CDPR needs to fix CPU usage on BOTH INTEL/RYZEN processors!

+
I'm playing with a Ryzen 5600 X, Geforce 3080, M.2 SSD and 16GB 3200 DDR4 RAM with up to date drivers and reasonable settings, and according to Userbenchmark my PC is in the 78th percentile. Graphics card is not even near being maxed out, but I still get heavy fps drops...

EDIT: and by heavy I mean below 60 fps @1080p

Last edited:
I'm playing with a Ryzen 5600 X, Geforce 3080, M.2 SSD and 16GB 3200 DDR4 RAM with up to date drivers and reasonable settings, and according to Userbenchmark my PC is in the 78th percentile. Graphics card is not even near being maxed out, but I still get heavy fps drops...

EDIT: and by heavy I mean below 60 fps @1080p
could you try all core oc at least up to advertised stock pbo boost limit? want to see if my theory holds.

Funny :) but good for you, at least you can enjoy the game. I have just checked with G-Sync switched off and bitdefender security software completely switched off and same results - poor fps on all settings. I do not want to spoil my time with this game so I'll wait for a proper fix - hopefully christmas 2021 it'll be playable :D
I dunno. bannerlord might get full release first

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Mine i7 3770 is running at 80%~100% meanwhile my gpu is 50%~70%

I've already made all configurations to reduce cpu load, but the problem persists

What the hell are you guys using in your builds? my 3600 only goes to 60%. The new patch has got my fps back to 1.03 which was like 10fps higher than 1.04.
may of us have this issue, not all but many. I tried installing the game on my HDD from SSD same issue. I do not know if this is a Windows 10 culmulative update issue or what! but the fact that I've seen many intel CPUS hitting the same problem I'm sure something is not right!
Post automatically merged:

It's best to report performance issues here:
(please click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket to CDPR support)

I hope they reply!

Last edited:
Ryzen 3800X on linux (NixOS), seeing around 30% usage across all 16 threads (8 cores with SMT) on menu/idling and 50-60% usage while playing with medium crowds.

I have zero insues with my i5 (last gen) and a play with google chrome opened (use a nice amount of my processor) and some times, with Process Lassos Pro opened.

Is it a joke? What do I need to do to play the game properly? I have not spent 15k PLN (4k bucks) for a PC gaming rig to play in around 35 fps :D
BTW. I live very close to CDR HQ (7-8 minutes by car) so I can voluntarily bring my gaming rig for analysis of the problem, but for god sake solve the f*ing problem so we can enjoy the game ...

I FOUND A FIXXX!!! GET RID OF Windows 10 KB4592438 THAT CRAP BOMBARDED MY i7 3770k 100% CPU usage no matter the game including RED DEAD2! Now, My 2060Super is getting fully utilized again with Psycho Raytracing! back then I was only getting 50% Gpu usage and 100% CPU USAGE ALL CORES!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2330786249

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2330786086

I FOUND A FIXXX!!! GET RID OF Windows 10 KB4592438 THAT CRAP BOMBARDED MY i7 3770k 100% CPU usage no matter the game including RED DEAD2! Now, My 2060Super is getting fully utilized again with Psycho Raytracing! back then I was only getting 50% Gpu usage and 100% CPU USAGE ALL CORES!

Can confirm it's worked for me. CPU now around 55-60% instead of 100%

Hi, sorry. I'm new to PC, and I want to know on how do I get rid of Windows 10 KB4592438? As it turns out, if I open anything; say, Google Chrome, my cpu can spike to 100%, and it stays there. Pls help, got no other ideas.
Thank you in advance.

Hi, sorry. I'm new to PC, and I want to know on how do I get rid of Windows 10 KB4592438? As it turns out, if I open anything; say, Google Chrome, my cpu can spike to 100%, and it stays there. Pls help, got no other ideas.
Thank you in advance.
Just google "how to uninstall windows updates". It's not that hard.

Just google "how to uninstall windows updates". It's not that hard.

Is it in the settings->update & security->recovery ? If so, I can no longer rollback.
"This option is no longer available because your PC was updated more than 10 days ago"
P.S. Checking google was first thing I did, I thought asking a forum was the better idea.

So I finally found the damned update and got rid of it, but it did nothing. CPU usage is still maxed out, and GPU usage is barely noticeable.
My processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz
I have an 8GB 2400 MHz ram
My GPU is NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650
Is this rig weak? Or do I just update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5?
This fix working only for intel proccessors iirc, because this update turning off hyperthreading or something like this. Game optimized very poorly for ryzen and poorly optimized in general. Try to tweak your graphical settings. And i bet you have high temperature so your cpu can throttle.

Last edited:
This fix working only for intel proccessors iirc, because this update turning off hyperthreading or something like this. Game optimized very poorly for ryzen and poorly optimized in general. Try to tweak your graphical settings. And i bet you have high temperature so your cpu can throttle.

My graphical settings are set at medium preset, and is there a way to cooldown my pc? I'm on a gaming laptop, btw.
I got the laptop fans (the ones that are inside the laptop itself) on turbo.

My graphical settings are set at medium preset, and is there a way to cooldown my pc? I'm on a gaming laptop, btw.
Not sure, likely no. Gaming laptops more a meme than a real thing for me, but if it works it works. You can check temperature with NWinfo in example, it gives you detailed information about loads and teperatures. Set your settings to lowest and see if you can get better performance.

Not sure, likely no. Gaming laptops more a meme than a real thing for me, but if it works it works. You can check temperature with NWinfo in example, it gives you detailed information about loads and teperatures. Set your settings to lowest and see if you can get better performance.

Sorry, what's NWinfo? Is it similar to Armoury Crate?

Top Bottom