Cannot Install or Start (Gwent) Homecoming

+
I can't install too. Alert message appears - Setup was unable to close all applications. What does that even mean?
https://imgur.com/a/dVr2usH

Win 10, reinstalling GOG Galaxy and Gwent didn't help. Currently they are installed _not_ int Program Files folder.

According to the requirements, yes, but I haven't been able to verify it myself. You can always try it and see if the game will run or not.

It's not possible, I've tried to install but it says NOT COMPATIBLE just above 1.0.0.15 version indicator. I really can't understand why 32 bits system players have been marginalized in this way. What happens with the money invested in previous version?Really annoying.

Ok have not been able to start Homecoming - tried reinstalling, run as admin. When I launch the game I get this picture. Any idea what this is?
IMG_2463 (1).jpg

I get the same dialog as punkzip. Then it immediately dissapears and the game doesn't load at all. At all, no loading screen, etc. SAME with Thronebreaker and GWENT. Other games are fine so it's limited to these two. I had previously had GWENT installed/played and had also pre-loaded Thronebreaker for playing yesterday.

TheRealMagicCookie,

What you describe is exactly what happens to me. I tried everything listed on the initial post in this thread to no avail. Don't have Thronebreaker. Please post here if you find the solution and I will do the same.
Post automatically merged:

I get the same dialog as punkzip. Then it immediately dissapears and the game doesn't load at all. At all, no loading screen, etc. SAME with Thronebreaker and GWENT. Other games are fine so it's limited to these two. I had previously had GWENT installed/played and had also pre-loaded Thronebreaker for playing yesterday.
TheRealMagicCookie,

What you describe is exactly what happens to me. I tried everything listed on the initial post in this thread to no avail. Don't have Thronebreaker. Please post here if you find the solution and I will do the same.

Screenshot (20).png

Pretty much title, not sure what to do since I've tried deleting stuff in AppData, restarted client, turned off anti-virus, restarted pc, verified/repaired a dozen times with no changes. Does anyone have this problem or a fix?

No solution yet. I have also tried all of the steps recommended. Even installing one of the games before the other, etc. But, as you say, you only have GWENT, not Thronebreaker, so I doubt that's the issue.

Pretty much title, not sure what to do since I've tried deleting stuff in AppData, restarted client, turned off anti-virus, restarted pc, verified/repaired a dozen times with no changes. Does anyone have this problem or a fix?

Completely reinstalling the game should fix this issue, otherwise look at the first first of this thread for more suggestions.

Second time I got this pop up, I have not done anything to the game files nor the directory, restarting the computer seemed to work but it appears the problem persists. Verifying/repairing doesn't seem to work.

What do I do?

Also, be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".

Basically the title.

I open gog, go to GWENT: The Witcher Cardgame hit installation and nothing happens, literally NOTHING, once i got the message "server Problem" on the top right and a window opend which i couldnt read as it disappeared immediately

so what do you do in that case?

Edit: gog client shows me Version 1.0.0.15 of the game, is it even the recent one?
Post automatically merged:

nice thread btw, first 2 pages are full of people not realizing the game wasnt released yet and the other page is for people not realizing they need the latest version

Last edited:
I open gog, go to GWENT: The Witcher Cardgame hit installation and nothing happens, literally NOTHING, once i got the message "server Problem" on the top right and a window opend which i couldnt read as it disappeared immediately

Edit: gog client shows me Version 1.0.0.15 of the game, is it even the recent one?

1.0.0.15 is indeed the correct version. As mentioned in the OP, please try the following:
  1. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  2. Disable your virus protection software / firewall and try to download/install Gwent again.
  3. Remove the following folders:
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Gwent"
  4. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

1.0.0.15 is indeed the correct version. As mentioned in the OP, please try the following:
  1. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  2. Disable your virus protection software / firewall and try to download/install Gwent again.
  3. Remove the following folders:
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Gwent"
  4. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

1. doesnt work
2. you'd wish, my software is perfectly fine
3. doesnt work
4. doesnt work
5. no not really
6. stands the "C" in CDPR for incompetence? or is the D? P? R? or all of them?

Hi everyone , i have the same issue but my game (sometime) tell me i'm not connect to gog ( which is wrong ) and then crashed : any idea ? ( i've got a intel hd Graphics Familly Card but it was enough for playing in the beta ) . Thanks you for you time

same here, I've had this window pop up every time I've tried to launch both Gwent and Homecoming. I've disabled all anti virus, removed all trackers, uninstalled and reinstalled many times, repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled GOG, and still I get nothing but this image upon trying to launch the game. My version is the correct 1.0.0.15

Should I file an issue with support separate from this forum or does support monitor this forum? Considering my issue seems to be a common issue I would be willing to just wait for a fix if someone is looking into it but happy to submit a separate support issue if folks think it makes sense.

Top Bottom