CDPR on a roll

+
Looks like not being on the ps store is quite a big deal! Given that they keep reducing complexity of the console versions to make it run on older machines maybe they'll wait for the ps5 version before re-release. Would make sense to me to wait until they can wow on the next gen........ and ps5 is actually available.
Read an article today that suggests the ps5 won't be widely available until q2 2022 because of the chip crisis (not suggesting they'll wait that long just that they have that much time to develop the next gen version fully)

For those of you wondering why CDPR stock is still low, it is because people see there is no point investing in company that has money now. People invest in a company because they see value in the future. Currently CD have no long term plan to make money. There's no big name game announced there's no game in the pipe for somewhat imminent announcement either.

It's not a coincidence that rumours of Witcher 4 are starting up again. Remember when they said they were done making Witcher games? When your being burned you go back to what you know is safe. They will formally announce some information on a 'new title' soon I would imagine as an attempt to regain some market value. CP2077 isn't the future, it's not what's going to make them money moving forward.

For those of you wondering why CDPR stock is still low, it is because people see there is no point investing in company that has money now. People invest in a company because they see value in the future. Currently CD have no long term plan to make money. There's no big name game announced there's no game in the pipe for somewhat imminent announcement either.

It's not a coincidence that rumours of Witcher 4 are starting up again. Remember when they said they were done making Witcher games? When your being burned you go back to what you know is safe. They will formally announce some information on a 'new title' soon I would imagine as an attempt to regain some market value. CP2077 isn't the future, it's not what's going to make them money moving forward.
You're saying this as if it was the setting's fault to not meet expectations. 13 million copies sold means that people are into open world sci-fi games. The fact that Cyberpunk is a first game in a series helped a lot. I know that the Witcher 3 doesn't require you to know the story of two previous games plus all the books in order to enjoy the game, but we are talking about games that are heavily story driven. Seeing so much additional material to run through before you can even start the game doesn't sound like fun to me. I can easily see other gamers thinking the same.

You said that the Witcher franchise sounds safe. Well, the quality of the third game was assured by hard work of a lot of people not by how good the setting was. If Assassin's Creed in Egipt was full of bugs and unfinished, does it mean that the one set in Middle East again will be bug-free and polished?

Going back to Cyberpunk 2077. It sold 13M copies and it would probably sell another 10M if the game turned to be actually finished at release. I bet a lot of people wanted to check the gameplays on youtube or watch some streamers play the game before they decide to buy it themselves. And they saw an ocean of bugs and overall poor quality and poor performance, especially on the consoles. Of course they didn't buy!
Not to mention all the people who will probably wait for the full package with all DLC and big expansions to come out before they decide. And those that just can't afford buying an unfinished game at full price.

You're saying this as if it was the setting's fault to not meet expectations. 13 million copies sold means that people are into open world sci-fi games. The fact that Cyberpunk is a first game in a series helped a lot. I know that the Witcher 3 doesn't require you to know the story of two previous games plus all the books in order to enjoy the game, but we are talking about games that are heavily story driven. Seeing so much additional material to run through before you can even start the game doesn't sound like fun to me. I can easily see other gamers thinking the same.

You said that the Witcher franchise sounds safe. Well, the quality of the third game was assured by hard work of a lot of people not by how good the setting was. If Assassin's Creed in Egipt was full of bugs and unfinished, does it mean that the one set in Middle East again will be bug-free and polished?

Going back to Cyberpunk 2077. It sold 13M copies and it would probably sell another 10M if the game turned to be actually finished at release. I bet a lot of people wanted to check the gameplays on youtube or watch some streamers play the game before they decide to buy it themselves. And they saw an ocean of bugs and overall poor quality and poor performance, especially on the consoles. Of course they didn't buy!
Not to mention all the people who will probably wait for the full package with all DLC and big expansions to come out before they decide. And those that just can't afford buying an unfinished game at full price.
He is not saying it.
Witcher 3 sold 10M copies 12 month after release.
There's also limit of how many people will buy game at release.
Still it look like 6M people bought game despite "ocean of bugs, poor quality and poor performance". Game was not part of largest console market during Christmas...

Top Bottom