[BUG] Dropped Witcher gear disappears after time

+
[BUG] Dropped Witcher gear disappears after time

Since there's no storage option like a chest or something to drop items you want to keep but don't want to carry it with you all the time, I'm using the game mechanics that allow you to drop items on the ground and game remembers that so the items always stay there, so I just drop items I want to keep close to fast travel point, mostly in the Novigrad's market. That mechanics woks fine for every item except witcher gear. I played through the whole second half of my first playthrough while having about 300 items (books, letters, trophies, unique swords and armors) dropped in one area divided to few stacks. Even some random items from the fights I had to drop because I reached the limit have been in the same exact spot through the whole game, but when now on my second playthrough I dropped some witcher gear and I got back there later it was gone. I lost this way my Kaer Mohren armor with the rest of the default set (unique even there are items with the same name) and two starting swords.

After PS4 patch 1.04 even non-witcher gear and items dropped from inventory disappear. Funny thing, items from enemies you don't loot stays there forever.

Will it be fixed or will there be added some kind of a chest or place to deposit items (the obvious location would be Vivaldi's bank). Other solution would be change the prices at loan shark so you can pawn things and later get it back at the same price, not like now that you have to pay 100x more than you get from selling.

Just happened to me!!! I just lost all my items dropped near the square in Novigrad... and my previous save game is days behind my actual save and with dozens of quests yet to be made...

Really sad... hope that patch 1.07 MIGHT help on this issue...

EDIT: Including my platform: Xbox One and version: 1.05

Last edited:
Sell your gear (until we get the stash) to a merchant in Novigrad and it should stay in their inventory.

Top Bottom