[BUG] Police not responding

+

Who has the same bug?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When roaming the streets of Night City, I have noticed a bizarre behavior exhibited by the police AI. It appears that law enforcement officers completely ignore the player character, regardless of any illegal activities they may be engaged in, until the player walks through the scanner at the corpo plaza apartment. Upon doing so, the police suddenly become aware of the player's presence and respond aggressively, as expected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/16uyitl

A lot of people have this bug. I don't, but the Barghest 'police' in dogtown don't react to anything I do, including shooting them in the face.

I started noticing this bug when I was trying to show off the new police system. I noticed that even when I shot a police officer on the street, he would be in a position to shoot and the alert would go up in his head, but the alert would quickly disappear and he would be back to square one. The police level does not appear even when killing civilians or even stealing cars in front of the police. From what I saw. I think this bug happens after completing Melissa Rory's mission. IDK

I'm really disappointed...
2.0 is very buggy..

CDPR developers if you read this, please fix this with 2.01
Post automatically merged:

CDPR Support came up with this…

Thank you for reaching out. Please ensure you have updated to the latest 2.01 version.

Please perform a clean installation of the game. Carefully follow all the steps below.
  1. Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to an external device (for example, SD card).
    Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
  2. Disable Steam Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077.
  3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
  4. Go to your Steam directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it.
  5. Remove:
    • REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
    • Cyberpunk 2077 and REDEngine folders from %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
    • mods folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
    • mod folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc
    • plugins folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
    • scripts folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6
    • red4ext folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\red4ext
  6. Restart your PC.
  7. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again on an SSD. Do not install any mods.
    If you are installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed, to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings, make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders. Example path after installation: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
  8. Copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
  9. Run the game and see if the issue still occurs.
  10. Re-enable Steam Cloud if you want.

Last edited:
CDPR developers if you read this, please fix this with 2.01
Post automatically merged:

CDPR Support came up with this…

Thank you for reaching out. Please ensure you have updated to the latest 2.01 version.

Please perform a clean installation of the game. Carefully follow all the steps below.
  1. Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to an external device (for example, SD card).
    Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
  2. Disable Steam Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077.
  3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
  4. Go to your Steam directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it.
  5. Remove:
    • REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
    • Cyberpunk 2077 and REDEngine folders from %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
    • mods folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
    • mod folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc
    • plugins folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
    • scripts folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6
    • red4ext folder from ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\red4ext
  6. Restart your PC.
  7. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again on an SSD. Do not install any mods.
    If you are installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed, to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings, make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders. Example path after installation: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
  8. Copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
  9. Run the game and see if the issue still occurs.
  10. Re-enable Steam Cloud if you want.
Again? How many times I need to do this? Hahahah

2.01 PC, Maybe something else, but also not looking natural, especially that CDP wrote they improved police reaction system.

After doing mayhem seen on screen, killing all police with missiles, Maxtac didn't showed up, the 5 stars magically disappeared, and a bit farther down the street two police officers on patrol were completely not interested in the burning wreckages.

Not much immersive, to say the least.
Difficulty hard.

2023-10-05_2245_1.png

2023-10-05_2246_1.png

Top Bottom