CDPR you can still fix this.

+
I honestly am shocked that any person who plays games is surprised that a new game came out with bugs. I dont think that is a great thing for the companies who make games, but it is how things work. Go back and look at almost any game released over the last 10 years. I learned my lesson on AC Unity.

No one is surprised at bugs. People are surprised and angry at the massive amount of content that was obviously cut after CDPR was talking about these things like they were a sure thing. People are surprised and angry at the lack of some of the most basic features of the last decade. They added barbers to TW3 but not to CP2077? Really? An AI that works correctly, etc, etc...

Last-gen console players are pissed off because they were explicitly told the game ran, and I quote, "surprisingly well on last-gen consoles" and are left with an unplayable mess for which there is no excuse.

This isn't a small screwup, this is a massive screwup and in the case of last-gen consoles just plain lies.

I'm having very few issues myself, the game running better than I expected on my 4 years old rig. I've put a lot of time into the game and enjoyed it but it is nowhere near to being what it was supposed to be.

No one is surprised at bugs. People are surprised and angry at the massive amount of content that was obviously cut after CDPR was talking about these things like they were a sure thing. People are surprised and angry at the lack of some of the most basic features of the last decade. They added barbers to TW3 but not to CP2077? Really? An AI that works correctly, etc, etc...

Last-gen console players are pissed off because they were explicitly told the game ran, and I quote, "surprisingly well on last-gen consoles" and are left with an unplayable mess for which there is no excuse.

This isn't a small screwup, this is a massive screwup and in the case of last-gen consoles just plain lies.

I'm having very few issues myself, the game running better than I expected on my 4 years old rig. I've put a lot of time into the game and enjoyed it but it is nowhere near to being what it was supposed to be.

This...

Runs extremely well even on my 9 years old test PC with a upgraded GTX970... And that on Med to high settings.

But this game got advertised y e a r s, as an massive immersive open world game with nsfw content and and and - and thats basically a fat lie in the current state.

Many of us already finished Cyberpunk at least once, and nothing can reverse disappointment with some aspects of the game. This is single player game, and first experience with the game means A LOT. So I understand negativity sorrounding this release. But I must say this forum is on point with criticism. Most of us got higher expecations that got crushed by sad reality. Maybe more civilized behaviour is thanks to the moderation, or maybe people on this forum are more mature than let's say - some folks on reddit ?

Personaly, I am having much more fun on my second playthrough. I've started enjoying Cyberpunk much more, for what it is. Still going strong every day, and can't wait for the updates.

I am only afraid that before CDPR will fix biggest issues ( or add more content ) - many people wont care.

Hey you know what Guys, at least it's interesting to see what CDPR is going to do now. If this game was G.O.A.T and voted 10/10 by everyone , that would be so boring, Pffff, beeing CP77 fan would make me feel like some mainstream gonk.

God I love that word... gonk :)

I'm still enjoying it no matter what. However, curiously I'd like to see driveable boats added, and maybe out of the map DLC added sometime? That highway is getting awfully lonelyyyy... and it's really making me itch to see what's beyond...

Many of us already finished Cyberpunk at least once, and nothing can reverse disappointment with some aspects of the game. This is single player game, and first experience with the game means A LOT. So I understand negativity sorrounding this release. But I must say this forum is on point with criticism. Most of us got higher expecations that got crushed by sad reality. Maybe more civilized behaviour is thanks to the moderation, or maybe people on this forum are more mature than let's say - some folks on reddit ?

Personaly, I am having much more fun on my second playthrough. I've started enjoying Cyberpunk much more, for what it is. Still going strong every day, and can't wait for the updates.

I am only afraid that before CDPR will fix biggest issues ( or add more content ) - many people wont care.

Hey you know what Guys, at least it's interesting to see what CDPR is going to do now. If this game was G.O.A.T and voted 10/10 by everyone , that would be so boring, Pffff, beeing CP77 fan would make me feel like some mainstream gonk.

God I love that word... gonk :)

Very interessting viewpoint, maybe I should put the stick out of my bu... and keep playing it. So far I refuse to continue after the beginning of act 2, since its already super obvious how the story will end or better said, in which direction it will lead. And I want to experience that with the game that got promised and advertised.
Also to urge me to finish the story because of story reasons is a huuuge bumber to me ...

The thing is, do you really think they will make out a real immersive world out of the current game? With all the promises, from hairdresser to taking drinks, eating. working police system, affecting weather system and of course nfsw content?

To me that sounds like hell of work

CDPR will not abandon this game anytime soon. They know their reputation with gamers is on the line here, and have said as much. The only question is what path they take to fix things.

If all they do is improve console performance and fix bugs, and then start pumping out DLC, I will be greatly disappointed. There are so many issues with AI, open world freedom, and promised features that just aren't there that this world needs a major fleshing out. It really does play like an early access game where you can see what they are going for and it has good bones, but is missing many (or even most) features to make it a world-class game.

Bug fixing and console performance *has* to come first, I totally get that. But once that is under control I'd rather see CDPR flesh out the base world instead of adding additional content. Even if they have to offer it as a paid DLC, a "world reality pack" is desperately needed. If they can make this truly an open world sandbox game with real choices that have real consequences, I'd gladly wait until early 2022 for any new content. After all, if they do what I'm suggesting they'll keep the game interesting and replayable for years and buy themselves time for next steps beyond that.
Exactly.
And making of any sequel would cosy huge amount of money and would took more years. While tthey gained a lot of money with this game, it will stop be popular and be sold pretty soon. CDPR does not interested in it. Bad games do not make your sales. Good games do. Besides, this game has many good elements in it. It's easier and cheaper to fix than one rather make new. Also graphic level in it is already set up pretty high. But it would need to be even higher for sequel. But new genetarion just arrived. You can start development of sequel, but it you can't release it just in year or two. Next massive game with high graphic level shall be out in 3-4 years.

They gonna polish it but I am not sure what you want em to fix? like the core mechanics which are arguably pretty repretitve are there. Youd have to make a new game I think. The AI for NPCs is basically the same as the Witcher 3 one and it only works in Witcher 3 because Geralt is not a mass murdering maniac and it would not be fitting if he murdered everyone.

But people expected a GTA (and were kinda led to believe the city would work in a way like this) kinda game when interacting with the open world but obviously thats not the game. Also the side missions provided by the fixer are all basically more or less the same, with small story bits thrown into em. While some are kinda cool it basically boils down to: go there, shoot everyone and either steal/hack or save somebody.

They can fix the bug, maybe add a thing here or there but do not expect a miracle. That said the game is still fine if you do not treat it like what they promised. Its also not an RPG unfortuantely but rather a story told with very minor choices overall.

CDPR needs their version of Naoki Yoshida to fix this game.

even Street Cred is useless, why not make NPC react to you when you have high street cred, like Oh shit this one is bamf,
or random gangmembers react to your high street cred and say "ahh sorry we dont want any trouble with you"
Actually this does work, I have high street credit, and I went into one of those assault in progress area and just talking to them one guy in the back said to the other yo I know him we don't want to mess with him... or something like that and the walked out. Did not have to fight them or anything and got credit from the police message.

My wishlist for fixes:

1. AI fixes/tweaks so not to break immersion (including Police AI, come on now...).
2. Add some of the glaringly obvious cut features back into the game, now that you're in 'PR fix mode', don't leave it to modders.
3. Obviously the bugs/glitches/wonkiness.....but that kind of goes without saying.
4. Once you drop DLC on us (all the free ones etc) let one of them be Hairstylist and Tattooist in the least (also, body sliders lol).

Fix the bugs and glitches first... then continue to fix the AI of the NPCs - police mostly. Make them come from 1-3 stars with cars and after that 4-5 stars come like trauma team - like those robots in finals fantasy XV via drop ships... And after the bugs and AI just continue on making the world feel alive with things to do .. rather have you added the barber and the tattoo thing with changing in apperiance first thing but that is a must... I can just ramble on and on but i understand that bugs in consoles are coming first and are a must.

Btw i spent one playthrough not slow.. my way it took me 90 hrs in total. This EVEN with the bugs - which i barely had any and i can say im blessed in that, cut content in every shape or form this game is in my top 5 games all time.

Nah, this aint it chief. they can fix the bugs and add some minigames but the other stuff is not possible, they would need to make an entire new game. your best bet is waiting for the sequel or one of the expansions, other than that its never happening.

Nah, this aint it chief. they can fix the bugs and add some minigames but the other stuff is not possible, they would need to make an entire new game. your best bet is waiting for the sequel or one of the expansions, other than that its never happening.

Sorry bud, you're just plain wrong. This isn't 2005 anymore.

Entire engine changes are possible through patches today. It's happened before. What can and can't be done is entirely up to CDPR and how much they want to salvage their reputation.

Honestly, I would just like more everyday interactions....such as getting harassed by those civilians in the corpo intro and getting to take care of it, or just eating/drinking animations just to take care of hunger/thirst. Fix the bugs and just give us quality of life improvements to start with. After that the sky is the limit but everything that has been stated are definitely things they should look into if they haven't/weren't already being worked on.

Sorry bud, you're just plain wrong. This isn't 2005 anymore.

Entire engine changes are possible through patches today. It's happened before. What can and can't be done is entirely up to CDPR and how much they want to salvage their reputation.

they are not rewriting and redesigning entire sections of the game lol. stop using the "salvage their reputation" as some reasoning or argument as to why they should redevelop the game. I can guarantee you 100% that is never happening. no matter how much they messed up. just accept it.

Honestly, I would just like more everyday interactions....such as getting harassed by those civilians in the corpo intro and getting to take care of it, or just eating/drinking animations just to take care of hunger/thirst. Fix the bugs and just give us quality of life improvements to start with. After that the sky is the limit but everything that has been stated are definitely things they should look into if they haven't/weren't already being worked on.
This.
They must fix the problems on last gen consoles asap. I'm a PC player and had a great time playing Cyberpunk but I feel for console players.

After fixing last gen consoles and the bugs, they must add quality of life improvements with some kind of free DLC as they did on The Witcher 3. (Haircut dlc) Also bringing back some of cut contents can improve their chances of regaining trust back.

they are not rewriting and redesigning entire sections of the game lol. stop using the "salvage their reputation" as some reasoning or argument as to why they should redevelop the game. I can guarantee you 100% that is never happening. no matter how much they messed up. just accept it.

They've spent the better half of a decade building a reputation as a consumer friendly company and you can bet they sold many more copies on that reputation alone. They've already acknowledged during their investors call that they've lost this reputation and must regain it.

They're aware of the situation and want to fix it.

Furthermore, we're not talking about "redeveloping" the game. We're talking patching things for which work has already started and was then cut, probably to meet deadlines. We're talking about continuing development.

Again, this, and rewriting entire games, has been done before and turned flops into commercial successes. Just look at FF14. It was release, flopped badly, rewritten from the ground up and finally re-released and is now one of the most successful MMOs out there.

So you go ahead and live your life pessimistically if you want and guarantee all you want. I know it's been done before. I'm not holding my breath that they will but I am certainly hoping they do because it can be done.

Last edited:
Day 1 patch for PS4 is a FOURTY FIVE GB DOWNLOAD. That's a larger file than the ENTIRE data disc (which also had trouble installing.)

What is the point of having a physical copy of the game if the game isn't even on it?

I'm not going to make accusations of greed. This is incompetant. This is a situation where they should have delayed the game until they could actually get it onto disc.

The solution to this, the only acceptable solution is to reprint, and send the CORRECT discs to people who own the physical media. They won't do this of course, because this company seems to lack the understanding of the console market; some of us require physical media.

Worst part is, I can't even play the 'bad version' of the game because it 'requires an update' no matter what.

This is awful. You'd think after decades of consoles existing these companies would learn how to release games for it. If they had put, on the pack, that a massive download would be required, I'd not have bought it.

No, another 45gb patch won't solve this problem. Physical copies are meant to AVOID this bullshit. Seriously, you're not new at gaming, you should know this. It's intuitive. Like seriously, did you take release advice from the XBox 360 team?

Last edited:
Top Bottom