Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers

Yes, this has been known since launch. Linus (tech tips) got like a massive 8k , 3080 then 3090 to check stuff, and the saw the same, whatever, you can't hit much higher than 60-65 on those.

For the record, I am not sure why it is, on a non ray tracing gpu, I can play with settings so they peak above 60-65 but I always end up on that , but it's quite fine now for my gpu. Couldn't expect better perf. With yours however, of course one should expect more, but I think 60-65 with 3440x1440 , max settings, is anyway as good as one needs lol ,)

It's about the game been , they were so ambitious about this and wanted ot make it like 'the biggest game ever' proly, both in game and in gfx.. so ,they set a base, dlc's patches and so on will help develop the game and even just gaming in general. Pioneering within game engines is an ongoing art. It's incremental just as any large software codebase is. Not instant omg these days.

But ye, it is what it is, there is like a "limit" even if your hardware could probably power half a space station.

I just figured out my issue but it doesn't make any sense. If my in-game resolution is set to anything other than my desktop resolution it imposes a 60 fps limit. However if I drop my desktop resolution to 1080 and set in-game to 1080 I magically get over 100 fps like expected.

First ever post but just thought to chime in.

2080ti, Threadripper 2950x, 64GB Ram on a NVmE at 3440 x 1400

Psycho/Ultra/High Settings (No RT), 1440 (UW) I get 45-75fps

Low/Off Settings (No RT), 720p I also get 45-75fps

All DLSS settings have the same impact on performance (5-10 frame increase), and as you can see above all settings and resolutions have the same performance....ive tried getting this to work for days now.

Newest drivers on a clean DDU Safe Mode install, clean windows install, no Asus software (although the 2080ti is Asus), and ive done all the Hex Edits, NCP tweaks and windows tweaks....the game just isnt responding to settings. As a previous user mentioned, changing the settings does impact the visuals, but doesn't change FPS.

In game GPU load is 60-80ish%, while my CPU is at 20-30% (Checking in AfterBurner and TM)

Is it just the game at this point, or is there anything that anyone is aware of I can try?

Much appreciated :)

PS. Just to be clear, all I want to do is be able to lower my settings in game to get a smooth 60fps in all areas like many other benchmarks are showing is possible.

Last edited:
i have this issue low 65 71 fps i was with ai suit and all of asus and was getting 80 fps on ultra (custom) 2k 100s in low settings 1080p i wake up this morning game is stuck at 65 to 71 fps

I just got a pny 3090 xlr8 and was kinda disappointed with the framerate until I decided to literally turn every setting to lowest @ 1080p, my framerate is anywhere from 60-80ish, maxing every setting out I lose like 20fps which is absolutely ridiculous. My gpu usage is around 50% and nothing I've tried has fixed this from the hex edit to the memory allocation tweak, nada.
My cpu {3900x} usage seems to be normal, 60-90% and all threads are in use.

I downloaded cyber engine tweaks in the hopes that it might do it but it seems to not be working at all for me since the .05 patch just came out and the mod hasn't been updated yet. I really hope this does fix it when it gets updated because getting 70fps on the absolute lowest settings on a f*ing 3090 is ridiculous.

3 days ago i was playing fine getting 80 fps on ultra 2k (i dont rush my games) then weekend arrives i want to play cyberpunk and bam the game says no you will have 60 tp 71 fps

in the menu i used to have 240 fps 161 fps on the warning messages but then droped to 100 and 99 and then in game locked to 60 71 and drops to 50 while driving something i didnt even go 3 days ago with any godam option i use its frustrating since i canot refund on steam.

checked all vsync options even on nvidia inspector.

I just figured out my issue but it doesn't make any sense. If my in-game resolution is set to anything other than my desktop resolution it imposes a 60 fps limit. However if I drop my desktop resolution to 1080 and set in-game to 1080 I magically get over 100 fps like expected.

If your monitor is 60Hz and you play on Windowed Borderless mode, it will be capped to 60 fps no matter what. If you play on Fullscreen mode, it should not be capped anymore if you did not set any max fps value or vsync value on your own. With the virtual super resolution, you can then even choose resolutions higher than your native monitor resolution, it will also not be capped to 60 fps from my experience
Post automatically merged:

I just got a pny 3090 xlr8 and was kinda disappointed with the framerate until I decided to literally turn every setting to lowest @ 1080p, my framerate is anywhere from 60-80ish, maxing every setting out I lose like 20fps which is absolutely ridiculous. My gpu usage is around 50% and nothing I've tried has fixed this from the hex edit to the memory allocation tweak, nada.
My cpu {3900x} usage seems to be normal, 60-90% and all threads are in use.

I downloaded cyber engine tweaks in the hopes that it might do it but it seems to not be working at all for me since the .05 patch just came out and the mod hasn't been updated yet. I really hope this does fix it when it gets updated because getting 70fps on the absolute lowest settings on a f*ing 3090 is ridiculous.

3 days ago i was playing fine getting 80 fps on ultra 2k (i dont rush my games) then weekend arrives i want to play cyberpunk and bam the game says no you will have 60 tp 71 fps
in the menu i used to have 240 fps 161 fps on the warning messages but then droped to 100 and 99 and then in game locked to 60 71 and drops to 50 while driving something i didnt even go 3 days ago with any godam option i use its frustrating since i canot refund on steam.

checked all vsync options even on nvidia inspector.

Worth trying an in-place windows upgrade at this point. It won't hurt a thing and it may fix your issue if anything.

If your monitor is 60Hz and you play on Windowed Borderless mode, it will be capped to 60 fps no matter what. If you play on Fullscreen mode, it should not be capped anymore if you did not set any max fps value or vsync value on your own. With the virtual super resolution, you can then even choose resolutions higher than your native monitor resolution, it will also not be capped to 60 fps from my experience

Worth trying an in-place windows upgrade at this point. It won't hurt a thing and it may fix your issue if anything.

Didnt fix the issue for me. Settings/Resolution dont change performance.

I really have to create my account and thanks to everyone in this thread. My problem was solved via the Windows 10 in-place upgrade method by @jeffb0918

I didn't uninstall the AI Suite 3, just tried the win10 upgrade first and the problem seems to be fixed, now the FPS varies with different graphic settings. Before my FPS is fixed to 45-50 FPS in 1440p even with medium ray tracing, now with the same setting I can get 90 FPS ( I used this one:
)

My system is recently built Ryzen 5900x + Asus Strix X570-E + MSI 3090, I did use the AI Suite and its "optimization" after the build but haven't touch it since the windows in-place upgrade.

I just did a test and got my 4k TV from the loungeroom and plugged it into that....at native 4k im still getting the same FPS.

So that means 4k Native, 3440 x 1440, and 720p all have the same FPS range (all settings low or ultra, doesn't matter its the same numbers 50-65)

What does this mean? Im also guessing this is why my DLSS isnt really working, as its not/cant even down rez to begin with...

im up to date with updates all my other games just work fine like they used 2 is just cyberpunk ill redownload the game that now has the 1.05 patch

I did, unfortunately didn't make a difference to me. I even tried uninstalling any asus software I could find but the problem is, I've never even had AI Suite 3 which seems to be the problem for some people so in the end it didn't really help.

I've now tried running a few other games like far cry 5 and prey and have noticed my gpu usage is also somewhat low on them. I'm now worried that it could be on my whole system...? I will do further tests but so far only unigine valley seems to have gotten up to 90ish% but then falls a bit.

I did, unfortunately didn't make a difference to me. I even tried uninstalling any asus software I could find but the problem is, I've never even had AI Suite 3 which seems to be the problem for some people so in the end it didn't really help.

I've now tried running a few other games like far cry 5 and prey and have noticed my gpu usage is also somewhat low on them. I'm now worried that it could be on my whole system...? I will do further tests but so far only unigine valley seems to have gotten up to 90ish% but then falls a bit.

If it is across the system, did you check your power plan by any chance?

So I tried re-installing Asus AI suite and not touching anything (especially dips) but fan xpert as suggested by someone.

On my end this is enough to cause the issue again, thankfully I imaged my os install.

Also, Asrock motherboard/rgb software seems to be causing the same issues as AI suite, a couple of posts on Reddit where people have removed MSI software and done an in place windows install has also fixed their issues.

Last edited:
First of all. Sorry about my bad English. This is my story to fix this lock fps issue.

Last night, i've play on 1.04. and in whatever settings i set, i will get lock on 69-70fps, no matter what settings. From low, medium, high, ultra, even psycho hidden settings, RTX On/Off, DLSS. blah blah. doesn't matter, still 69-71fps
Tried to lower resolution, from 1920x1080, to 1600x900, to 1024x768 etc... still 69-71fps

Today, I download the 1.05 hotfix, and it went from 70fps to 60fps no matter what settings :shrug:

Then, i saw a post from jeffb0918 (post no.186/page 10) and i do exactly what he post.
Uninstall AI Suite 3 via Revo Uninstaller, Clean regedit/temp via CCleaner, Delete ASUS folder from Program Files and Program Files x86. Run AI3Cleaner.exe, Do Windows 10 in-place upgrade.

My System:
X570 Asus TUF Gaming
Ryzen 5 5600x
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 32Gb
RTX 3070 TUF Gaming

And this is the Before (1.05 hotfix, with AI Suite 3 installed)
60-62fps in whatever settings

And this is the After (still 1.05, without AI Suite 3 and In-place Windows upgrade)

Ultra settings - RTX Off - DLSS Quality

Ultra settings - RTX on - on - on - medium - DLSS Quality

With the last update I noticed an improvement in the fps out of town in a proportional way to the DLSS preset with a use of the gpu at 99%, while in the city or in densely populated points there are still no proportional improvements to the dlss preset and gpu ranges from 65 to 80%

So yeah I just did a few tests.
Here's cyberpunk completely maxed out with no DLSS vs maxed out with ultra performance DLSS. Exact same FPS, half the gpu usage, wtf??

I tried kingdom come deliverence. Overall pretty smooth but on absolute lowest settings I'm getting just over 120fps with barely 50% gpu usage. Looking at this benchmark, I'm coming literally like 20-30fps higher than a god damn 1060???

Same story with deus ex mankind devided, lower settings, less gpu usage, barely coming in at 120:

Can anyone who still has this issue in cyberpunk test if cyberpunk is acting like this alone? I don't want to hijack this thread with my own problems.

So yeah I just did a few tests.
Here's cyberpunk completely maxed out with no DLSS vs maxed out with ultra performance DLSS. Exact same FPS, half the gpu usage, wtf??

I tried kingdom come deliverence. Overall pretty smooth but on absolute lowest settings I'm getting just over 120fps with barely 50% gpu usage. Looking at this benchmark, I'm coming literally like 20-30fps higher than a god damn 1060???

Same story with deus ex mankind devided, lower settings, less gpu usage, barely coming in at 120:

Can anyone who still has this issue in cyberpunk test if cyberpunk is acting like this alone? I don't want to hijack this thread with my own problems.
do you have amd cpu? try applying amd smt fix
See many of your cpu threads are like 3% only?
your fps is being bottlenecked by the cpu

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers
feels like you have max fps option on, rivate tuner max fps counter to 65

do you have amd cpu? try applying amd smt fix
See many of your cpu threads are like 3% only?
your fps is being bottlenecked by the cpu

That was the first thing I tried, amongst every other solution mentioned here. It has also been officially patched/implemented in the 1.05 update. Plus this issue for me is happening across multiple titles

Top Bottom