Burza: No balance patch coming with next update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4368268

Disappointing. Feels like it's been some 3/4 months ago that the games' balance got any real noteworthy attention (apart from the expansion of course)

Attachments

• pawel.png
    pawel.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 307

DRK3

Forum veteran
Oh well, another month of Pincer Maneuver, Mystic Echo, Falibor, Philippa, Waters of Brokilon, Oak, Radeyah, Matta Hu'uri, Etriel and Murliega, Treason, NG Poison, and such...

Yes that is disappointing. I have had enough of seeing the same scenarios played out the same way in the same decks over and over again. Pincer Bombardment is so irritating that I want to quit as soon as I que into it, and the Usurper Lockdown solution may be even more irritating than the problem itself. In fact it all may be more irritating than the Sihil no unit deck days.... and yet I seem to keep playing the game. I guess on some level I enjoy being irritated for hours on end.

1578446373076.png

Lol, just Lol.
Devs care less and less every month. No communication, no balance, no effort......no future for Gwent.
I hope they change their ways soon.

This is so typical.

I guess we can expect another expansion soon. They just want to make new cards for people to buy.
Post automatically merged:

Oh well, another month of Pincer Maneuver, Mystic Echo, Falibor, Philippa, Waters of Brokilon, Oak, Radeyah, Matta Hu'uri, Etriel and Murliega, Treason, NG Poison, and such...

I am used to bad balancing or no balancing at all but it is crazy how they have left the leaders to rot for so long. Everyone knows they are a huge glaring problem. I guess the devs are cool with a few leaders dominating the game and the rest sitting around doing nothing but tricking noobs into using them for a bit.

Payus

Forum regular
This is clearly bad right now, not 2 ways about it. I wonder if at least this can be good in the long run, if CDPR is delaying the patch because they are taking a serious approach that requires enough time to propperly test and assure a relative balance, instead of rushing a patch with half baked solutions.

I mean, that is my hope at least.

We might see deep changes next patch, beyond card changes (maybe leader skill tune up?)

This month is going to be a bit dull and repetitive, let's hope it was worth the wait.

I wonder if at least this can be good in the long run, if CDPR is delaying the patch because they are taking a serious approach that requires enough time to propperly test and assure a relative balance, instead of rushing a patch with half baked solutions.

I have lost all optimism on something like that. That would be so much more than what I am expecting.

Payus

Forum regular
I have lost all optimism on something like that. That would be so much more than what I am expecting.

It is up to you and your perceived expectations. Yes, Cdpr hasn't a spotless record. But imho they do deserve a little faith, for they have delivered at least as many time as they have failed.

Balancing this game is no easy feat, i wouldn't want to be the one in charge, but if they take a step back they might gain some insight and make fundamental changes, at least there is a chance :)

It is up to you and your perceived expectations. Yes, Cdpr hasn't a spotless record. But imho they do deserve a little faith, for they have delivered at least as many time as they have failed.

Balancing this game is no easy feat, i wouldn't want to be the one in charge, but if they take a step back they might gain some insight and make fundamental changes, at least there is a chance :)

Yeah maybe you are right. Maybe I should just think about all of the recent patches and that will change my mind...... Last patch they kicked me off my chosen platform and forced me to move to a cruddy laptop that can't even properly run all of the premiums cards I have collected for years. That was nice. The patch before that disappointed me enough that I immediately made a thread about it called Update 4.1 is a bad joke. The patch before that was pretty thin on balance changes. Leaders have been stale for I don't even remember how long. Yeah I don't know, I think I'll keep my expectations very very low this time.

if they don't have time to make some nuanced changes, just take a few provisions off from the obviously best leader abilities, these are the same ones for months now...

Payus

Forum regular
Yeah maybe you are right. Maybe I should just think about all of the recent patches and that will change my mind...... Last patch they kicked me off my chosen platform and forced me to move to a cruddy laptop that can't even properly run all of the premiums cards I have collected for years. That was nice. The patch before that disappointed me enough that I immediately made a thread about it called Update 4.1 is a bad joke. The patch before that was pretty thin on balance changes. Leaders have been stale for I don't even remember how long. Yeah I don't know, I think I'll keep my expectations very very low this time.

Of course.
I'm not trying to change anybody's minds or expectations, just adding my two cents, putting a positive spin on bleak news.
You won't be dissapointed if you fear the worst, that's true.

Maybe they wanted to get more data to evaluate the latest expansion properly :shrug:.

I'm disappointed that the Meta won't change for another month. It's not a horrible one but could definitely be better and more diverse.

I really like the new NR shield units and created a deck that is fun to play. Only problem is it has 0% win ability against NG and ST. NG has so many cards that are happy to see and crush my Immortals (and other shielded or big units), it is ridiculous. It's like adding win conditions in favor of your opponent (Yes Vincent, I'm looking at you and your poison-thirsty gang).
I'm also a bit disappointed that the new SK beasts and druids don't work well with older beasts and druids. Crows don't like bears and wolves I guess. It's like different decktypes, just that the new one is much better than the old one (something like beast discard).

Lexor

Forum veteran
I wonder if at least this can be good in the long run, if CDPR is delaying the patch because they are taking a serious approach that requires enough time to propperly test
They were on winter holidays and did not have a time to do anything.

By looking at Gwent's history of devs/community communication I'm not expecting "serious approach" from CDPR anymore.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I knew there will be a ton of negativity on the forum after I read this news on reddit and oh boy, you didn't disappoint :)

There were 4 expansions in 9 months + mobile release + numerous balance patches + a few bigger reworks. I agree not all of it was good, but give the team some breathing space, for god's sake! Most likely they had a holiday break (well deserved), so balance patch isn't ready yet.

There are many viable decks to choose from, just play the decks you didn't play this season. Or replay witcher 3. Or whatever. You'll survive.

Lexor

Forum veteran
There were 4 expansions in 9 months + mobile release + numerous balance patches + a few bigger reworks. I agree not all of it was good, but give the team some breathing space, for god's sake! Most likely they had a holiday break (well deserved), so balance patch isn't ready yet.
The things are:
- "holiday breaks" do not prevent many other online game companies to release updates on shedule.
- CDPR still treats Gwent like some single player offline game which Gwent is not.

Yes, everyone (even developer) has right to get a free time from work, but that's what careful planning is for.

For example:
- CDPR could NOT release new expansion in December (EVEN if it was ready to release) and just do some balance patch.
- And then, they could release this new expansion in January.

Such order of things as I proposed above will help PS players to get their accounts transferred before expansion release and would make all of us much more happy (every month = something new to do).

Guest 4368268

I knew there will be a ton of negativity on the forum after I read this news on reddit and oh boy, you didn't disappoint :)

There are many viable decks to choose from, just play the decks you didn't play this season. Or replay witcher 3. Or whatever. You'll survive.
When you complain about 'negativity' 1 sentence into your post you don't really have to point out you've come from Reddit, it shows. If you wanna see 50 different 'Thanks CDPR!' posts every day, Reddit is your place.

Here people sometimes have criticism and articulate why. It's not a circlejerk where 'undesirable' opinions get buried under downvotes. Yes, there's been a ton of changes, expansions etc. but monthly balance patches have left a lot to be desired ever since Mystic Echo/Francesca became meta.

If it were simply this particular month where changes were underwhelming you wouldn't have heard so much dissapointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom