Car chases and increased hostile gang aggression, where are they?

+
Hello there! I have played a few hours of, what I might call, new Cyberpunk 2077 and it feels very different to what it was before, in a good way, of course. But I feel like a big chunk of fresh content CDPR promised is missing, for I haven't encountered any chase commenced by anyone but the police. So there I was, expecting a chance to put new interesting mechanics into practice, but the chance never came, I killed so many different gang members that were they real populace, the city would be deserted, but they don't show any signs of increased hostility towards me and there are no chases after I inflict casualties upon them.
Another thing is side quests, there so many quests where you feel like you're going to be chased, especially when you need to take a passenger for a ride, but you simply drive for half a minute and your mission is done. This kind of quests are primitive on their own, and not using new mechanic to improve that seems a bit of a waste, because overall new chase mechanic only concerns police for now, and it's all cool and more immersive on this side of things, but it feels incomplete, you can't use full potential of your new skills and perks (and that's the first things I acquired), you can't really use armed vehicles, hacking vehicles also goes to waste.
I hope CDPR will fix these things in future patches, because it just adds so much to the game, in my opinion. I also hope this might help them to recognize the problem and attend to it, if they haven't already.
Sincerely yours,
Me

From what I've seen there are two types of vehcile chases, some are random between police and gangs and gang vs gang. You'll just bump into them.

Other chases happen with 'vehicle contracts'. They do actually pursue you.

I havent really used the weaponized vehciles much either, though.

From what I've seen there are two types of vehcile chases, some are random between police and gangs and gang vs gang. You'll just bump into them.

I actually never encountered any of that. I saw gangs brawling on foot, but I've never seen chases themselves, and I was driving around the place a lot since control improved significantly (at least it feels so to me), perhaps, I just was unlucky. Maybe I should try to find gang members on cars and get chased in that way.. But I still feel there should be more than this.

I actually never encountered any of that. I saw gangs brawling on foot, but I've never seen chases themselves, and I was driving around the place a lot since control improved significantly (at least it feels so to me), perhaps, I just was unlucky. Maybe I should try to find gang members on cars and get chased in that way.. But I still feel there should be more than this.
It's random. I was pretty "unlucky" during my first playthrough, I only encounter two car chase (car mess^^) in 80+ hours. But already encountered three during my second playthrough in less than 20 hrs.
So yeah, bad luck I guess :(

This ^^^

Do the missions for Muamar "El Capitan" Reyes and you will get your fill of chases.

The ability to shoot out the window is really good but I've not used the car guns. On a new start I could imagine the rocket artillery would be great though.

Oh and the new punctured tyres is a great feature.

It's random. I was pretty "unlucky" during my first playthrough, I only encounter two car chase (car mess^^) in 80+ hours. But already encountered three during my second playthrough in less than 20 hrs.
Well, I hope I'll encounter some, but 3 chases in under 20 hours still seems quite feeble to me..
Post automatically merged:

This ^^^

Do the missions for Muamar "El Capitan" Reyes and you will get your fill of chases.

The ability to shoot out the window is really good but I've not used the car guns. On a new start I could imagine the rocket artillery would be great though.

Oh and the new punctured tyres is a great feature.
As a matter of fact I did some missions for him, but maybe I haven't done the right ones yet.
By the way more variety of guns for your cars is a good idea. It would also be great to customize your vehicles, at least add some weaponry on top of it. Equipping vehicles with turrets is also a good thing, because machine guns in the front part of your car are inconvenient to use, you only can shoot stuff directly in front of you.

Last edited:
Well, I hope I'll encounter some, but 3 chases in under 20 hours still seems quite feeble to me..
Yep, but car chases I saw created real mess, pretty fun to watch. Beside, encountering a car chase at each corners of Night City wouldn't be great either. Maybe just need to be incrased a bit the chance to encounter one (like one each two in-game day, no matter where you are).

I'll admit they are a little more sporadic than I was expecting. But then, Night City isn't the Combat Zone. They're still pretty good when they happen.

I didn't think about it until you mentioned it. I saw chases and gang fights after 2.0s release, but I'm not sure if I've seen them since Phantom Liberty?

Sadly that's because they're actually not random, my friend. They're script sequences like the police 'chases' from 1.5.
One time I bumped into the world boundary and got reloaded to a few minutes earlier - the exact same gang chase, with even the exact same cars, happened in the exact same spot. Soon after seeing that I noticed it over and over again. Maybe next game will be able to handle random events. I dunno what's going on. Street goon and NCPD AI can't mount vehicles either, it's either people on foot or people who arrive in a vehicle. Hopefully that's just a bug since CDPR specifically said they could mount their vehicles :(

Sadly that's because they're actually not random, my friend. They're script sequences like the police 'chases' from 1.5.
I don't know, I didn't sew two at the same place yet. The last one was cops vs scavs just in front of the Lizzie's (never saw any before since 2.0). It was fun to watch anyway, it was a big mess :D
(beside, random doesn't mean it's at the same place for everyone or involve same faction. Loot is randomized, but in your playthrough, an item in a container won't be the same as in my playthrough, but you can reload as much as you want, you will always get this item and me mine).

I don't know, I didn't sew two at the same place yet. The last one was cops vs scavs just in front of the Lizzie's (never saw any before since 2.0). It was fun to watch anyway, it was a big mess :D
Yeah, some are good... the one outside of Lizzy's was cool to see.. at least until 2.01? Now I sometimes see them just sitting there, especially if I drive around the corner and come back as sometimes they don't despawn but the script stops.
(beside, random doesn't mean it's at the same place for everyone or involve same faction. Loot is randomized, but in your playthrough, an item in a container won't be the same as in my playthrough, but you can reload as much as you want, you will always get this item and me mine).
It is though. Same spot, just like that police/maelstrom chase in Waston or when Maelstrom 'drives' to Tyger's to fight them, or the Traum Team AV that shoots into the Arroyo megabuilding. Tested it after the fact - scav chases in Dogtown, wraith chasing corp truck in badlands, etc.
Same spot, same scenario. Also; There are triggers for them in the streaming sector files. It's fine, just not dynamic.

Personally, if they just didn't break and there were more of them - it'd be okay I suppose. They can't mount vehicle or get into dynamic chases, not as advertised so I'm hoping it's a case of the game just being broken and not CDPR's own embellishment again.

Yeah, some are good... the one outside of Lizzy's was cool to see.. at least until 2.01? Now I sometimes see them just sitting there, especially if I drive around the corner and come back as sometimes they don't despawn but the script stops.
Franckly, the one in front of the Lizzie's was great. There were a lot of traffic so it went crazy. Even the tygers in the NCPD Scanner Hustles near came fighting :D
It is though. Same spot, just like that police/maelstrom chase in Waston or when Maelstrom 'drives' to Tyger's to fight them, or the Traum Team AV that shoots into the Arroyo megabuilding. Tested it after the fact - scav chases in Dogtown, wraith chasing corp truck in badlands, etc.
Same spot, same scenario. Also; There are triggers for them in the streaming sector files. It's fine, just not dynamic.
Ok. Well.. better than nothing I guess and that's why they're "rare" :)

Yep, but car chases I saw created real mess, pretty fun to watch. Beside, encountering a car chase at each corners of Night City wouldn't be great either. Maybe just need to be incrased a bit the chance to encounter one (like one each two in-game day, no matter where you are).
I agree, that a lot of car chases will create mayhem, but I'm talking more about chases targetting the player. Because I remember it was mentioned, that gangs will become more aggressive towards you, especially after oyu attack their fellow members, but they just don't seem to care in anyway how many their men you exterminate.

I didn't think about it until you mentioned it. I saw chases and gang fights after 2.0s release, but I'm not sure if I've seen them since Phantom Liberty?
Hm, personally, I haven't seen them not before nor after PL realease, but it seems I was a bit unlucky..

I agree, that a lot of car chases will create mayhem, but I'm talking more about chases targetting the player. Because I remember it was mentioned, that gangs will become more aggressive towards you, especially after oyu attack their fellow members, but they just don't seem to care in anyway how many their men you exterminate.
True, in more than hundred hours, I never was "chased" by anyone.

Either this is bugged or they simply didn't do it. I recall as well it was specifically mentioned and irked me that it's simply not there. I tried instigating Tyger's next to motocycles and they would not mount them no matter what I did. Same with any other gang, including NCPD.
Hm, personally, I haven't seen them not before nor after PL realease, but it seems I was a bit unlucky..
They're quite rare considering how hyped they were, and the game's lore. I did see a motorcycle chase in Dogtown once, but the only time you get to interact with this "system" is when you steal cars, otherwise it's just a show right now.

EDIT: the chase was at night near heavy hearts, driving toward the stadium from the longshore stacks. Try that and maybe you can trigger it.

Either this is bugged or they simply didn't do it. I recall as well it was specifically mentioned and irked me that it's simply not there. I tried instigating Tyger's next to motocycles and they would not mount them no matter what I did. Same with any other gang, including NCPD.
The same, I was trying to trigger a chase for while, because I thought it must be such a great new mechanic. So I got really frustrated that it's not yet in the game appaerntly, which led me to writing this post :)
I actually never thought NPCs would mount their vehicles, I thought it would be more like a motorized reinforcement that goes after you. And I must say, it will be interesting to see this mechanic..

They're quite rare considering how hyped they were, and the game's lore. I did see a motorcycle chase in Dogtown once, but the only time you get to interact with this "system" is when you steal cars, otherwise it's just a show right now.
Do you get chased if you steal a gang member's car?

EDIT: the chase was at night near heavy hearts, driving toward the stadium from the longshore stacks. Try that and maybe you can trigger it.
I'll try to, thanks!

If they can do it well, yes :)
Better to not do it than do it bad. But honestly, I doubt, they'll move to other games. So let's hope they will in the next Cyberpunk game.
There's a chase mechanic in the game already, but it's only used by the police. If they implement it for the rest of the factions, I can't see it being bad. I mean, if they send a couple of cars loaded with bandits chasing for me, I don't think it would be much more difficult than wave after wave of policemen, would it?..

Last edited:
Top Bottom