CDPR, please review the matchmaking algorythm

+
Whatever you have there, it is very one-sided. It was pointed out numerous times by other players too.

I was playing SY poison continuously and was facing mostly the same factions - lots of ST and a little bit of NG and SK self damage.
Now I switched to MO relicts and I face NG noticeably more often and some vampires (never seen one vampire deck when I played SY poison!).
And with neither of these decks I faced SY poison even once, which I hear people meet quite often.

I did not keep the exact stats but when I play 3 hours in a row, it is very noticeable - matchmaking is steering in specific direction depending on the deck I'm playing.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, I think this has been discussed to death and there is no proof that the algorithm would specifically target players based on the deck. You are talking about high level intelligence in exactly matching a counter deck or something, not just based on the leader, but on the individual set of cards. Why would they do it? Also, it would be incredibly INCREDIBLY difficult to do that. If a deck is counter to yours, does that mean that the algorithm is helping the other person (because, with a counter deck, they will win easily)? Why would the algorithm punish you and help another person?

It is all just coincidence. There may be 75% of the time this doesn't happen and you don't notice that and when it happens on a day by coincidence, we feel like the CDPR or the match making algorithm is out there to get us. But I really don't think any such thing will be there.

Well, I think this has been discussed to death and there is no proof that the algorithm would specifically target players based on the deck. You are talking about high level intelligence in exactly matching a counter deck or something, not just based on the leader, but on the individual set of cards. Why would they do it? Also, it would be incredibly INCREDIBLY difficult to do that. If a deck is counter to yours, does that mean that the algorithm is helping the other person (because, with a counter deck, they will win easily)? Why would the algorithm punish you and help another person?
I can easily answer the question why.

We all know that there are some unfavourable matchups in Gwent. It would be great if any deck could beat any deck with approximately 50% probability but it is currently not the case. Some archetypes just suck against some other archetypes. I guess that CDPR might have reduced the odds in the algorithm for these known bad matchups. The reason - to avoid player disappointment when they encounter a bad matchup and already know from turn 1 they are likely to lose.

You say it is incredibly difficult to execute. I disagree. It's actually pretty easy. Archetypes go in line with the leader, so just like CDPR tailored card probabilities in draft, they can do the same and reduce probability of a bad matchup.

At the end of the month CDPR publishes play rate of decks and they are all relatively close to the median number. Let's say we trust these stats. However, in reality I see some decks way too often and some I don't see at all. This tells me that even though those unseen decks are played by someone somewhere, they are not coming up against the deck I am playing.

Since I am pursuing the mastery quests, I play the same leader for a week or two in a row. Thus, I can make observations what's coming up against Blood Money I am grinding right now. All in all, the matchups I am having do not seem random at all.

i Will contribute with the topic. I read @StanislavOZZO saying its more noticeable it when you play for more than one hour. I have the same feeling, and problably that happens because CDPR helps casual player.

So if the algorithm notice you play a lot it knows you will continue playing despite you lose. If algorithm notice you are a casual player he will help you to win to continue playing.

Top Bottom