Details which you like on 2.0

+
Aim on this thread is highlighting nice things which you as a player likes on 2.0 update, ... if you want to criticize, please find another thread :)

OK so below is few things/moments which I really like on 2.0 update (and I'm still early in my current play, still in Act1):
  • update to vehicles sound. It may look like small thing, but I really love how sounds initial V's car and also motrobikes which I "borrowed" from NPCs
  • no more need to sacrfice points into crafting perks which I used before simply for making legendary weapons. I also like how they balanced materials gathering, it is not very fast, but still decent enough (could be based on play style though, but my one it fit perfectly)
  • using catana on motorbike ... well, this one was really a "wow" moment when I used it for a first time
  • polishing done to gigs ... I saw countless of details and small improvements done for NPC reactions, environment etc.

Aim on this thread is highlighting nice things which you as a player likes on 2.0 update, ... if you want to criticize, please find another thread :)

OK so below is few things/moments which I really like on 2.0 update (and I'm still early in my current play, still in Act1):
  • update to vehicles sound. It may look like small thing, but I really love how sounds initial V's car and also motrobikes which I "borrowed" from NPCs
  • no more need to sacrfice points into crafting perks which I used before simply for making legendary weapons. I also like how they balanced materials gathering, it is not very fast, but still decent enough (could be based on play style though, but my one it fit perfectly)
  • using catana on motorbike ... well, this one was really a "wow" moment when I used it for a first time
  • polishing done to gigs ... I saw countless of details and small improvements done for NPC reactions, environment etc.
:D I don't think I need to say much more.
20230925055354_1.jpg

Fix the RT issues and we're solid, CDPR. I can mod the police stupidity myself if need be(but I hope not).

Unfortunately, everything I can think of is a double-edged comment. But my favourite one is:
  • A good percentage of guns and melee weapons are just directly turned into components. Thematically, lots of the weapons you get will be quite damaged and not worth money. Gameplay-wise, I don't have to constantly dismantle/sell piles of weapons every 1-2 gigs.
    • Unfortunately, I can't buy components anymore. And common components become exceedingly rare as I level.

I like that I'm still able to play the game smoothly on a 4th gen Intel Core i5 and a GTX 970. I'm playing at 2K with the same mix of low/medium/high setting with FSR running. I'm honestly very surprised, it's running as well as it is.

I love the new skill tree! Wasting perk points on tiny incremental improvements to weapon damage was a bit lame before; now it's so much better. Everything feels a lot more balanced than before.

The police honking! I'm LOVING the sound of their cars. I'm still at the stage where Watson is under lockdown, so I'm fine with the police presence being what it currently is. We'll see how I feel later on though.

The revamped cyberware is great - although I wish the integumentary mods were visible. How come Sandra Dorsett or Rogue get cyberware skins but V doesn't? Not a big deal though, I can use Nexus mods for that.

And of course, the return of catchlights... characters look alive again :)

I like that I'm still able to play the game smoothly on a 4th gen Intel Core i5 and a GTX 970. I'm playing at 2K with the same mix of low/medium/high setting with FSR running. I'm honestly very surprised, it's running as well as it is.

Out of curiosity, what kind of FPS are you looking at?

The police honking! I'm LOVING the sound of their cars. I'm still at the stage where Watson is under lockdown, so I'm fine with the police presence being what it currently is. We'll see how I feel later on though.

Right? First time I heard them just honking people it just felt so much better.

The revamped cyberware is great - although I wish the integumentary mods were visible. How come Sandra Dorsett or Rogue get cyberware skins but V doesn't? Not a big deal though, I can use Nexus mods for that.

This, especially considering some of the trailers from PL seemed to include various hand cyberware cosmetics which led me to believe this was going to be a thing. Maybe once PL drops?

Personally, there very little I don't appreciate about this update. Even the more controversial stuff like level scaling - the way CDPR did it works IMO or the new talent tree. THANK GOD we're done with these stupid +5% incremental upgrades. The previous skill tree of utterly passive "skills" didn't feel like skills.

Other than that, surprisingly, the game runs better than it ever did on my end. My FPS are actually higher and more stable than in 1.63... which wasn't supposed to happen based on what CDPR posted.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, what kind of FPS are you looking at?

Almost 30FPS - emphasis on almost, haha. It's pretty much the same as before honestly. I'm fine with it though; it's a very "filmy" framerate and I often cap story driven games at 30 for that reason anyway.

That said, I still plan on replacing my machine in the future, but man am I thrilled I can continue to enjoy the game in the meantime.

Almost 30FPS - emphasis on almost, haha. It's pretty much the same as before honestly. I'm fine with it though; it's a very "filmy" framerate and I often cap story driven games at 30 for that reason anyway.

That said, I still plan on replacing my machine in the future, but man am I thrilled I can continue to enjoy the game in the meantime.

Oh man, I can't stand anything below 60 FPS for video games. I genuinely don't know how you do it but if you're fine with it, good for you that you can still enjoy the game just fine!

Oh man, I can't stand anything below 60 FPS for video games. I genuinely don't know how you do it but if you're fine with it, good for you that you can still enjoy the game just fine!

Oh yeah, I'm a weirdo haha. To be fair though, movies are generally 24FPS and if you go far enough above that, you end up with the "soap opera effect", which I'm not into - so maybe it's kinda like that? Mayybe? I'm all about high FPS if it's something like a competitive shooter though.

BUT who knows, maybe when I finally upgrade and try it at 60, I'll realise how tragically deprived I've been for so long :giveup: I'm definitely looking forward to being wow'd all over again :D

Oh yeah, I'm a weirdo haha. To be fair though, movies are generally 24FPS and if you go far enough above that, you end up with the "soap opera effect", which I'm not into - so maybe it's kinda like that? Mayybe? I'm all about high FPS if it's something like a competitive shooter though.

Oh, for sure, I'm absolutely fine with the standard 24 FPS in most movies. Sports channel going to 60/120 FPS even feels weird.

My minimum of 60 FPS is strictly for video games.
BUT who knows, maybe when I finally upgrade and try it at 60, I'll realise how tragically deprived I've been for so long :giveup: I'm definitely looking forward to being wow'd all over again :D

That might be it though. I used to be fine with 30 FPS. Then eventually I went for the beaucoup bucks PC build and.... now I'm stuck upgrading every 2-4 years because the moment it dips under 60FPS I can't stand it. I mean, mid-high 50s I can accept reluctantly but the moment it dips into low 50s - high 40s I would rather not play.

30 FPS interpolation kills everything. One day I caught a glimpse of Hannibal on TV and wanted to vomit. Years later I visited my parents and they had a 120hz TV ;I wanted to retreat from the 'artistic' anxiety it caused.

I DO like how crafting is not now restricted to the Technical Ability attribute tree. This is a 2.0 improvement for sure.

I never liked how iconic weapons quickly became useless if you didn't invest in that attribute before...and of course because the shops in the game are utterly useless there is nobody you can PAY to upgrade your weapons. (Even better would be to, y'know, in a city of millions and millions of people to have someone you can pay to upgrade your stuff.)

Not a big fan of not being able to buy basic crafting ingredients. Makes no sense not to buy basic ingredients for crafting if you're going to make it such a central dynamic.

I had not exact idea what skills will go for my V .. but it seems like I fallen heavily into love of Nehan+Satori combo .. and it means use of blades :) .

I was being pushed away by NPCs that were guarding some places when I tried to walk past them. This happened to me e.g. when I tried to enter Rogue's place in Afterlife (pushed back by Weyland), or after getting the Flathead when I tried to go back to the AllFoods building (pushed back by a Millitech officer).
It did not happen to me before 2.0 - nice little surprise!

Had yesterday fight with Matilda K. Rose and it was really crazy ... it was tons much better as it was in 1.62! Ha, I really enjoyed when in the end my V stayed on her feet and Matilda stayed lay down. It really was not an easy fight on highest difficulty and it wasn't easy to avoid all her special attacks. In the end combination of throwing knife, katana and technical shotgun was celebrating a success ... and constant movement/dashing around the pillar :D. Nice work, really a very nice work CDPR with 2.0 changes! (y)(y)(y)

photomode_05102023_095216.jpg

Last edited:
The updates to cyberware are great.

Improved enemy AI is okay though you can still thwart them by literally running around a corner, the AI overall seems to have went from completely lobotomised to just brain damaged, which is an improvement.

Improved car handling is nice but still messed up on some cars.

Updated character models are good.

Updated skill tree is very good.

That's all I can think of really.

I love the new cyberware system and how it gives us a true edgerunner experience. No we don't actually risk true cyberpsychosis, but it makes it feel like it's just around the corner.... or like we're on the.... edge :cool:

They fixed the V/Johnny interaction when they Deleimain mission kicks off. Before you'd get hit by the rogue Del and V would call out for Johnny like he wasn't the rabbid psyco from the night before when they first met. The only way to make that make any sense stprywise was to meet Takemura fist so Johnny can pop in after and say he's not gonna kill ya. It dictated my post Heist gameplay ( Meet Takemura > go get car to go to Jackie's offrenda > get hit by rogue Delemain. )

I accidentally went off script and forgot to meet Takemura, went to the car, got hit, but the dialogue was updated so it was less buddy-buddy and more like V is talking to the guy who said he's find a way to kill her and take her body the night before.

Also when the fixers start calling V for the first time, Padre's dialogue was updated so he doesn't sound like they never met.

Netrunning is still OP but balanced better. I love it. My first 2.0 V is a runner/gunner. I'm just sitting with my Donaghy's and Pop Turds decimating Scavs with my cyber-brain thinking "why'd I even bring my gun?"

I hate the fact that anyone can craft now, crafting should have been a skill tree, but expanded to include building useful gadget or little remote-control toys, vehicles etc that could loaded with bombs, hacking utilities etc.

Adding another style of game play to the game.

A missed opportunity if you ask me.

I hate the fact that anyone can craft now, crafting should have been a skill tree, but expanded to include building useful gadget or little remote-control toys, vehicles etc that could loaded with bombs, hacking utilities etc.

Adding another style of game play to the game.

A missed opportunity if you ask me.

I'm gonna assume that you thought it was really nice 2.0 gave you a thing to hate. Weird. But it takes all kinds I suppose.

Top Bottom