Car chases and increased hostile gang aggression, where are they?

+
There's a chase mechanic in the game already, but it's only used by the police. If they implement it for the rest of the factions, I can't see it being bad. I mean, if they send a couple of cars loaded with bandits chasing for me, I don't think it would be much more difficult than wave after wave of policemen, would it?..
More difficult, probably not... But Cyberpunk 2077 is (very) close to the end, they'll likely "try" to fix as much issue as possible before move on to the next games (I'm not sure we'll have a 2.1 patch, but more likely 2.02, 2.03,... which will be only bugfixes)

I got tired of waiting behind a police car at traffic lights once and went around it which caused a chase. I may have missed something else though.

I haven't seen the police chasing a gang yet, but I do encoutered two gangs fighting from cars though, a few times already.

It's random. I was pretty "unlucky" during my first playthrough, I only encounter two car chase (car mess^^) in 80+ hours. But already encountered three during my second playthrough in less than 20 hrs.
So yeah, bad luck I guess :(

Were you fast traveling a lot? I made it a point to just drive from place to place most of the time and I saw them a ton.

But that is crazy if there is that much of a variety! :eek:

The same, I was trying to trigger a chase for while, because I thought it must be such a great new mechanic. So I got really frustrated that it's not yet in the game appaerntly, which led me to writing this post :)
I actually never thought NPCs would mount their vehicles, I thought it would be more like a motorized reinforcement that goes after you. And I must say, it will be interesting to see this mechanic..
Post automatically merged:
Yeah, even if it were just reinforcements that would be a great improvement. I'm shocked that's not in there after scissors made it work in his mod well over a year ago - in which he took several of CDPR's abanadoned systems and tied them together into a well made overhaul of world dynamics. Allegedly he got scooped up by CDPR. If that's true, we can see the problem isn't with the game engineers themselves but direction.

Just like no cool cyberarms, as several mods have done for years now - such an easy W. Everyone would love that and CDPR just decided not to do it. Strange decisions.
Do you get chased if you steal a gang member's car?
Some chases just happen as part of mission, but if you steal gang car more will show up as well. Those gigs aren't bad, and after 7 of them you get the Herrera Weiler - that's the "bond" car. It's worth it. The Riptide Terrier is a just barely contender for the V-Tech's spot in my heart as well
I'll try to, thanks!

There's a chase mechanic in the game already, but it's only used by the police. If they implement it for the rest of the factions, I can't see it being bad. I mean, if they send a couple of cars loaded with bandits chasing for me, I don't think it would be much more difficult than wave after wave of policemen, would it?..
As mentioned above; There was a reinforcement system CDPR dropped a long time ago. Why they didn't bring it back when one dude did nearly two years ago is puzzling.

Franckly, the one in front of the Lizzie's was great. There were a lot of traffic so it went crazy. Even the tygers in the NCPD Scanner Hustles near came fighting :D
It was great until is suddenly broke. They got out of their vehicles, looked like Moxes were going to kill Scav's right in their seats when suddenly they all just started standing there... holding up traffic.

They're there but if you're doing stuff like gigs and missions, they won't pop up as often as just walking around town. Have seen maelstrom chased by cops, valentinos chasing scavs, and even moxes chasing maelstrom (Moxes are even marked as allies).

Were you fast traveling a lot? I made it a point to just drive from place to place most of the time and I saw them a ton.

But that is crazy if there is that much of a variety! :eek:
Nope never (not a single time since release^^), just unlucky, I guess...
Only two in my 90hrs playthrough at PL release. First time the one in front of the lizzie few days ago in my new playthrough (but I'm on Series X, so "maybe" it's more rare than on PC, don't know).
It was great until is suddenly broke. They got out of their vehicles, looked like Moxes were going to kill Scav's right in their seats when suddenly they all just started standing there... holding up traffic.
I can't say if it broke at some point... Scavs and cops circled around for a while (crashing into traffic which also started to go crazy, some sort of chain reaction^^), until the scavs car exploded and the remaining fighters end fighting on foot.
I just loot everything on the ground when the spectacle ended :)

More difficult, probably not... But Cyberpunk 2077 is (very) close to the end, they'll likely "try" to fix as much issue as possible before move on to the next games (I'm not sure we'll have a 2.1 patch, but more likely 2.02, 2.03,... which will be only bugfixes)
Well, this is a big thing, so I hope fix it before the 'end'..

Yeah, even if it were just reinforcements that would be a great improvement. I'm shocked that's not in there after scissors made it work in his mod well over a year ago - in which he took several of CDPR's abanadoned systems and tied them together into a well made overhaul of world dynamics. Allegedly he got scooped up by CDPR. If that's true, we can see the problem isn't with the game engineers themselves but direction.

Just like no cool cyberarms, as several mods have done for years now - such an easy W. Everyone would love that and CDPR just decided not to do it. Strange decisions.
I haven't used any mods for CP2077 so far, but if nothing changes I might be forced to.. But I see how people try to bring things, that supposed to be there, since the first release and even now. Funny how some people contribute more to the improvement of the game for free than people who are actually payed for it (look at Skyrim VR).

Some chases just happen as part of mission, but if you steal gang car more will show up as well. Those gigs aren't bad, and after 7 of them you get the Herrera Weiler - that's the "bond" car. It's worth it. The Riptide Terrier is a just barely contender for the V-Tech's spot in my heart as well
My first and only chase was in the beginning of the game :) Maybe I need to start a new one for changes to come into effect, but I doubt it somehow. By the way, tried to steal a gang car, nothing happened, disappointed..
I must get that car then. I don't remember the names, unfortunatelly, but some new ones are quite good, old Calliburn is a beast, but controls are shit..

As mentioned above; There was a reinforcement system CDPR dropped a long time ago. Why they didn't bring it back when one dude did nearly two years ago is puzzling.
I just hope they implemented one already, but it just doesn't work properly, so they'll tweak it a little and fix it with the next patch. I hope it so..

They're there but if you're doing stuff like gigs and missions, they won't pop up as often as just walking around town. Have seen maelstrom chased by cops, valentinos chasing scavs, and even moxes chasing maelstrom (Moxes are even marked as allies).
I was rolling around the town on a car a lot, but for some reason I never came by one, I only saw wreckage on the streets once or twice. Anyway it's not the main point. The point is chases that target the player, if you attack gang members and then flee, there are no concequences, or if you kill every group of them you meet, it doesn't chage their attitude towards you in a slightest. But I recall that there was something about gangs getting more hostile if you target their members, which is a good thing to implement, because currently they are punch bags. I just cassually kill whenever I met any gang members.

Last edited:
Top Bottom