Can someone explain the major differences for hacking between 1.63 and 2.0?

+
Can someone explain the major differences for hacking between 1.63 and 2.0? For me this was always a car driving and fps shooter game and i never used hacking much, I want to understand the differences to understand the controversy.

Cars now hadle like a trash. Even a starting car can go up to 90 km/h and drift if you try to turn way to much.

Economy changed - you find way less money in the open, but selling weapons suddenly became profitable.

Healing and graneds now percs and not consumables.

Crafting became more accecable less materials to worry about, but now crafting materials harder to get.

Cops are there... they're more active, but still trash and you need to actively provoke them to have GTA level of mayhem.

RIP armour system.

Even starting cyber deck now have 4 slots for programs and 6 energy that refill during the fight without percs or consumables

And people are talking that leveling for enemies was added.

Cars now hadle like a trash. Even a starting car can go up to 90 km/h and drift if you try to turn way to much.

Economy changed - you find way less money in the open, but selling weapons suddenly became profitable.

Crafting became more accecable less materials to worry about, but now crafting materials harder to get.

Cops are there... they're more active, but still trash and you need to actively provoke them to have GTA level of mayhem.

RIP armour system.

Even starting cyber deck now have 4 slots for programs and 6 energy that refill during the fight without percs or consumables

The cars handle fine, if anything they're better than they've ever been. It was way, way too easy to break traction before. It was absurd. The starter car is front-wheel drive, it will torque steer pretty bad if you break traction which is probably what you're experiencing. There is some level of realism in the driving physics, can't really throw the cars around like you would in GTA.

I've just started a fresh playthrough, so I'm still getting used to everything.

Fights are a lot harder in a good way. You can no longer rush into a room and cut your enemies down without either dying or taking some pretty serious damage. You have to be a bit more methodical. Melee combat has improved drastically. Movement feels more intuitive. Skill tree has been completely reworked.

Many UI changes and QOL fixes.

New weapons, some tweaked, some removed(?) but don't quote me on that.

Cyberware is handled entirely differently.

Streets feel more alive. Police actively patrol streets. Gangs will sometimes break into fights, cops will intervene. Watched a civilian NPC crash into a cruiser by accident and then watched the police turn on the sirens and begin a pursuit. That was pretty awesome.

The streets in general feel more populated than before.

Stamina system completely reworked, I quite like it.

Firing your weapon will actively drain your stamina and lower accuracy as it depletes.

Sprinting no longer uses stamina, nor does jumping.

This is all I've got for now from my last two sessions.

Are you sure? Car handling seems very precise, and steering gets stiffer on high speeds which I like. However I still feel some motorbikes and some trucks oversteer too quickly.
This is how hacking used to play like at max level. Now it is nerfed into oblivion. Everyone is forced to use guns and play the same.
I used to play like that too, I played on very hard, and just used contagion or system reset. I think it was too easy. However the 2.0 changes appear to force players to get closer to the targets (however I have not tried it yet) Is that true?

Can someone explain the major differences for hacking between 1.63 and 2.0? For me this was always a car driving and fps shooter game and i never used hacking much, I want to understand the differences to understand the controversy.

In 1.63 playing Netrunner was focused on range and stealth, quite boring to some, fun for others. And it snowballed quickly, by lvl 15 you could be amazingly OP.

In 2.0 you are esentially forced to engage enemies in close quarters sooner or later as you run out of RAM quickly or are far easier to detect. And the snowballing was reduced significantly, by introducing perks that require multiple points investments to go further into better stuff.

For 3 years we had THE "stealth archer" of Cyberpunk and let me tell you it's a powerfantasy choice for A LOT of people... But now suddenly we have a battlemage.

That's a tl;dr version.

In 1.63 playing Netrunner was focused on range and stealth, quite boring to some, fun for others. And it snowballed quickly, by lvl 15 you could be amazingly OP.

In 2.0 you are esentially forced to engage enemies in close quarters sooner or later as you run out of RAM quickly or are far easier to detect. And the snowballing was reduced significantly, by introducing perks that require multiple points investments to go further into better stuff.

For 3 years we had THE "stealth archer" of Cyberpunk and let me tell you it's a powerfantasy choice for A LOT of people... But now suddenly we have a battlemage.

That's a tl;dr version.
That is an interesting point. So the "have to get close" is not a hard set thing, it is just that you run out of ram and the npcs start looking for you?
If that is the case then not much has changed. I just played on my main character (level 43) and I was still able to use contagion, and it took out 3 enemies, the other 4 came out attacking and I could just stand in the open and aim and shoot with a nue pistol and win the fight (on normal difficulty)

I feel the game is far too easy with hacking even in 2.0. I could haev also just stayed behind cover and wait for the next contagion to fire

Are you sure? Car handling seems very precise, and steering gets stiffer on high speeds which I like. However I still feel some motorbikes and some trucks oversteer too quickly.
Muscle memory playing against me with handling, but I'm pretty sure starting car acting worse than it used to.

I can say that it's much better that you can just purchase cars via terminal, but I never forget the feeling when I was forced to purchase "the first" and how it looked like in person.

Top-tier System Reset now costs 28 RAM instead of 12. Top-tier Short Circuit doesn't one-shot anymore. Anyone 200hrs into a playthrough which leaned heavily into those is having a real bad time now.

Regardless of the overall new balance of hacking, which I prefer, I am annoyed that playing non-lethal has gotten so much harder since most quickhacks lead to kills now. Non-lethal players already couldn't use big name hacks like Suicide, Detonate, and Cyberpsychosis without taking advantage of an oversight with the now-removed Target Analysis eye mod. Things like making Contagion lethal just feels unnecessary and I hope they revisit this, on top of adding a Kiroshi that makes attacks non-lethal again.

Regardless of the overall new balance of hacking, which I prefer, I am annoyed that playing non-lethal has gotten so much harder since most quickhacks lead to kills now. Non-lethal players already couldn't use big name hacks like Suicide, Detonate, and Cyberpsychosis without taking advantage of an oversight with the now-removed Target Analysis eye mod. Things like making Contagion lethal just feels unnecessary and I hope they revisit this, on top of adding a Kiroshi that makes attacks non-lethal again.
Putting people in a bin now counts as "lethal".

It always counted as lethal, since day one ;)
Since day one, when you have a non-lethal optional objective, if you put an unconscious dude in a container, whatever the container, the dude is considered as dead and the objective fail.
How about that. RIP all those guys I deliberately knocked out and tidied up, thinking they'd all walk away with a headache and a new sense of purpose. Now I feel like maybe I was the bad guy all along.

Never recalled failing an objective though. Sure, there were guys it wouldn't let me put in the bin, but I figured that was just plot-armour!

Never recalled failing an objective though. Sure, there were guys it wouldn't let me put in the bin, but I figured that was just plot-armour!
By searching a bit on the forum, you should find discussion about that since release. The most recurrent is about the GIG for Dakota, during which you have to free a guy in a Militech camp. Ideally, (optional objective) without killing anyone. It directly fail if you put a guy in a container ;)

RIP armour system.

What the hell is this post.

Weapons were always the main source of your income mid to lategame, now they just also cost a lot in the early game.

Car handling all varies per vehicle. Many cars, especially sports ones are much more responsive now.

Healing and grenades aren't perks, they are rechargeable consumables that you can UPGRADE with perks. You just don't get hem in unlimited amounts from the ground or crafting.

Cops are trash = feedback.

Armor is just migrated to cyberware. I suppose you could lament the loss of mods for clothing, but now you have cyberware mods instead.

What the hell is this post.

Weapons were always the main source of your income mid to lategame, now they just also cost a lot in the early game.

Car handling all varies per vehicle. Many cars, especially sports ones are much more responsive now.

Healing and grenades aren't perks, they are rechargeable consumables that you can UPGRADE with perks. You just don't get hem in unlimited amounts from the ground or crafting.

Cops are trash = feedback.

Armor is just migrated to cyberware. I suppose you could lament the loss of mods for clothing, but now you have cyberware mods instead.
But armour... isn't just migrated... it's completely gone after the update. The clothes I was wearihg had armour properties and now they don't. Now I have to choose cyberware based on its armour properties rather than its utility.

You could argue that you had to pick clothes based on armour rather than aesthetics, but that issue was already fixed by the outfits option in 1.63.

The car handling is... not great. Just look what they have done to my boy - the Shion Coyote - it handles like the bloody Batmobile in Arkham Knight!

And maybe I liked yeeting grenades about the place when I got into a jam. I had enough of them and could do that if I wanted to.

And the abundance of police is a pain.

All of these things would have been great if I'd had the choice. They might even a great addition for PL. But it sucks absolute arse to have your 200hr first/only play through utterly f**ked right before endgame, by a bunch of gamebreaking changes I had no choice but to apply.

But armour... isn't just migrated... it's completely gone after the update. The clothes I was wearihg had armour properties and now they don't. Now I have to choose cyberware based on its armour properties rather than its utility.

You could argue that you had to pick clothes based on armour rather than aesthetics, but that issue was already fixed by the outfits option in 1.63.

The car handling is... not great. Just look what they have done to my boy - the Shion Coyote - it handles like the bloody Batmobile in Arkham Knight!

And maybe I liked yeeting grenades about the place when I got into a jam. I had enough of them and could do that if I wanted to.

And the abundance of police is a pain.

All of these things would have been great if I'd had the choice. They might even a great addition for PL. But it sucks absolute arse to have your 200hr first/only play through utterly f**ked right before endgame, by a bunch of gamebreaking changes I had no choice but to apply.
I think you're overvaluing armor. It's not necessary to max it out, especially if you take more stealthy or ranged approach. It becomes a tradeoff between armor and other stats that can make builds feel more unique.

Wardrobe indeed fixes the cosmetics, but one problem i noticed by watching streamers play through the game is that they don't even realise it exists and what it's for. It was a confusing feature for new players and i think that might've been the primary reason to rework clothing.

The problem with yeeting infinite grenades is that every build could be a grenadier if they wanted too. Now you need some investment to use them constantly and that makes it more personal. I guess a lot of changes to the game were in that direction - to separate different playstyles more, and make players work a little harder for the payoff. Harder does not always mean worse, it can make challenges more satisfying to overcome.

Abundance of police might be a preference, but i actually love it, because it makes Nigh City streets much more alive and dangerous, it feels like something wild can break out at any moment. You now pay more attention to surrounding, driving a little more carefully, rather than just cruising haphazardly, thinking twice before engaging in street combat. I love that, but it's definitely less chill than it was, and i understand why it can feel worse to you.

If you're feeling like you don't know where to start with the update, don't be ashamed to watch a guide to give you direction. I'd also recommend to start a new playthrough, because a lot of new features will be introduced gradually and you will have easier time to learn, and it also just feels fresh.

Top Bottom