Can't get past the start screen

+
Hi guys, I just downloaded this game and was very excited to immediately play it but i can't seem to because of this bug. For some reason I can't get past this screen. The game loads for a bit after i press either enter or left click but it still won't load and just brings me back there. I've tried reinstalling the game, verified the files through the GOG client, and manually allowing the game through my firewall. I've tried to google this problem but I can't seem to find threads regarding this. I'm sorry if I missed anything. I would appreciate it if you could help me or link the thread which reported this same problem. Best of luck and Thank you in advance.
a.png

I installed the game through the GOG client, shouldn't their version be the latest one?
If you had the game on your account from a long time ago, but automatic updates disabled, then no (edit: or, I believe that is the case, never actually tried it). The one I linked is the only version currently available in the GOG store.

Last edited:
If you had the game on your account from a long time ago, but automatic updates disabled, then no (edit: or, I believe that is the case, never actually tried it). The one I linked is the only version currently available in the GOG store.
Thank you bro. It FINALLY WORKED. Never knew there's another version. I guess the PTR version was already obsolete.

I guess the PTR version was already obsolete.
Quite. I believe the latest PTR was the Homecoming one in 2018. You could hide it in your GOG library if you don't want to see it. Would be great if there was a way to get rid of it entirely, but hiding works well enough.

(Post moved to the thread I created earlier.)

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!! I have had this problem for a month! I submitted a ticket to CDPR but never heard anything back. I also just downloaded GOG galaxy and downloaded Gwent from there. This was the answer!!

Top Bottom