines are more based on boosting mutuals rather than board wiping the opponent. In OB playing against NR meant you'd be going up against a strong deck with usually 2/3 strong removals/controls of their own (Margarita, Seltkirk, Dethmold) you'd still be able to generate points of your own. Which of the opponents engines you'd remove and which ones of yours they'd let live was a key strategic element.

These bronze 4p cards with their shield/armor and now defender cards surrounding them that get charge(s) per turn just feel a whole lot worse than having a few powerful removals (even if tutored) I think these cards are very oppressive because not only are they you gaining points per turn but you often ensure your opponent cannot which makes games (especially losses) feel very frustrating in my experience.

I recently played a arachas queen deck with vran warriors. With the changes of this card my deck has no longer any interaction with the enemy board. The weird thing is that there are no monster cards which are able to do so (exept special cards).

I guess the OP is right. They've overdone it. Removal is no longer useful.

If you take the new defenders into account combined with swarm decks you are left with 3-4 special cards to counter many decks.

My take is that we could use a purify enemy unit card of 4 provisions now since Defender became a thing to protect harming engines. Since too much removal in a deck is boring for me and especially not a challenge at all for my brain, I do not run removal cards too much, which makes Defender even a bigger problem when it cannot be killed.

Top Bottom