Car control

+

Phair

Forum regular
Obviously grand theft auto, is a game about driving cars, and this game is not.
I've played all the grand theft auto games and driving was not always that good.
And if you use a keyboard and mouse, it can still be quite difficult to drive.
In fact I don't see any real difference between this game and grand theft auto, except the grand theft auto cars do not handle in a realistic fashion at all.

The cars "float" and can be tricky to control. My other issue is while driving a car in 3rd person, the game keeps bumping my camera down every few seconds... I don't like the camera directly behind the car so I angle it a bit; nope the game wants to keep bumping it back down. I've gotten use to it and hardly notice it anymore but I shouldn't have to adjust the camera at all.

I could see if the camera is bumping into something over head, but his happens out on a open highway with nothing overhead as well.

Camera aside, yeah, love the bikes... can zip around the city easily and weave in and around traffic at high speeds.

I stop play GTA5 after 2 hours because steering with a mouse made the wheels turn ALL the way left and ALL the way right. Now THAT was a joke! Plugging in a Xbox controller would give you actual steering but if I wanted to use a controller I would not be playing on PC. However I agree the steering in this game feels like you are driving drunk. I wish they had given the CARS AI to drive the same way their horses AI in Witcher game helps you to "drive".

Your right, vehicles system suck in this game, or are just bad designed. As almost everything else...
How a Rayfield Caliburn, the fastest car in night city, powered with a 1600hp engine, only achieve 205km/h, and goes from 0-100 in about 7 seconds ?! This is supposed to be right?

Pre ordered from GoG, to give as much cash as possible to CDPR, because i love TW3 franshice, and the "quality" of the developers, but im more disappointed each day as i play this shit; bugs, performance, and not accurated game features...

I wish i could wait a few months , to start playing this crap.
Thinking in refund, CDPR.

From my point of view GTA 3 that was released at 2001 had much better car control.
That's sad. Do something with it!

Many cars have bad handling. The ones that don't are often slow. I have found one car that is really, REALLY good though. The Nomad Mitzutani Shion "Coyote" that you get for 133,000. It has a top speed of around 199, great acceleration, excellent brakes and much, MUCH better handling than the default Shion or the vast majority of other cars in the game for that matter. As a bonus, being a Nomad car it has good handling in the desert. I often enjoy drive around in that car just for the sheer enjoyment of it instead of using the fast travel system. The Quadra 66 "Javelina" also has good speed and surprisingly good handling given how terrible the normal Quadra 66 is, but it still has terrible brakes.

My main problem with the cars is that you can't see out of some them very well. I much prefer driving in first person. I feel like the bikes in general don't have enough traction, so they skid too easily. Bikes do not feel like that at all in real life.

I would like it if we could get map waypoints laid into vision the same way it shows you the route for races. Being able to see where you are doing whilst still looking at the road is much more immersive than staring at the mini-map so you don't miss your turn.

My main problem with the cars is that you can't see out of some them very well. I much prefer driving in first person. I feel like the bikes in general don't have enough traction, so they skid too easily. Bikes do not feel like that at all in real life.

I would like it if we could get map waypoints laid into vision the same way it shows you the route for races. Being able to see where you are doing whilst still looking at the road is much more immersive than staring at the mini-map so you don't miss your turn.
Agreed i feel we need a FOV slider on console at least not sure if PC settings has it? but i need more view or have an auto pilot mode where you can look around. But that would require better Ai drivers lol.

I stop play GTA5 after 2 hours because steering with a mouse made the wheels turn ALL the way left and ALL the way right. Now THAT was a joke! Plugging in a Xbox controller would give you actual steering but if I wanted to use a controller I would not be playing on PC. However I agree the steering in this game feels like you are driving drunk. I wish they had given the CARS AI to drive the same way their horses AI in Witcher game helps you to "drive".
You can alternate between mouse/keyboard and controller instantly. I always have mine sitting right next to me. I'm a lefty, so I have to use a controller to play the game, but when shooting matters, I use the mouse with no problems except for not being able to move very well at all.

You can alternate between mouse/keyboard and controller instantly. I always have mine sitting right next to me. I'm a lefty, so I have to use a controller to play the game, but when shooting matters, I use the mouse with no problems except for not being able to move very well at all.

Yeah man I have to say it can feel really clunky with keyboard. Double pressing a movement key should not make you dash lol. The amount of times I've blown my cover in stealth because of that is amazing. Just leave it as double pressing c...

Yeah man I have to say it can feel really clunky with keyboard. Double pressing a movement key should not make you dash lol. The amount of times I've blown my cover in stealth because of that is amazing. Just leave it as double pressing c...
I don't really know too much about how the game plays with the keyboard controlls besides WASD and space bar. Beyond that, I have to use my controller. Controller works pretty well except for shooting per typical.

I agree, they skid and lose tractions way too easily.
Bikes also should control tighter and be overall more responsive than anything else.

Yeah driving in this game is not as good as what we can see in other titles like GTA, but rocksteady has 30+ years of practicing before they came to the level they're now, while Cyberpunk is the first title making them work on this.
Watch dogs's driving was terrible too and they only improved it in the second title.
My biggest problem with driving, beside cars unable to turn properly, is that our bikes stay straight while turning, instead of leaning towards the ground as gravity and balance requires.

Either nobody at CDPR ever rode a bike, either they thought future would change how gravity and balance works, I don't know.

Badlands styled cars and bikes handle better as their 4x4 but the caliburn is the best handling vehicle I've driven by miles, just don't take it off road :ok:

Yeeeeah, definitely agree with this one. Pole Position (The Atari one, not the arcade one) had better handling than this game. Mind you, I do kinda like the bikes!

I dont know but i actually like the car handling. I mean YES they definitly need some improvments at SOME cars so they dont flip or turn so easy and maybe that they dont feel like a go cart. Ok and if driving over some little bumpers the cars jump to much... ya like i said they need some improvements in weight and stuff.

Top Bottom