[BUG] - Feedback Loop Perk Drains RAM & Kills V

+
There is a pretty severe gamebreaking bug going on with the Feedback Loop perk which instead of increasing RAM recovery for each quickhack currently in queue, it's instead reducing RAM Recovery so far it becomes negative and starts DRAINING RAM instead, entirely crippling the Netrunner playstyle.

Going from 46% Ram Recovery down into -56% Ram Recovery.

Video showcase (Notice the RAM start permanently being drained mid-fight);

Last edited:
Wow, that's a nasty one.

I have "Feedback Loop", but I haven't noticed anything fishy. Could be because after taking the perk I haven't really used queues yet. I'll test it in a bit.

Oh... annoying :(
I almost activate this perk before reading your post... Negative RAM recovery is permanent or "simply" temporary?
Because, yes, to avoid at all cost if permanent!!!

Well, I tested it against the first enemies I found, but the only change I observed was my RAM regen rate going up, from 40% to 47%, and, in a different battle, to 53%.

I don't have anything else that would increase my RAM recovery in combat. Checked all perks, cyberware, and items.

(I do have mods, but all they do is remove the vignette and the attribute check scaling. Absolutely nothing related to combat in any way.)

Thanks for testing it out as well, I somewhat figured out why it's happening;

It's combination of Feedback Loop perk + Raven Cyberdeck + Contagion and possibly Spillover ultimate perk (50% chance for hacks to spread while Overclocked).

Because I have the Raven Cyberdeck which makes Contagion upload simultaneously to all targets instead of uploading 1 by 1, any quickhack uploaded while Contagion is uploading counts as a QUEUE.

So because I'm gaining so many stacks so fast due to hacks jumping and jumping and jumping all over the place, I'm actually entirely overshooting the buff's table/curve set which is then sending me straight into negative percentages.

After further testing I've even managed to go down to -136% RAM recovery.

Here's an example with Contagion + Overheat too;

I've also in a rare circumstance managed to shoot up to +174% RAM recovery and I also noticed that the buff persists permanently until a save is reloaded.

A bit of Googling also shows other people having the same issues with it;
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/16uxu6m
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/16tyxvb

It possibly could happen even without the Raven cyberdeck and Contagion because it's all about the stacks, but Raven + Contagion is a guaranteed way to trigger the bug.

I have a similar bug with Overclock on Raven, only in my case ram just stops recover period! And with Camillo Ram Manager cyberwere it also looks like it recover ram backwards.. sorry no footage to prove it.
Could be fix very easy by F5 -F9 combo, but there is times when you can't quicksave.

This bug seems to still persist. I just hit -11% RAM recovery using Overclock + Raven and hitting four enemies with malfunction + short circuit. I waited 5 minutes (not in combat) to see if the non-combat recovery rate would kick in or if the recovery rate would change. It did not. I saved the game, then loaded the save and it seems to have corrected itself.

Yes, unfortunately it still persists and save/reload only temporarily clears it until it happens again.

I currently have no info whether Support is fixing this or not, because infuriatingly enough after I already sent the initial fully detailed bug report in October with the save file, a video and clear-as-crystal reproduction steps, I only this week got back a response to just verify the game.

So I sent them again a reply that verification has no effect on this because it's an in-game bug and once again told how to easily reproduce it, given them a fresh save to test and this video of me reaching a whooping -187% ram recovery;

The yellow part of the email was entirely ignored and all I got was a "Please redownload the entire game", which I've already done countless of times for the other 25+ bugs I reported since 2.0. So now I'm waiting in Support Purgatory waiting to see what happens with this bug.

Ampee

Forum regular
Yes, unfortunately it still persists and save/reload only temporarily clears it until it happens again.

I currently have no info whether Support is fixing this or not, because infuriatingly enough after I already sent the initial fully detailed bug report in October with the save file, a video and clear-as-crystal reproduction steps, I only this week got back a response to just verify the game.

So I sent them again a reply that verification has no effect on this because it's an in-game bug and once again told how to easily reproduce it, given them a fresh save to test and this video of me reaching a whooping -187% ram recovery;

The yellow part of the email was entirely ignored and all I got was a "Please redownload the entire game", which I've already done countless of times for the other 25+ bugs I reported since 2.0. So now I'm waiting in Support Purgatory waiting to see what happens with this bug.
Same here, I have reported the "Warden SMG" "flickering vinyl" bug and I've exchanged 3-4 letters with them that goes:
-Redownload the game
-Install latest nvidia drivers
-Am I using mods (which was a form question, so they already knew whether I used mods or not)
-Verify the game files

No comment..........

Same here, I have reported the "Warden SMG" "flickering vinyl" bug and I've exchanged 3-4 letters with them that goes:
-Redownload the game
-Install latest nvidia drivers
-Am I using mods (which was a form question, so they already knew whether I used mods or not)
-Verify the game files

No comment..........
-Some problems can persist in save files regardless of doing a fresh install.
-Nvidia drivers are not infallible and release with bugs as well, just recently I decided to skip an update until another came out.
-Does using a mod make you ineligible for bug reporting? I'm not sure what the reasonable answer here is tbh, I could argue either side.
-Verifying file integrity can break some mods if they replace core files or configs.

There was a bug in an old version of the game that could cause the dangling things in the doorways of Wakako's parlor to leave a permanent sound effect on you. Every time you walked you would hear them. For me it persisted through a fresh install of the game, and the only solution I found that worked involved loading a really old save file before my current one and then making a new save. Some people reportedly got it to quit by changing sound profiles or graphical settings like screen space reflections and who knows what else.

I'm not sure what my original point was gonna be anymore... Hope everyone enjoys troubleshooting.

Chooms,

I come bearing news from the nightmarish cyberspace devastated by technical email wars. Data is now being gathered about this bug.

"Never stop fighting" - Johnny Silverhand :LOL:

Ampee

Forum regular
Chooms,

I come bearing news from the nightmarish cyberspace devastated by technical email wars. Data is now being gathered about this bug.

"Never stop fighting" - Johnny Silverhand :LOL:
Great to hear!
I wasn't so lucky with my "warden SMG clip flickering issue". They told me they are unable to repro it EVEN with my save files.

That's odd, because it's flickering for me too.

I have no clue how they sometimes manage to not reproduce stuff, because for example when I reported bugs with System Collapse quickhack they also said they are not having any issues on their end despite thousands of people reporting it. Only after I persisted a tiny bit have they started gathering data on it.

I suggest trying out all the graphical settings, seeing if it's DLSS or RTX or whatever (I bet Johnny's balls that it's RTX). One of the graphical settings is 100% doing it.

Ampee

Forum regular
That's odd, because it's flickering for me too.

I have no clue how they sometimes manage to not reproduce stuff, because for example when I reported bugs with System Collapse quickhack they also said they are not having any issues on their end despite thousands of people reporting it. Only after I persisted a tiny bit have they started gathering data on it.

I suggest trying out all the graphical settings, seeing if it's DLSS or RTX or whatever (I bet Johnny's balls that it's RTX). One of the graphical settings is 100% doing it.
Tried fiddling around with the settings. Turning off raytracing, turning on path tracing, res decrease, shadows to low etc...you get the point I think.
None helped. Maybe the flickering was a bit different due to some settings but it was still clearly visible.

Top Bottom