Cant upload to 1.05 due to "104804MB required" (GOG)

+
Hilarious how I can't install a 9GB patch from GOG in a 128gb SSD, having 64gb free. What the hell can I do? Install on a HDD and then cut+paste to the SSD and change register???

Attachments

• eeeeeeepat.png
    eeeeeeepat.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 89
Wow, I thought it was bad I had to make an additional 70 GB of space to download a 9 GB patch on release day, even though I had the game preinstalled 2 days before release. It looked like it didn't recognize I had it installed. So in the end I needed 140 GB of space on my drive to install a game that takes up 64 GB on my disk currently.
But this... this is even worse.

It's terrible. Like I'm stuck forever if I dont install the game on a HDD or bigger size SSD (that I don't have, my system SSD is 256gb but kinda full).
This guy on Reddit has a solution but I'm not willing to do this stuff just to update the game. CDPR, just fix it FFS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/kbcga9/_/ggh859d
1- I moved the entire installation to a disk that had 336gb of free space. Which has the letter M.

2- I changed the letter to the M disk with the letter to which I had dedicated the SSD disk which is the letter G. So the 336gb disk becomes disk G, the SSD a random letter, so much is it temporary.

3- I ran the 1.05 update which was successful. (now she has the fucking space required)

¹Wait for all the read / write operations on the mechanical hard disk, have a coffee, smoke a cigarette, have a fuck, shave your beard etc ... when the gravity from the top of the 104gb check has flanked your kidneys, take the stick and go check if he's done.

4- I reassigned the correct letters the 336gb disk containing the updated CyberPunk2077 re-became M and the SSD re-became G

5- I moved the CyberPunk2077 folder from disk M to disk G (SSD) *¹

6- I launched the game and now I have version 1.05.

7-optional: If after updating to version 1.05 you do not notice significant improvements in the game. Uninstall it and wait for March / April 2021 when maybe they fixed it.

* I could have done it via Regedit, but I preferred it that way.

** Fuck CDPR, with this latest game it seems that stupidity has hit them hard and they are no longer able to reason with common sense.

I've been using GOG galaxy for ages now and those issues aren't happening there, at least for me, I'm sure it is for someone.

Top Bottom