Car Heist gigs El Capitan

+
Adding a timer to these gigs was a horrible idea. I drive fast, and on point, but I always miss the timer, then El Capitan bitches at me that I didn't do enough. Please revert to no timers.

OMFG, I though i was the only one. When you see the goal point is 4km away, through the center of night city and you have 4:30 time. i don't even start trying!

NPC drivers in night city are hell. i get the feeling the longer you drive, the more insane the driving AI gets. They constanlöy crash into each other or try to make a full stop in the middle of the street out of nowhere, or a guy from the sideway suddenly jumps in front of my car because he got spooked by some random shit...

The timer is a little bit off

Very noticable when I'm stealing a motorcycle(no dont have to worry about traffic) and the timer ended 800m before I got to the loaction.
But then the vehicle contracts are of the radiant sort, I've noticed. So what you get(location, condition) seems random.

Fortunatly, you still get a reward, even if you missed the timer

I think adding them in general is a horrible idea, nevermind them having a timer. Endless, so called 'raidant' gameplay is the death of creativity as far as game design goes. I don't want to play an endless conveyer belt of the same thing over and over again with a different veneer. If I wanted that, I'd vote.

At least you can do them. They won't even show up for me. Kinda massively bummed about it since it's a feature I was really looking forward to.

Also classy: get to steal a car out of dog town and then the gate guards turn hostile on you. How are you supposed to handle this?
And apart from the trash talk I don't notice a difference in reward if you fulfill or fail the side objective.

At least you can do them. They won't even show up for me. Kinda massively bummed about it since it's a feature I was really looking forward to.
They don't show up as such. You see a blue steering wheel on the mini map, stop and steal the car. El Capitan calls you and gives you details. The blue wheels and cars spawn randomly throughout NC. If you don't stop immediately, they despawn and you'll have to hunt again.

Also classy: get to steal a car out of dog town and then the gate guards turn hostile on you. How are you supposed to handle this?
And apart from the trash talk I don't notice a difference in reward if you fulfill or fail the side objective.
I never had the gate guards turn hostile once. Something is going on there.

You have to be a bit in the DLC Mission before they start popping up. I had my first close to the service shops on the left side of dog town

I will add to the complain a situation, that when I almost reach destination, sometimes the place turns into red area and I'm told to lose the npcs following me. Game doesn't see there is nobody after me. The NPC that are supposed to attack me, drive away from target destination not attacking anymore. Time still counts, so I need to grab a gun and run after them, stop their car before time's off. I shoot at them but they still drive straight ahead, neither returning fire nor reacting. Dumb idea, even dumber implementation.

I am guessing (haven't received any of the missions myself yet) that these are what "Rebalanced the timers in courier missions." refers to here.

If so, the missions should become less frustrating when 2.02 releases.

I have got the same issue, i can't find the blue steering wheel anywhere anymore on the map. I played the car heist gigs just 2 or 3 times, so that there are many cars are blocked, i can't buy them from EL Capitan.

Top Bottom