BUG: The Game Crashes During Sign in

+
Games crashes as I click Sign In (after today's update)

I already verified the files and unsinstalled and installed the game.

Still everytime I sign in the game it crashes with two errors; Some are "Oops" and creates a log report (which I upload here) and the other is just Gwent.exe stopped working.

I ask for your kind help.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Crash_reports.zip
    122.3 KB · Views: 52
Uninstall Gwent -> reboot pc -> install Gwent
that worked for me.
Gwent still crashes when trying to exit game - but that's not a big problem ;)

Please do not access the file in that error message. We are trying to confirm if it came from CDPR.

For now, try installing the redistributables that come with the installation package; should be in your installation directory in a folder called redist. Alternatively, install / repair all of the following from Microsoft.com: DirectX 11 or 12, DirectX 9.0c, .NET Framework, Visual C++, and Visual Studio. For C++ and Studio, install all versions going back to 2010.

Last edited:
I am having the exact same problem and the same window pops up for me. I submitted a bug report just incase. I am going to try reinstalling everything to see if that helps.

I have the same problem, as well. Never crashed before, after the latest patch it does when I try to sign in. PC running windows 10. I tried signing in from my laptop, also running windows 10 and it crashes there, as well, so I guess it is not my PC that has the problem. Please, fix cannot live without gwent!!!

Here's some troubleshooting direct from CDPR:

The issue seems to be related to the install process.

1.) The best solution is to uninstall Gwent, restart you PC, then install Gwent again.

2.) Run repair a few times through GOG / Galaxy, and sometimes the game begins working correctly.

3.) Running in administrator mode seems to have helped for some users.

I also have this problem. Without reinstaling Im simply trying to connect till it works. Sometimes I need only one try to connect, sometimes connection is established after 3rd attempt. I hope they will fix this issue in the near future.

I managed to uninstall both gog and gwent..did the reboot and re install and reboot .. it works fine so far...except when i exit from the game it says it has stopped working and crashes out ..
Like someone else said, im fine with that :victory:

Yeah, even though it didn't crash anymore when trying to sign-in, now it's crashing when I quit the game, as a couple of users above mentioned. Not a big problem, sure, since I was going to quit anyway, but obviously something's not right.

You have to delete it and reinstall it, happened to me a couple times. This update is complete BS, these loading screens on cards that give you a hourglass! That's minuscule compared to what they've done with the decks. Its thrown things out of balance so far there are opponents you cant win a round against cause how badly they've castrated some decks! They should have named this update Northern Realms update after this crap. Northern realms can have all 3 rows all gold cards now and you cant do crap about it! its nonsense honestly the only tool you could have used to at least try to win was demetrium bomb but now it only stops 5 cards which is complete garbage, on top of that the Commanders horn only allows 5 cards to be leveled!!!! I honestly wouldn't be on here if it wasnt that bad but its terrible I honestly played this game 12 hours of the day almost since its release but I honestly gave up on this update everything is so unbalanced now. You had a fighting chance against anything if you know how to play your cards now your tools are all taken away

Something weird just happened to me - Played game, opponent after second round stopped responding, he got roped and... nothing happen. Game stayed in that state (rope timer at 0 and still in opponents turn). I tried to concede - didn't work. So I closed game manually - and another surprise - game is crashing again after trying to sign in. I will try to reinstall it after reboot - but just don't have time to reinstall game every day for few times... Someone did very poor job with testing this release :(

mighty_soso;n8204410 said:
Something weird just happened to me - Played game, opponent after second round stopped responding, he got roped and... nothing happen. Game stayed in that state (rope timer at 0 and still in opponents turn). I tried to concede - didn't work. So I closed game manually - and another surprise - game is crashing again after trying to sign in. I will try to reinstall it after reboot - but just don't have time to reinstall game every day for few times... Someone did very poor job with testing this release :(

I've also had this issue.

Top Bottom